PDA

View Full Version : Loading Creatine

SPAM
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Im taking creatine, and have loaded once. However, I honestly dont feel much different (i did it last week), although I've noticed im more energized than usual. I would like to know:

-What are the exact benefits of it beyond saturating your muscles completely?
-Is it true that you should only do it once per month?
-After doing it, should you take creatine on following days?

Thanks!

kalagan
10-25-2005, 02:32 AM
For me, a "loading phase" is not necessary....it just make you used more product, that's just bizness.....!!!

Take the same "among" (?) of creatine everyday for a month or two month. Take crea when you wake up and another "shake" after your workout. The days off, just take your crea i n the morning.

g_force
10-25-2005, 08:45 PM
just take 2-5 grams of creatine a day. No need for loading and stuff. And if you do start the loading phase, don;t take like 21 grams of creatine at once. Your gut is gonna hurt so much!!

ndj
10-25-2005, 08:45 PM
It's my understanding that experts recommend a "loading phase" when beginning the use of creatine. Evidently the purpose is to achieve the benefits of creatine use quickly. You saturate your muscles during this phase. The levels of creatine attained in the muscles after the loading phase can then be maintained with a maintenance dose. I am uncertain as to how long this maintenance dose should last before going back to a loading phase.

My only experience with creatine occurred when I was 33 years old. I was trying very hard to get a 400 lb bench press. I had been training for this for about three months or so. Someone convinced me to try creatine (I've never been much of a supplement user). I was skeptical. I weighed about 215lbs and had my bench up to around 385 lbs. I did the loading phase for five days prior to my attempt at 400 lbs. When I walked into the gym five days later, I weighed 220lbs (I had gained five pounds; probably all water weight). I maxed with a 400 lb bench press that day. I remember that I felt so strong that I was thinking that I could have done 400 for two reps. After that, I put another five pounds on and benched 405 lbs (because it looked cool to have four plates on each side of the bar). I am absolutely convinced that the loading phase gave me the extra strength I needed to get that 400 lb bench.

Anyway, I went into the maintenance phase after this and, once my creatine ran out, I never bought anymore! (and I haven't benched 400 since)

If you haven't really experienced any real difference between maintenance and loading, I'd suggest that you just stop taking it for six or eight weeks. Then try the loading phase by taking 20 grams a day for five days. However, you also need to be training super hard! See if you don't notice a dramatic increase in your strength after that loading phase.

ndj
10-25-2005, 08:48 PM
G Force is right, don't take 20 grams at once. Take four servings of five grams each throughout the day . . . if you want to load.

Monday
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
5mg x 4 times a day spread out pretty evenly. gained 8 pounds after a week of loading haha

-loading is to get creatine into your system.
-no, dont do it once a month. do it once, and then 6 weeks on, 2 off, 6 weeks back on. if you stop for a few months or longer then i'd load again.
-loading is not neccassary but i do it, and enjoy it personally.
-and of course u take creatine after you load, what would be the point of loading then? 5-10mg a day depending on what you weigh