PDA

View Full Version : best possible meal(s)

etrevino103186
12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Okay so I've been lurking for a while but I have a question. Now that it is winter break I have time to get my diet straight and stock up for the next semester. My question is what is best thing to eat? I don't care about things getting old or not tasting great. I seldom eat out or have craving for greasy/ fattening foods.

I should also mention my goal is get bigger and also lose fat, I know that is hard but it's been working so far. I am just trying to get every edge I can. Most importantly to me is abs, I am content with the rest of my body. 21 years old, weigh about 170 lbs. and 5'11"

SK1989
12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
It's possible. Really for diet and especially since you want the abs to show, abs show after you generally hit 10% or lower, sometimes varies on genetics. But abs are down to your diet mostly, obviously doing ab exercises are fine but it's down to diet because almost every male will store quite a large majority of their body fat in the abdomnial region.

But for diet generally any meal that's healthy is good on a cut. Obviously you want to make sure what your eating is going to be beneficial but also good for you, some people like to render carbs out completely (that includes fruits, potatoes etc) imo carbs are good to have in a small amount on a cut, keep it to say 100g or under thats what I do (but varies on your weight really) you have to know your body pretty much and see what works for you.

For meals in generally I stick to simplicity at around 2,000 calories a day. In general just keep your protein intake high and carbs moderate to low. By carbs I mean new potatoes, fruit etc is fine but don't eat lots of it. Any fish is generally good, vegetables, brown rice etc. Protein shakes help.

etrevino103186
12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
I realize that the trick to abs is dieting but I just don't what I should eat that isn't really expensive or time consuming to prepare. I could eat Tuna every day but I have heard that it is bad because of the mercury. What about breakfast. I am just trying to eat only what I need and no fat and bare minimum as far as calories and fat.