PDA

View Full Version : Define Success

gr8fubar420
10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Success is what we strive for in life. How do you define success?

theredshirt
10-20-2005, 02:20 PM
id say success is not what we strive for, but what we achieve when we reach our goals

JUSA
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd say success changes as one grows older and matures. Women probably also have different goals than males, too. For me, right now, I'd say family is most important to me.

Juice

Fitqb
10-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I would say success is when one is satisfied with their accomplishments. Success for one, might not even be close for another.

Brufiacci
10-20-2005, 03:19 PM

If you drive a new Ferrari then you're a success!

JUSA
10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
I would say success is when one is satisfied with their accomplishments. Success for one, might not even be close for another. I would have guessed you would have said success is gauged by how many stupidhead double-dumb Christian fools who you said were morons. Then again, I suspect complaining about Christians gives you quite a lot of satisfaction... maybe I wasn't so off with my initial instincts.

Fitqb
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
I would have guessed you would have said success is gauged by how many stupidhead double-dumb Christian fools who you said were morons. Then again, I suspect complaining about Christians gives you quite a lot of satisfaction... maybe I wasn't so off with my initial instincts.

I would say that you will attempt to take shots at anyone whenever you have a chance. In a thread not even about religion, you somehow mangaged to get an insult in there because we have disagreeing points of view.

I'll stick with my definition of success by the way, even though it has nothing to do with ridiculing other people.

JUSA
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I would say that you will attempt to take shots at anyone whenever you have a chance. In a thread not even about religion, you somehow mangaged to get an insult in there because we have disagreeing points of view. By responding here, aren't you guilty of what you just now were complaining about? Is being hypocritical part of your definition of success, too? Oh, and when you and your ilk can keep your nose out of an appreciation thread, then you can complain when people vere off-topic, K?

Juice

notorius1
10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Like someone has said before, success is the point you've reached after you have worked HARD and you feel that sense of richness.

frankenstein
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I would have guessed you would have said success is gauged by how many stupidhead double-dumb Christian fools who you said were morons. Then again, I suspect complaining about Christians gives you quite a lot of satisfaction... maybe I wasn't so off with my initial instincts.

I suggest you put that constant anger, eager to attack and off topic behavior into a gym.

JUSA
10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I suggest you put that constant anger, eager to attack and off topic behavior into a gym. Thanks, sound advice, but it's not anger. It's more like disgust.

Fitqb
10-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks, sound advice, but it's not anger. It's more like disgust.

Get off your little pedestal man. I'm sorry that my lack of belief in an imaginary man in the sky disgusts you. As a matter of fact, your lack of faith in Zeus DOWN RIGHT DISGUSTS ME!

4amWorkouts
10-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Every person defines their own success. For some it is money, for others it is power. For some it is a family that is better off than they were, for others it is service to their country.

blaker00
10-20-2005, 05:19 PM

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another. "

Madonna

---
So I would assume it's the opposite of that.

Fitqb
10-20-2005, 05:27 PM
I would have guessed you would have said success is gauged by how many stupidhead double-dumb Christian fools who you said were morons..

"Success- Making Johnny USA look like a stupid head double-dumb Christian fool."

- Fitqb, speaking to the forum, 10/20/05, on a day that will live in infamy

wsp199
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Success is when you have reached all the standards you have set for yourself. Standards are subjective values, meaning that what may be a standard for one is not for another. Therefore, HOW we get a feeling of success is subjective, but the feeling itself is always the same for all people.