PDA

View Full Version : Help, Help, with diet

ski111777
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Need help with diet. I am 5'11" at 215lbs Yes i have a gut but not to big. Im training with weights 3 times a week and HIT cardio twice a week. I like to be losing fat but gain muscle at the same time. How many calories should i consume daily to build muscle while losing fat. I'm only active when in training and cardio. Each work out is 40-45 mins long its a 3 day split I'm lifting heavy(trying) only training is when im active, i have a sit down desk job all night 8 hrs. I read somewhere to do my weight 215x15 that 3225 which is fine but i want to lose fat at same time, anyone recommend what daily in take should be? being only active during train times thanks

savvy
10-28-2005, 03:51 PM
depends on how old you are?

ski111777
10-28-2005, 07:27 PM

flores66
10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
what is your body fat.
email me with your body fat, height, weight and activity level.

a_flores66@yahoo.com

savvy
10-29-2005, 05:35 AM
2174 kcals is your resting metabolic rate. Since you seem only moderately active your daily energy expenditure is 3695 kcals. Then adding on your weights and cardio it comes to 3988kcals to maintain your weight.

As far as losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, its perfectly possible, but just not literally. The idea is you have to do cardio an weights completely seperately on seperate days. I recommend doing 20-30 minutes morning cardio for fat loss, this will sneak in some fat loss, and then if you dont have large meals coming up to bed time (4 hours before at the least) but have some skim milk before bed, you should be good.

In order to gain the weight, you simply need to eat more kcals than 3988, BUT in order to lose fat, it needs to be clean, an you cant be having too many more - this all depends on your personal metabolism, but as long as you can afford the food, you really want it to be on the high side - doing morning cardio should help this. I also recommend having around 7-9 small meals a day so that its very hard for there to be excess food that could potentially be stored as fat. Also take a cup of green tea after every meal - this will also help prevent the storing of fat and further up your metabolism by another 4-5%. How many calories should you be taking - personally i say around 4750 - taking into acount that your metabolism will be up and you will be burning off more than usual.

ski111777
10-29-2005, 08:23 PM
thanks savvy