PDA

View Full Version : sweating=losing fat?

vento
10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi
I was wondering if sweating means much in losing fat, during cardio? I've been doing medium intensity cardio for 45mins 3 days for 1.5 months now and been cutting fat nicely, and I always sweat ALOT.. today I didn't sweat as much during cardio and it kind of got me worried. maybe I didn't drink enough water before doing cardio? if i'm not sweating as much, does it mean i'm not losing as much fat as before?(plateau?) if so what should I do to get on track again?
I weigh 186lbs (from 196) and I take around 2300cals a day.. thanks

power press
10-25-2005, 09:23 PM
i don`t think it`s fat but it is water weight. it dehydrates the body so it MUST be water weight!:)

Jackadise
10-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Teperature goes up, sweat goes up... There might be a correlation to fat loss or at least the amout of work that causes heat energy in the body to rise.

POrtergolf
10-26-2005, 06:51 AM
Hi
I was wondering if sweating means much in losing fat, during cardio? I've been doing medium intensity cardio for 45mins 3 days for 1.5 months now and been cutting fat nicely, and I always sweat ALOT.. today I didn't sweat as much during cardio and it kind of got me worried. maybe I didn't drink enough water before doing cardio? if i'm not sweating as much, does it mean i'm not losing as much fat as before?(plateau?) if so what should I do to get on track again?
I weigh 186lbs (from 196) and I take around 2300cals a day.. thanks

Sweat does not equal fat loss directly, if you have some water after your workout you will replenish all of the water you just sweat out. ( I would recommend that anyways so you don't get dehydrated and those deadly leg cramps while you are sleeping!)

But you have a point about sweating because when you are sweating more doing cardio it is because you are exerting more enegry and sweating is your body's way to keep you from over heating. So if you are exerting more energy in your workouts you will burn more calories.

Example: You would burn more calories walking for an hour than you would by sitting in a sauna for 10 minutes but you would sweat a lot more sitting in the sauna.
Hope this helped.

vento
10-26-2005, 11:00 AM
so what do you recommend I do? turn up the intensity? right now I'm running at 6.1mph for 45mins should I up it to 7mph? or somethin else?

POrtergolf
10-26-2005, 01:01 PM
so what do you recommend I do? turn up the intensity? right now I'm running at 6.1mph for 45mins should I up it to 7mph? or somethin else?

Are you not happy with your results you are getting?
6.1 for 45mph seems like a pretty good cardio work out. If you can handle 7.0 go for it. You will burn more calories at 7.0 than 6.1.
Maybe mix up your run with 7.0 for 15 minutes in the middle. It wouldn't hurt to try.
The sweating is going to happen anyways just make sure you replenish your fliuds.

TN_WORKOUT
11-14-2005, 12:45 PM
When you sweat you're losing water.

Fat is an energy source and it is burned when you expend energy (i.e. cardio, etc.). Your body stores excess calories as fat.

I've always heard that you need to mix things up from time to time, because the body will adapt to repetitive training. Try doing to heavy weight lifting as a way to mix things up. You might also do some interval training such as sprinting (the old sprint, walk, sprint, walk routine.)