PDA

View Full Version : Is this realistic!!

Briar
10-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Hey well ive been journaling on here for ages and had my ups and down but this past week i have been really sick and my diet has just gone down the drain and im starting to stress about weather or not im going to be ready to compete in my first figure show in march 07.

So im looking to get everyones opinion on weather or not they think this is realistic or if i need way more time. I used to be alot heavier and could resist anything then i got down to a bit better weight and laxed a little and then put on a little (only a little) about a month ago i decided i had had enough and it was time to get sorted and i decided i wanted to compete in March 07. I have been pretty good and have been seeing some good results but lately i dont know if its cause i have been sick or really stressed (im just completing my last 2 weeks of my 4 year degree) and its prob the most stressful time out of all the 4 years, hence why i got sick. My diet has turned crappy and im struggling to resit temptation and i have caught myself thinking i will never be able to get comp ready cause the days just keep passing.

So a little about me

7 weeks ago
166 lbs weight total
46lbs fat mass
28% BF
116lbs Lean mass

NOW 154lbs weight total
33lbs fat mass
22% BF
118lbs Lean mass

goal in 5 months

129lbs total weight
9% BF
lean mass about the same this is pretty good my nutritionist said!

so im aiming for a loss of 13% BF and 25lbs

this has def not been a perfect 7 weeks, i have cheated and been no where as good as i used to be.

Any suggestions on how i can get back into the groove, i dont know what happened to my motivation but I WANT IT BACK NOW!!!! :(

forgot to mention about my training, as soon as i get over this sickness i will be back to my usual training routine and that is

MON
am 40min cardio
pm chest and bis and abs

TUE
am 40min cardio
pm quads and calves

WED
am 40min cardio
pm 30min HIT and abs

THUR
am 40min cardio
pm back and tris

FRI
am 40min cardio
pm hammies and shoulders and abs

SAT
OFF

Sun
60min cardio

all am cardio is pre breakfast and is fast paced walking
pm is before dinner

Briar
10-29-2005, 01:16 PM
oh and my diet is 1590 cals a day as set byt my nutritionist
im eating 6 times a day
lots and lots of water
1-2 coffee's a day (black)
1 teapot full of green tea a day
maybe 3-4 cans pepsi max a week (depending if i go out of not cause i dont drink) :)

DTRG
10-29-2005, 01:24 PM
dude youre 154lbs and 22% bodyfat? thats ridiculous.

Briar
10-29-2005, 02:11 PM
why is that ridiculous?

i thought that wasnt to bad for a female

saw14
10-29-2005, 02:12 PM
dude youre 154lbs and 22% bodyfat? thats ridiculous.
you do realize that "he" is a "she"? thats why she is competing in a figure contest.

Briar
10-29-2005, 02:13 PM
thanks saw i figured my name kinda indicated i was a female :)

Killazer
10-29-2005, 02:20 PM
lol u got a LOT of work to do bro!! oh nevermind yer a gurl...

just playing

Briar
10-29-2005, 02:37 PM
ok well this thread was obviously a waste of time, i was hoping for some serious suggestions or advice but im obviously NOT going to get any so dont bother.

maghikschtik
10-29-2005, 03:59 PM
congrats on the degree!

I would think after finals is over, and you feel less stressed out, you'll be able to pick right back up on the swing of things. Well, after the graduation party that is...

stahlhart
10-29-2005, 04:05 PM
ok well this thread was obviously a waste of time, i was hoping for some serious suggestions or advice but im obviously NOT going to get any so dont bother.

Briar:

Send a PM to MsDominatus -- it was unfortunate that you became discouraged before she had a chance to see this thread and respond...

C.K.

Briar
10-29-2005, 04:36 PM
its not that im discouraged but there was no point keeping it goin if i was going to get stupid remarks and no feedback at all

Briar
10-29-2005, 04:37 PM
congrats on the degree!

I would think after finals is over, and you feel less stressed out, you'll be able to pick right back up on the swing of things. Well, after the graduation party that is...

yea soo happy to be finished, i can now call myself a fully qualified physiotherapist :D so glad my 4 years is finally over!! bring on full time money and say bye to student life!!

stahlhart
10-29-2005, 05:19 PM
its not that im discouraged but there was no point keeping it goin if i was going to get stupid remarks and no feedback at all

I only meant discouraged about the responses you were getting, but -- anyway, she'd probably be the best person for you to seek out advice from here.

C.K.

Briar
10-29-2005, 05:26 PM
thanks hun, yea i was a bit discouraged but thats not going to make me upset or anything, i have had a journal for well over a year on here and some amazing ladies in the womens forum but i was just looking for another perspective :)

maghikschtik
10-29-2005, 06:56 PM
"yea soo happy to be finished, i can now call myself a fully qualified physiotherapist so glad my 4 years is finally over!! bring on full time money and say bye to student life!!"

heh im still looking for full time money ;-)

I would say your really stressin right now with 2 weeks left of student life..everything will get back to the norm after it. Graduating is a lot more important than having a cheat meal or 3, in the past week or so. Just dont fail any of your finals. I failed my last final and had to wait a year before i could take the class again.. and graduate :P

My biggest problem is sugar cravings late at night. I used to drink 3-4 32 ounce sweet teas everyday. Its hard to kick the habit.

Jackadise
10-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Can we have a picture?

Briar
10-29-2005, 07:06 PM
I would say your really stressin right now with 2 weeks left of student life..everything will get back to the norm after it. Graduating is a lot more important than having a cheat meal or 3, in the past week or so. Just dont fail any of your finals. I failed my last final and had to wait a year before i could take the class again.. and graduate :P

stressing is an understatment!!!! regular pannick attacks and gettin sick cause im simply burning the candle at both ends and prob in the middle as well. I know its more important that my diet but its hard when i have a goal. Im def not planning on failing any that would mean i wouldnt be able to graduate with any of my firends and that would suck more than cheating!!

thanks so much for your re-assurance, its really nice to get some postive thoughts!! from someone who has obviously been in a similar situation :)

Jackadise
10-29-2005, 07:26 PM
stressing is an understatment!!!! regular pannick attacks and gettin sick cause im simply burning the candle at both ends and prob in the middle as well. I know its more important that my diet but its hard when i have a goal. Im def not planning on failing any that would mean i wouldnt be able to graduate with any of my firends and that would suck more than cheating!!

thanks so much for your re-assurance, its really nice to get some postive thoughts!! from someone who has obviously been in a similar situation :)

Dont freak, stress makes you fat!

Briar
10-29-2005, 07:37 PM
i think if you had ever been under the kind of pressure i am at the moment you would not be telling me "not to stress" the past 4 years of my life at uni and it all rests on this last 2 weeks, weather stressing makes you fat which i highly doubt it, there is little i or anyone in my situation can do about it. thanks for your pointless comment!!!

Greatbody4life
10-29-2005, 07:50 PM
i have had a journal for well over a year on here and some amazing ladies in the womens forum but i was just looking for another perspective :)

hmmm . we just finsh with one perspective last week . :) check the dalida thread and you will find all the perspective. Since when we gave our perspective then it become a issue :( kidding. All the best might be senior members can help like new2lifting ;) he is very good in some perspective. just kidding. Again all the best and definetely senior members will help you

DTRG
10-29-2005, 08:00 PM
you do realize that "he" is a "she"? thats why she is competing in a figure contest.

didnt realize that ha, my bad

$P!Ke$Tr!kE
10-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey good to see your also from Auckland =D I'm from the North Shore how about you ?!

Just do your best, hope your not too sick :p

Good Luck

Briar
10-29-2005, 08:17 PM
hey $P!Ke$Tr!kE

im from out east, but go to uni on the shore!

Def not as sick as i was on fri and sat, kinda had to pull myself together since my major research thesis is due tomorro!! :)

Briar
10-29-2005, 08:18 PM
hmmm . we just finsh with one perspective last week . :) check the dalida thread and you will find all the perspective. Since when we gave our perspective then it become a issue :( kidding. All the best might be senior members can help like new2lifting ;) he is very good in some perspective. just kidding. Again all the best and definetely senior members will help you

WTF!!! that doesnt really make sense

but thanks anyway

maghikschtik
10-29-2005, 08:46 PM
"stressing is an understatment!!!! regular pannick attacks and gettin sick cause im simply burning the candle at both ends and prob in the middle as well. I know its more important that my diet but its hard when i have a goal. Im def not planning on failing any that would mean i wouldnt be able to graduate with any of my firends and that would suck more than cheating!!"

yeh, so burn some more candles. drink lots of coffee, and graduate! then as soon as the graduation party is over... get back on your goal!

Its tough enough when your not stressin to stay on the diet..and work out schedule. When you got other things in the way its.. well.. take your pic. Unless of course your one of those ...you know... naturally gifted multitaskers
;-)

Jackadise
10-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Its possible

5 months X 4 weeks X 2 lbs = a maximum safe loss of 40lbs of fat.

You'll be fine, that still leaves time for mess ups.

Oh and being stressed can make you fat like you said yourself:

"and its prob the most stressful time out of all the 4 years, hence why i got sick. My diet has turned crappy and im struggling to resit temptation and i have caught myself thinking i will never be able to get comp ready cause the days just keep passing"

Stress makes you eat bad, lack persistance, have crappy workouts and no sleep I'm right and you're a snippy meany head!

Briar
10-29-2005, 10:27 PM
snippy meany head! i think i used something along those lines in kindergarten!! :D

However, yes i spose you are right if you look at it from that point of view and i apoligise if i offended u!

Thanks for the calculation that is really good to see! :)

nithos
10-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Getting down that low will be rather tough. I would guess you start having issues dropping bf% as you get closer to 15%. Unless you are genetically disposed to be at a very lean bf%.

Also, for the amount you are working out, your calories seem a bit low. Keep an eye on your lean body mass and react quickly to any plateaus.

Briar
10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
nithos
thanks for the advice hun, yea i know i will have issues but im under the guidence of a nutritionist who i see every two weeks and she is has competed in figure comps in the past so im guessing she will know how to tackle that if it comes up!

She has set those cals so im just going by what she said! It seems to be working so far so we will see how i go!

thanks again :)

Jackadise
10-31-2005, 05:37 AM
Pics Woman!!! Pics And Updates!!!!