PDA

View Full Version : Do I eat too much for cutting?

MiamiHawks
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Today.. I woke up at around 12:00. Had a little salad and a small chicken breast.

Later I had a protein bar, its called Detour, 15 grams of protein..

and then i hit the gym

then post workout i had a tuna fish sandwich and a protein shake..

later that night i had a fruit cup.. pinapples, honeydew, grapes.. etc..

later i had a chicken salad sandwich..

and i just had some cottage cheese and another protein shake...

am i eating so much??

when you "cut" are u suppose to be hungry sometimeS?

Slappydappy
11-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I cut 60 lbs off my frame off 2,000 calories a day and I was hardly ever hungry. I just ate normally but did my cardio every 2 days. So I dunno.

MiamiHawks
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
RIght now im about 5'7-5'8, and about 155 pds.

I lift 5-6 times a week. And do about 40 minutes of cardio everyday at the gym which i burn around 350 calories. THis does not include walking to my classes everyday... and i do a **** loado f ab stuff 2 cuz i want a 6 pack.

wantstobeinshap
11-01-2005, 11:14 PM
get rid of that protein bar...count your cals, because it doesn't look like you're eating enough...and you might be overtraining...

cheers

uber_buff
11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
get rid of that protein bar...count your cals, because it doesn't look like you're eating enough...and you might be overtraining...

cheers

yeah 4 days training seems to be a good amount but 6 days is too much and your not that heavy so why are you cutting??Do you have a bit of fat in the stomach region

momotheglutton
11-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Also too many of your meals are shakes. Eat some real food. Also where are the EFAs?

IRCRomeo
11-02-2005, 05:53 AM
RIght now im about 5'7-5'8, and about 155 pds.

I lift 5-6 times a week. And do about 40 minutes of cardio everyday at the gym which i burn around 350 calories. THis does not include walking to my classes everyday... and i do a **** loado f ab stuff 2 cuz i want a 6 pack.

1) Do you jog around 5mph the entire time?
2) Doing situps won't do much for a 6-pack. It's almost all diet, and the goal is to lower body fat.

MiamiHawks
11-02-2005, 06:02 AM
well my workout i rencelty changed to high reps, low weight.

Monday- LEgs
Tuesday-Chest
WEdnesday-Back
Thursday- Shoulders
Friday- Biceps/Triceps
Saturday Cardio+almost a little of everything

The cardio i do everyday is the crosstrainer, more about 30 minutes(300-360 calories). THen bike for 10. I also do a full stretch everyday.

i just wanna lose my gut.. thats it... the shakes i drink are all pretty small.. its called Amplify and its a dietary suppliment... it seems to be prettu good/ "advanced amino acid blend" it has alot of stuff alot then then 20 grams of protein like glutamine. THe front says.. "Maximize protein absorption
Carbohydrate restriction"
"body fat reduction"
"Lean muscle maintenance"

NoypiLifter
11-02-2005, 06:36 AM
THe front says.. "Maximize protein absorption
Carbohydrate restriction"
"body fat reduction"
"Lean muscle maintenance"
thats the problem right there :D. just kidding. Eat some veggies, and like someone said drink some EFA's and add some Green tea extract and eat a lot of veggies, to limit fat gain. make sure you know ur maintenance calorie intake. Then drop 200-300 cals from it and see how many lbs you lose in a week. 1lb a week seems to be a good rule of a thumb. I was in ur position, i bulked up to 162 from 147, saw a lil bit of gut and started a mini cut. I did it all wrong though, i took some Ripped Fuel and dropped my cals from 2950 to 2200..OUCH!. My Abs were more defined but i lost a whopping 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Not good. lost my strength as well. Im at the same weight right now like you 153-155ish. Also try some Fat burners while you're at it

image101
11-02-2005, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=MiamiHawks]well my workout i rencelty changed to high reps, low weight.

Monday- LEgs
Tuesday-Chest
WEdnesday-Back
Thursday- Shoulders
Friday- Biceps/Triceps
Saturday Cardio+almost a little of everything

QUOTE]

High reps, low weight is stupid. Let me guess, you think it "tones" your muscle? Wrong. If you want to keep your muscle, you keep lifting the heavy ass weight you were lifting before you cut your calories. Otherwise you can kiss it goodbye. Also, cardio everyday along with proper weight training is excessive, unless they are 8 hours apart. Even then, with the amount you're eating, you're gonna lose a lot of muscle. Change it to something like this:
Mon: Legs/Shoulders
Tues: Cardio
Wed: Back/Biceps
Thurs: Cardio
Fri: Chest/Triceps
Sat: Cardio
Sun: Off

Make sure you get your proper post workout nutrition in (simple carbs + whey protein), and keep your protein intake high. Focus on compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, military press, dips, chin/pull ups, DB press, etc). Diet is #1 in bodybuilding, so please know wtf you are eating and how many calories.