PDA

View Full Version : When you eat until you're full do you....

PeterEast
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM
eat to the point where u gag and take shet every after meal? is this the proper way to bulk?

ozfiz
12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
No one should purposely eat to the point of nausea on a regular basis; it's best to space out your meals so you can eat a larger amount of calories without feeling full to the point of gagging. Not a prerequisite to bulking at all; overall calories are most important.

Purostaff
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
... count your cals man. That's all there is to it (gaining weight that is).

Spottydog
12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Eat more meals. You shouldn't have to do that. Just 300 calories over maintenance is really all you need (unless you do a hell load of cardio too).
This can be as simple as adding a small protein shake and 2 TB PB to your day.

Don't eat 'til you feel like you're gonna die... it's not right.
(except for Dedicatedforlif... he has our permission :))

oceansquire
12-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Don't eat 'til you feel like you're gonna die... it's not right.

Dude, some of us have to do so to gain weight. I just don't have an appetite, and feel pretty miserable trying to swallow those last few bites of food sometimes. I've tried 6 small, manageable(for me) meals and I just can't put on any weight like that.

The weight training is a breeze compared to stuffing myself with enough food to bulk up.

Calipe
12-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Dude, some of us have to do so to gain weight. I just don't have an appetite, and feel pretty miserable trying to swallow those last few bites of food sometimes. I've tried 6 small, manageable(for me) meals and I just can't put on any weight like that.

The weight training is a breeze compared to stuffing myself with enough food to bulk up.
Is HARD to gain weight, quality weight that is. You really have to sometimes force yourself to eat, and you end up feeling like crap, you feel even worst when you check the scale and the numbers don't go up.

Uncivilization
12-17-2007, 03:42 AM
lol i just eat so much and never feel ill then bammm nausea lol cant help it.

Yesterday i ate whole nado chicken with rice and sweet potato felt fine then 5 mins later feel sick lol

Uncivilization
12-17-2007, 03:49 AM

Well maybe you need to eat 4 meals and slow down your metabolism

plateau_max
12-17-2007, 04:08 AM
I remember when I was doing my marathon training, burning over 4,000 calories every day and having to make up for that with the food I ate... I seriously couldn't stand having to eat that much especially when I was forking over the money at the grocery store every week.

I'm back to only eating 2,200 kcals per day but those of you who have to cram it down to get your bulk on, I know how you feel.

Honestly though if you space it out to 7 meals per day they don't have to be very large and after 2 weeks or so you will find yourself getting hungry at meal times. Just be careful to count your kcals and macros to get what you need, and not what you don't need.

oceansquire
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Well maybe you need to eat 4 meals and slow down your metabolism

That's about what I'm doing now, with lots of snacking in between meals(raisins, almonds, hazelnut crackers, etc.).

Weight finally going up. =)

Baba_ghanoush
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
i get used to it lol, im like a fukin bottemless pit now rofl

lednasmr
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
lol im trying to just stay at maitinence for a couple weeks now and i feel starved on like 4000 cals per day. bulking is the easyest thing ever.

but no never eat till you feel like you will puke. try adding olive oil or another fat source to your meals if you have trouble hitting your macros

Tate2bGreat
12-17-2007, 05:01 PM

Hey she's not a dude. Don't call her "dude", dude. LOL

you rock spottydog...

And oceansquire i know what you mean man, my bro and I had this convo on friday. Eating to gain the muscle is so much harder than actually lifting the weights. I never thought i would say that, but it's true. I enjoy weight training more than the eating sometimes.