PDA

View Full Version : pack a few on b4 the season

madcowwhite
10-22-2005, 07:16 AM
yoo,

i need to gain a few lbs b4 wrestling season starts officially, i was wondering what my meal plan should be like. I cant rlly eat 5 times a day, becasue i go to a public school, i usaully get 3 in could fit a fourth b4 bed. Looking for help, on the calorie/protein intake etc.

RipStone
10-22-2005, 08:16 AM
yoo,

how old are you, height, weight, body fat %? how many days a week do you lift/do cardio? knowing this info will help us determine how many calories you need to eat a day to gain weight. however, the best way to determine cals is(from another thread)...

"Here is what you need to do. Keep track of everything you eat for a few days and total up the calories, carbs, protein, and fats for each day(you can use fitday.com for help with this). If this is how you typically eat(which I dont see why it wouldnt be) then you should get a great idea of how many calories you are consuming per day currently.

Then ask yourself have you been gaining/losing/maintaining weight eating like this? Depending on the answer and your goals(lose/gain weight) you can make changes to your current diet.

For example, lets say you find out you are eating 2500 cals a day right now. And eating this amount you are maintaing your weight. However, you want to lose weight. So you would start eating 250-500 cals les per day in order to lose about 1/2-1lb a week.

In addition, fitday.com will tell you the ratios of carb/fat/protein you are eating. You can get a good idea of what ratio work well for you by tracking progress over a period of time."

here are some places to start. read the first link and use the 2nd link to see sample diets and try and create your own diet...

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htmhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=370800&highlight=official+cutting

madcowwhite
10-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I am 16 yrs old im about 5'2'' and my body fat% is 6 give or take 1 havent had a body comp in a month. MY workout as off now goes like this.

Monday- morning run, wrestle, and abs
Tuesday-morning run, max upper body lift and i do fast ft drills after
Wens- morning kettlebell workout, wrestle and abs
Thursday- morning run, leg workout
Friday- morning kettlebell workout, wrestle and abs
Sat-morning run, rep upper body lift and abs
Sunday- kettle bells workout

madcowwhite
10-22-2005, 12:39 PM
thanks rip that link rlly helped