PDA

View Full Version : Protein shake taste question

Krnkwang
12-13-2007, 08:55 PM
i've tried several protein powders for shakes and out of all of em i've tried muscle milk is by far the best tasting, but it's mad expensive. i do however have a Sams club membership and i saw this protein powder http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=355988
it's EAS protein, which i've never heard of, but i was wondering if any of you have and whether or not it tastes good. thanks

73570573R0N3
12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
i've tried several protein powders for shakes and out of all of em i've tried muscle milk is by far the best tasting, but it's mad expensive. i do however have a Sams club membership and i saw this protein powder http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=355988
it's EAS protein, which i've never heard of, but i was wondering if any of you have and whether or not it tastes good. thanks

I have it in both flavors. Tastes great, gets the job done, and a great price. Keep in mind muscle milk isn't strictly whey protein, it's mostly casein with a large amount of fat, it does taste amazing but it's also very expensive.

Applebonker
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Don't forget that there is also a lot of sugar in Muscle Milk in comparison to a lot of other brands. That's why it tastes good. I use Muscle Milk occasionally, but I'm a big fan of Optimum Nutrition. If you can find that somewhere the price is pretty good. And now that I'm cutting, the taste is amazing. It's amazing how good stuff like this begins to taste when you're eating really clean.

Jonesy08
12-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Gotta agree with Applebonker when it comes to Optimum Nutrition whey powder for taste. Now that i'm used to it the Double Chocolate flavour is more like a treat then a supplement powder, really like the taste.

My last powder was EAS vanilla and it was ok with milk but i didn't like it much with water like i do with the ON. I just mix a scoop and a half of ON with a shaker and cold water, shake for 10 seconds and it's good to go....

Duperman
12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
I also like Optimum Nutrition best. I've had no problem with the Chocolate flavour, I'm thinking about picking up a 10lb vanilla bag now. ON is great.

BeefyMcNasty
12-14-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm on the ON Choclate Mint at the moment. It tastes pretty good.

sbbc
12-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I think I've posted some of these already somewhere.. anyway

EAS Vanilla - good with milk, may not like with water

EAS Chocolate - I think this is just ground up cardboard

Optimum Nutrition Cookies and Cream - Good at first, you'll be wishing you bought a smaller container later

Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate - tasty in both water or milk

Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream - Similer to the cookies and cream

Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla - I like this one in water or milk

Ultimate Nutrition Vanilla - Good in Milk, not bad in water, overall a little to sweet IMO.

Ultimate Nutrition Chocolate Truffle - favorite overall so far, I must buy another.

I just noticed some new flavors from ON.. I wonder if they're limited time holiday only, Caramel Toffee Fudge, Mocha Cappuccino, Orange Cream, Root Beer Float, Apple Cider, Eggnog!, Pumpkin Pie... I don't have enough money :P

fittchica
12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I think I've posted some of these already somewhere.. anyway

EAS Vanilla - good with milk, may not like with water

EAS Chocolate - I think this is just ground up cardboard

Optimum Nutrition Cookies and Cream - Good at first, you'll be wishing you bought a smaller container later

Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate - tasty in both water or milk

Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream - Similer to the cookies and cream

Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla - I like this one in water or milk

Ultimate Nutrition Vanilla - Good in Milk, not bad in water, overall a little to sweet IMO.

Ultimate Nutrition Chocolate Truffle - favorite overall so far, I must buy another.

I just noticed some new flavors from ON.. I wonder if they're limited time holiday only, Caramel Toffee Fudge, Mocha Cappuccino, Orange Cream, Root Beer Float, Apple Cider, Eggnog!, Pumpkin Pie... I don't have enough money :P

I grabbed a small limited ed. Toffee Fudge--glad I bought a small one,lol...tired of it already, but a nice change...Everyone has their own opinion though because the above poster stated that he get's tired of On Whey's Vanilla Ice Cream, and I LOVE it and never tire of it,so....

sfrv
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Protein shake some mix better than others, the ones I have used that mix and taste great are:
I have tried this and they are good:

BSN Syntha-6 - Mochaccino $19.90
BSN Syntha-6 - Vanilla ice cream $19.90
BSN Syntha-6 - Strawberry $19.90
2.91Lbs.
Cytosport Muscle Milk - NATURAL Vanilla Creme $16.99
Cytosport Muscle Milk - NATURAL Fresh Strawberry $16.99
Cytosport Muscle Milk - NATURAL Chocolate $16.99
2.48Lbs.
Optimum 100% NATURAL Gold Standard Vanilla $18.95
Optimum 100% NATURAL Gold Standard Strawberry $18.95
Optimum 100% NATURAL Gold Standard Chocolate $18.95
2 Lbs

They all mix very well and taste great specially the BSN products, I love the chocolate.

sfrv
12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Has anybody tried this one:

Optimum Nutrition
100% Casein Protein

How dose it taste?
Is it better to substitute the muscle milk?
Is it as effective compared to others like it?

Thanks

sportyhp
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
i think champion nutrition cookies and cream is great

Pr1nc3
12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I have Vanilla flavoured Whey and it tastes amazing with my Orange juice.. it may seem weird vanilla orange juice, but i love it!

Gx7Pyro
12-14-2007, 10:43 PM

Optimum Nutrition
100% Casein Protein

How dose it taste?

Thanks

i have the chocolate flavor. i DONT know why, but for some reason, i taste a coconut aftertaste when i drink it. and i freakkin hate coconut. to offset the coconut, one scoop of peanut butter works perfectly. especially with a tall glass of milk. delicious.

it is defintely a healthier substitute for muscle milk. like 1/3-1/4 the calories, and only a couple carbs. its very very thick though - i found i have to mix 1 scoop (which is a serving) with 2.5 cups of milk (i drink my shakes kinda liquidy) to drink it easily. i think the best part of ON casein is that you FEEL full - you can feel the shake sitting in your stomach for hours, but you know that it has few calories and carbs so you dont feel fat. but you cant beat muscle milk in taste...

Gx7Pyro
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
I have Vanilla flavoured Whey and it tastes amazing with my Orange juice.. it may seem weird vanilla orange juice, but i love it!

lol. doesnt it taste JUST like a creamsicle??? i mix vanilla whey with a orange gatorade for that taste..

sly_106
12-14-2007, 10:52 PM

Optimum Nutrition
100% Casein Protein

How dose it taste?

Thanks

It's a great casein protein. I like the vanilla the best.

Stealth1097
12-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Personally i have ON Vanilla Ice Cream. I personally quite like it b/c its very bland and just smooth. I personally quite prefer this b/c of all the various flavors of other supplements I take. It kind of nullifys everything.

NowMotivated
12-15-2007, 12:28 AM
It's a great casein protein. I like the vanilla the best.

Yeah you would have to have a weird sense of taste to like Banana (gross) or Chocolate Supreme more than Vanella.

sfrv
12-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein

Thanks for all the feed back, I will certainly give it a try and as long as it taste at least as good as the Optimum 100% NATURAL Gold Standard that is good by me. I normally by vanilla because you can mix it or add anything to it and it tastes great.

Pr1nc3
12-15-2007, 11:44 AM
lol. doesnt it taste JUST like a creamsicle??? i mix vanilla whey with a orange gatorade for that taste..

Yeah it does taste just like a creamsicle!! Highly reccommended blend.. Vanilla + Orange Juice

dazraf26
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM

I been using the chocolate flavor for some time and think its great. Usually shake consist of 2 scoops of whey and 1 cup oats, 3 or 4 ise cubes blended. Taste great IMO.

I am pretty sure you wont find another quality whey product that $30 for 6lbs.

SkinnyDip
12-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I currently am using Dymatize Chocolate Mint- great with Milk/Water

Eas Chocolate- not quite the taste that Dymatize has, but not horrible

On Cookies' N Cream- Like previous poster stated, good at first, then you want to just get rid of it

Dymatize Cafe Mocha- Really good with Milk and Water

purplefan77
12-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I have tried a lot of protein powders and just found one that is my favorite. It is Jarrow Formulas Muscle Optimeal, Chocolate Flavor. That is the only flavor I have tasted, but I am going back for more!

MrSinister
12-15-2007, 04:12 PM
easy to make muscle milk taste good as its also full of sugar

best tasting imo is optimum, and ive tried lots... rocky road, chocolate, best banana was dymatize elite, and best strawberry was a local brand here called Max's.

mridgley
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Optimum Nutrition - Vanilla

Mix it with Ice, Cininnmon, Pumpkin Spice

Or - Peanuts and a bananna - Ice and FF Milk.

Or - Frozen Fruits - Straberries, Blueberries, ect...

Splenda for sweetener.

Lucide
12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I just got the ON Casein Banana flavor; it's not very tasty. I'm debating over what casein flavor to get next: vanilla or chocolate. I hear good things about the vanilla, but chocolate had never let me down in ANY protein.

At any rate, I'll finish this 4 lb. tub because it's still great quality and isn't cheap.

gbalzac
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I have a tub of the ON Casein Chocolate and it tastes nothing like ON Whey chocolate flavors (double rich chocolate - which i love! or rocky road)

Quite frankly its awful and I did some searches and everyone suggested Ultra Peptide 2.0 as a much better bed time protein. I must admit I'm very happy w/the peanut butter chocolate I picked up.

Big thumbs down to taste of ON Casein Chocolate for taste!!!

Lucide
12-15-2007, 08:46 PM
I have a tub of the ON Casein Chocolate and it tastes nothing like ON Whey chocolate flavors (double rich chocolate - which i love! or rocky road)

Quite frankly its awful and I did some searches and everyone suggested Ultra Peptide 2.0 as a much better bed time protein. I must admit I'm very happy w/the peanut butter chocolate I picked up.

Big thumbs down to taste of ON Casein Chocolate for taste!!!

That's good to know. And I won't doubt your taste since I love ON double rich chocolate whey also. Guess next time it's vanilla cream for casein.

phoenixr2
12-16-2007, 12:25 AM
SNYTHING BSN MAKES i LOVE, ALSO YEAH 100 % OPTIMUM IS ALSO MUCH GOOD. MAYBE iLL TRY THE ONE YOU MENTIONED THOUGH.