PDA

View Full Version : Dan Haren NL Cy Young Winner

Negatron617
12-14-2007, 10:41 PM
If he pitches like he did this year, I dont see how he doesnt win the Cy Young.
His ERA was just 3.07 and thats was going against the best hitting league
now that he is in the National League and the 8th hitter is an easy out, and the pitcher is an automatic out I dont see his ERA being over 3.00
the only way I could be wrong is because I underestimated how much Oakland stadium is a pitchers park. It has ridiculous amounts of foul ground

whatever tho, i hate these trades where teams give up stars like Haren, like Willis and Cabrera for prospects who might never turn into everyday major leaguers, let alone all stars
be happy arizona and detroit
the only reason i hate these trades, is cuz the red sox didnt make em but still
yaknowhatImean!!!

bbacn123
12-14-2007, 11:19 PM
It's gonna be a bit of an adjustment for him switching to a new league. Look at Tim Hudson, he was stellar in Oakland before we got him, and it took him three years to perform anything like he did in Oakland. Not to mention Turner Field is more of a pitchers park than Oaklands is. So no, I dont think he'll be anywhere near the Cy Young talks.

ElMariachi
12-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the life of an A's fan. It doesn't matter what prospects they got for Haren because if they amount to anything decent, they will get traded right after they hit their prime. The sheer number of players that Oakland has traded/not resigned, is absolutely ridiculous. Pretty painful. If there was one franchise that had an emo as a mascot, the A's would be it

Tim Hudson
Mark Mulder
Miguel Tejada
Jason Giambi
Barry Zito
Johnny Damon
Dan Haren
.............and many more

A's could damn well start an All-Star team with the number of guys that they've lost.

BangBrahs
12-15-2007, 05:34 AM
I'm not so sure. Sometimes it's disastrous when an AL pitcher moves to the NL. Look at Barry Zito.

YourFired85
12-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Welcome to the life of an A's fan. It doesn't matter what prospects they got for Haren because if they amount to anything decent, they will get traded right after they hit their prime. The sheer number of players that Oakland has traded/not resigned, is absolutely ridiculous. Pretty painful. If there was one franchise that had an emo as a mascot, the A's would be it

Tim Hudson
Mark Mulder
Miguel Tejada
Jason Giambi
Barry Zito
Johnny Damon
Dan Haren
.............and many more

A's could damn well start an All-Star team with the number of guys that they've lost.

Not to mention before that they traded Mark McGwire to the Cardinals way back when

KennyK
12-15-2007, 08:09 AM
cardinals got hosed on that trade. DON'T FORGET MARK MULDER!

ElMariachi
12-15-2007, 08:12 AM
cardinals got hosed on that trade. DON'T FORGET MARK MULDER!

Like hell they did. St Louis fans got several seasons of exciting, home-run ball and offensive production while the A's got three guys named Blake Stein, Eric Ludwick and TJ Matthews.

None of those guys did jack nor crap for the A'S, I don't even think that any of them are still in the league.

KennyK
12-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Like hell they did. St Louis fans got several seasons of exciting, home-run ball and offensive production while the A's got three guys named Blake Stein, Eric Ludwick and TJ Matthews.

None of those guys did jack nor crap for the A'S, I don't even think that any of them are still in the league.

they didn't give up Haren for Mcgwire

They traded him and Kiko (sp?) Calero and someone else to the A's for Mark Mulder.

Who hasn't pitched a full season in 2 years

ElMariachi
12-15-2007, 08:37 AM
they didn't give up Haren for Mcgwire

They traded him and Kiko (sp?) Calero and someone else to the A's for Mark Mulder.

Who hasn't pitched a full season in 2 years

I know that, and the A's got lucky on that Mulder trade. He had been injury prone when he was younger, then had a few good seasons with the A's, and turns out that the Cardinals luck wasn't that great, but when healthy, he's still a top notch performer.

He had a damn good season for the Cardinals his first year though, hopefully he can healthy.

SteezeFactory
07-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Big ballin is Dan Haren's hobby. Best ERA in the MLB after his CG shutout tonight, strong bump!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/nitroboy24/danharen.jpg

Him, Justin Upton, and Mark Reynolds are the only reasons I can stand to watch this pos team play ball.

bbacn123
07-10-2009, 11:28 PM
He has an absolute sick WHIP at the moment

SteezeFactory
07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
He has an absolute sick WHIP at the moment

It's nasty, his first half was like this last year. Unfortunately he has been a train wreck after the All Star break throughout his career, I really hope he changes that up this year.

robogain
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM
he aint no lincecum he wont keep this up the whole year . lincecums hair as well > haren

Pro_Shark
07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
he aint no lincecum he wont keep this up the whole year . lincecums hair as well > haren

Haren has the goatee going for him, so your argument is invalid.

McRocks
07-10-2009, 11:51 PM

Timmy tried to grow a mustache, but that didn't work out it is not his fault he doesn't have the genes to grow facial hair.

robogain
07-11-2009, 12:29 AM

our catcher who caught the no hitter today has a full head of grey hair in his 20's .. your argument is invalid

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/74/196558581_e2a89b6071.jpg?v=0

KingCanuck
07-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Little Timmy Lincecum > all

MaskedManiac
07-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Haren is the most UNDERATED pitcher in baseball......

JIGSAW
07-11-2009, 09:54 AM

this

BobbyZeus
07-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Lincecum has a shot at the triple crown. He will have to do a lot to beat Lincecum.

ERA-2
K's-1
W's-2