PDA

View Full Version : Payback bu$h-style: bu$h throws CIA agents under the bus

catmando
12-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Payback Bush-Style: Bush Tosses CIA Agents Under the Bus
A. Alexander, December 10th, 2007

George W. Bush went before the American people and strong-armed Congress into passing a bill that essentially codified torture. For the part or two that didn't explicitly allow for the use of torture, Bush attached a signing statement which, in his world of make-believe, allowed him to ignore that portion of the law. Mister Bush did all this, of course, or so he claimed, to protect the CIA officers whose job it would be to torture ... sorry, to practice "harsh interrogation techniques". What a guy, huh? Mister Bush really went to bat for the CIA agents, who he insists must torture people in the name of upholding truth, justice and the American way.

And, really, what says "the American way" more than does beating a human being to a bloody pulp ... in the pursuit of justice?

Indeed, George W. Bush is really and truly an honorable and heroic guy. Boy, the way he stood up for those CIA agents. Wow! His loyalty couldn't have been shaken by a million-billion Iranian-made nuclear warheads. No way!

But ... err ... it is rather interesting that ... ahh ... only days after the CIA and the other 15 U.S. intelligence agencies made it known that Iran had stopped its nuclear weapons program ... umm ... eh-hem ... it was made public that the CIA had destroyed videotapes of its agents torturing people.

Oops! How'd that happen? Oh, life's just full of little co-ink-ee-dinks!

Gosh, sort of makes one wonder if maybe ... oh, just maybe ... the moral of the story might be the following:

If the U.S. intelligence agencies are going to start telling the truth and disrupting Mister Bush and Cheney's plans for war, then the intelligence agents are going to be tossed under the tires of the Bush administration's torture bus.

Oh, but gosh! That Mister Bush is just such an honorable man, isn't he? He is always looking out for the CIA agents, who he insists must torture people in the name of upholding truth, justice and the American way. If, however, the agents are going to continue telling the truth, they just might want to stay clear of Mister Bush's bus tires....

RIP Quorthon
12-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Payback Bush-Style: Bush Tosses CIA Agents Under the Bus
A. Alexander, December 10th, 2007

George W. Bush went before the American people and strong-armed Congress into passing a bill that essentially codified torture. For the part or two that didn't explicitly allow for the use of torture, Bush attached a signing statement which, in his world of make-believe, allowed him to ignore that portion of the law. Mister Bush did all this, of course, or so he claimed, to protect the CIA officers whose job it would be to torture ... sorry, to practice "harsh interrogation techniques". What a guy, huh? Mister Bush really went to bat for the CIA agents, who he insists must torture people in the name of upholding truth, justice and the American way.

And, really, what says "the American way" more than does beating a human being to a bloody pulp ... in the pursuit of justice?

Indeed, George W. Bush is really and truly an honorable and heroic guy. Boy, the way he stood up for those CIA agents. Wow! His loyalty couldn't have been shaken by a million-billion Iranian-made nuclear warheads. No way!

But ... err ... it is rather interesting that ... ahh ... only days after the CIA and the other 15 U.S. intelligence agencies made it known that Iran had stopped its nuclear weapons program ... umm ... eh-hem ... it was made public that the CIA had destroyed videotapes of its agents torturing people.

Oops! How'd that happen? Oh, life's just full of little co-ink-ee-dinks!

Gosh, sort of makes one wonder if maybe ... oh, just maybe ... the moral of the story might be the following:

If the U.S. intelligence agencies are going to start telling the truth and disrupting Mister Bush and Cheney's plans for war, then the intelligence agents are going to be tossed under the tires of the Bush administration's torture bus.

Oh, but gosh! That Mister Bush is just such an honorable man, isn't he? He is always looking out for the CIA agents, who he insists must torture people in the name of upholding truth, justice and the American way. If, however, the agents are going to continue telling the truth, they just might want to stay clear of Mister Bush's bus tires....

A. Alexander sounds like he's an experienced, accomplished and well respected journalist :rolleyes:

catmando
12-16-2007, 10:02 PM
A. Alexander sounds like he's an experienced, accomplished and well respected journalist :rolleyes:
He's a blogger. They can talk any way they want to.

HELIX35
12-16-2007, 10:05 PM

You're so brainwashed it's painful to see.

res7426
12-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Valerie Plame anyone?

RIP Quorthon
12-17-2007, 01:35 AM

Oh, a blogger. Excuse my ignorance. They're even more credible :rolleyes:

JohnnyDestroyer
12-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Valerie Plame anyone?

I am in no way trying to defend Bush...ever...

but dude, the Plame incident only proved how vicious washington was. Plame forged documents in order to get her husband in Sudan on a fact finding mission....

why can be discussed, probably just to beef up his resume'. I think it's crazy that Rove got fired for purgery, over a conversation that happened nearly 2 years earlier, and he didn't even lie, he tried to recall the conversation to the best of his abilities...

and the conversation was between he and Joe Wilson ANYWAY, whom did lie about it along with his wife..

Just goes to show you how petty Washington can be, and that is the lesson with "Plame Anyone?!?!"

catmando
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I am in no way trying to defend Bush...ever...

but dude, the Plame incident only proved how vicious washington was. Plame forged documents in order to get her husband in Sudan on a fact finding mission....

why can be discussed, probably just to beef up his resume'. I think it's crazy that Rove got fired for purgery, over a conversation that happened nearly 2 years earlier, and he didn't even lie, he tried to recall the conversation to the best of his abilities...

and the conversation was between he and Joe Wilson ANYWAY, whom did lie about it along with his wife..

Just goes to show you how petty Washington can be, and that is the lesson with "Plame Anyone?!?!"
I've never seen such bounteous bull**** in my life. I don't know who you've been listening but his tinfoil hat is firmly on your head. Not one fact in your rant, it's all malicious mendacity.

Poofy Nesbit
12-18-2007, 04:40 AM
I've never seen such bounteous bull**** in my life. I don't know who you've been listening but his tinfoil hat is firmly on your head. Not one fact in your rant, it's all malicious mendacity.

The irony is strong in this one.

catmando
12-18-2007, 06:44 AM
The irony is strong in this one.
STFU!!