View Full Version : Anne Rice "The Queen of the Occult" Finds Christ,

CitadelArmyJAG
10-24-2005, 07:02 AM
She says "I promised that from now on, I would only write for the lord..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9785289/site/newsweek

Congrats for her...

Hartski
10-24-2005, 07:04 AM
You've got to be ****ting me. Well, her carreer just went straight down the toilet.

CitadelArmyJAG
10-24-2005, 07:10 AM
You've got to be ****ting me. Well, her carreer just went straight down the toilet. All her Goth fans gotta be writhing in their black mascara right now... probably burning all their copies of "Interview with a Vampire," etc....

Hartski
10-24-2005, 07:18 AM
All her Goth fans gotta be writhing in their black mascara right now... probably burning all their copies of "Interview with a Vampire," etc....

You don't have to be a Goth to be a fan of her writing. She invented a whole world within ours that is amazingly detailed, and quite entertaining.

CitadelArmyJAG
10-24-2005, 07:47 AM
You don't have to be a Goth to be a fan of her writing. She invented a whole world within ours that is amazingly detailed, and quite entertaining.Oh I know that man... However, that being said, the goths are about the only people donning black eye liner, lipstick, fingernail polish, chains, and sleeping in coffins with fake fangs in their mouth. lol

Hartski
10-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Oh I know that man... However, that being said, the goths are about the only people donning black eye liner, lipstick, fingernail polish, chains, and sleeping in coffins with fake fangs in their mouth. lol

True, but there is just something about hot Goth chicks that is really sexy. Like Abby on "Navy N.C.I.S."

The Kurgan
10-24-2005, 10:54 AM
I wonder if this will actually give her the ability to create interesting characters? Anyway, her writing never was Herman Hesse in the first place.

riptor
10-24-2005, 02:40 PM
I think her new book is called "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt." It is supposed to be a biography of Jesus from when he was a child, and written from his perspective. He is the narrater of the book and you get to hear his thoughts, kind of like the Wonder Years TV show I guess. I doubt it is a scholary book, I'm sure there are better books about Jesus's early life than hers.

Memnoch
10-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Just because she has faith in God doesn't mean she is the same as the typical Fundamentalist Christian. As soon as someone mentions that they love Jesus, it's as if they have become a social pariah in secular society. But considering 80/85% of Americans are Christian she's in good company.

She should worship Memnoch the devil instead.

NuggzTheNinja
10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
True, but there is just something about hot Goth chicks that is really sexy. Like Abby on "Navy N.C.I.S."

Admit it...you just want a girl that'll let you be her master. :D

Hartski
10-25-2005, 04:55 AM
Admit it...you just want a girl that'll let you be her master. :D

Who says she wouldn't be the master?;)

liljoesiu
10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
She says "I promised that from now on, I would only write for the lord..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9785289/site/newsweek

Congrats for her...

Yeah, I saw this and was like "Holy Crap!"

siamesedream
10-25-2005, 04:47 PM
You've got to be ****ting me. Well, her carreer just went straight down the toilet.

But her soul just went straight into the book of life.

Revolver45
10-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Congrats to her, Im not too familiar with her writing, but either way I'm happy that she found God.

notorius1
10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
How sad....

Boots n_ Braces
10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
How sad....

for once i agree with u.

coontang
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
This sucks. Hopefully she'll make Jesus into a vampire for old time's sake.