PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys critique this :)

jdhsgsdgsd
10-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey people. Well ive always had a problem with my diet so here's what i did.. I pretty much did a 360 degree turn around in the way i eat.. here's what ive been doing for past 3 days.. BTW now im 146lb and im trying to bulk, i already have the workout part down because i have a personal trainer who is pretty good..

as for as nutrition, heres what im doing

8am - wake up, morning cardio on threadmill for 30mins
8.30 - shower, etc

9am - Meal 1 - 4 Ripe bananas, about 3 cups of grapes, one orange, one glass of 100% squeezed apple juice

I also take Chlorella, Spirulina and VItamins everyday. Chlorella and spirulina are super green foods. you can look em up on google if you want..

Oh yeah i also take enzyme supplement(vitalyzm), Probiotics, and ground organic flaxseed(I love it )

11.30-12PM - Meal 2 - About 3 cups organic cereal with 2 or so cups of rice milk..

4pm - Meal 3 - Big serving of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and carrots, plus about 4 slices of bread, and here's the best part, 100% ALMOND BUTTER (theres a wholefoods store around me, and they have the most amazing natural almond butter. you actually hit the machine and it crushes it for u there! no extra crap, just almonds), i probably take about 1 cup of this a day cuz i spread i VERY WELL over my bread...
Meal 3 also includes 5 egg whites

7pm - Meal 4 - I try to eat like some bread or something , this meal is sketchy i dont know what to do, like yesterday i had 2 chicken breasts..

10pm - Meal 5 - Like 4 potatoes and 2 plantains (Roasted in the oven) Yummy
12am - ZMA,
1am - Off to sleep

OK i know its a lot but i will rep for anyone that can critique it..

So far i think im going start taking some of the Optimum whey protein i have here, plus i just bought some steel cut oats so im going to add that in there.. apart from that is there anything else wrong?

jdhsgsdgsd
10-21-2005, 02:22 PM
nobody :(

RipStone
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
your diet needs a lot of work. read this link and look at the sample diets in the second link and make yourself a diet accordingly...

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=370800&highlight=official+cutting

also, if you are trying to bulk, then doing cardio first thing in the morning on any empty stomach is quite possibly the worst thing for your goals.

jdhsgsdgsd
10-21-2005, 03:40 PM
your diet needs a lot of work. read this link and look at the sample diets in the second link and make yourself a diet accordingly...

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=370800&highlight=official+cutting

also, if you are trying to bulk, then doing cardio first thing in the morning on any empty stomach is quite possibly the worst thing for your goals.

the cardio gives me appetite throughout the day, plus im gonna eat back the lost calories.. if i dont do cardio in the morning i wont be hungry the whole day

bodybuilder45
10-21-2005, 06:16 PM
no offense, but that diet is absolutely terrible for gaining mass. its good in the fact that it contains many vitamins and such, but the macros are terrible. the majority of your calories are coming from carbs, and the glycemic load in some of your meals is way too high. dont get me wrong, i eat many carbs and encourage others to do so, but it is important to take them in limited quantities spread throughout the day with sources of complete protein. i consume anywhere between 40-80g carbs 6-8 times a day. for instance, meals 1 and 5 contain well over 150g of carbs with no protein source. all your meals should include one of the following as a protein source: meat, dairy, eggs, fish, or protein powder. i would definitely substitute rice milk for cows milk. rice milk is no good. make some corrections and post a newer, better diet.

RipStone
10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
the cardio gives me appetite throughout the day, plus im gonna eat back the lost calories.. if i dont do cardio in the morning i wont be hungry the whole day

Let me explain why doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning is very counter productive to bulking.

When you sleep for 8+ hours your body is not getting any nutrients, this leaving your body in a catobolic(muscle burning) state. Cardio is a catobolic activity. That is you lose fat during cardio, but you lose muscle too. Doing a catobolic activity(cardio) when you are already in a catobolic state(upon waking) is a recipie for losing muscle.

bodybuilder45
10-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Let me explain why doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning is very counter productive to bulking.

When you sleep for 8+ hours your body is not getting any nutrients, this leaving your body in a catobolic(muscle burning) state. Cardio is a catobolic activity. That is you lose fat during cardio, but you lose muscle too. Doing a catobolic activity(cardio) when you are already in a catobolic state(upon waking) is a recipie for losing muscle.
im bulking and i occassionally do cardio on an empty stomach (only when i work at 6 am which is only 1-2 times per week). however, i do eat when i wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom which always happens between 2-3 in the morning, so im not going that long without nutrients. i also take 10-15g of BCAA's before i run to prevent catabolism. i find that doing this has kept fat gain to a minimum while bulking. maybe its not even considered an empty stomach if i take BCAA's. im not sure, but im seeing results and thats what matters.

jdhsgsdgsd
10-21-2005, 07:23 PM
OK well i dont drink cow milk.. but here's an updated one..

Meal 1 - 4 Ripe bananas, about 3 cups of grapes, one orange, one glass of 100% squeezed apple juice PLUS WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE

Meal 2 - Nice big bowl of cereal, few cups of milk, and 5 EGG WHITES

Meal 3 - Steel Cut oatmeal and Nice Cut of Steak

Meal 4 - Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, carrots, 4 slices bread, and 2 Big Chicken Breasts..

Meal 5 (Preworkout)- Banana, Creatine Whey ( I work out like 7pm thats why preworkout is late)

Meal 6 - PostWorkout - Gatorade, Creatine Whey,

Meal 7 - Peanut Butter & almonds..

Is this better? i will work out the quantity later and yeah also i do take organic flaxseed morning and evening

evenflow
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
try adding some cottage cheese before you go to sleep. Go to www.fitday.com and enter it all, yeah its a bitch but it will tell you how many total cals, and % of carbs prots and fats you are getting.

A typical 150 5'10 teen should be eating around 3000-3200 cals a day for bulking.

jdhsgsdgsd
10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
i dont like cottage cheese or regular milk

im sorry i just dont eat dairy :) im sure i can bulk without any kind of rice milk or cheese.. only milk product i eat is organic rice milk

bodybuilder45
10-21-2005, 08:07 PM
OK well i dont drink cow milk.. but here's an updated one..

Meal 1 - 4 Ripe bananas, about 3 cups of grapes, one orange, one glass of 100% squeezed apple juice PLUS WHEY PROTEIN SHAKE

Meal 2 - Nice big bowl of cereal, few cups of milk, and 5 EGG WHITES

Meal 3 - Steel Cut oatmeal and Nice Cut of Steak

Meal 4 - Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, carrots, 4 slices bread, and 2 Big Chicken Breasts..

Meal 5 (Preworkout)- Banana, Creatine Whey ( I work out like 7pm thats why preworkout is late)

Meal 6 - PostWorkout - Gatorade, Creatine Whey,

Meal 7 - Peanut Butter & almonds..

Is this better? i will work out the quantity later and yeah also i do take organic flaxseed morning and evening
much better but there is still room for change to improve this. that is a lot of fruit in the morning, 4 bananas and 3 cups of grapes is a lot and isnt necessary in those quantities. a better option would be to have some oatmeal with one serving of fruit instead of like 8 servings. also, only eat 1 chicken breast in meal 4 and save the other for post workout. these things will make your plan a little better.