PDA

View Full Version : loss of muscle seems greater than loss of fat HELP!!!

Dylon
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I am currently dieting to get to around 8% bf from around 15%

I have been doing this for 6 weeks now I have noticed fat loss but it also seems that I am losing muscle and shrinking alot

Here is my diet

7:00am 1 cup oatmeal (with nonfat milk) 8 egg whites

9:30am 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese (maybe 1 tbs of preserve or splenda)

12:00pm 1 cup brown rice and 1 check breast or can tuna

2:30pm 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese (splenda)

5:00pm 1 cup brown rice and 1 check breast or can tuna

5:15pm gym

6:30pm Post Work Out Shake (40 g of protein mixed with water)

6:35pm cardio

8:00pm 2 cups nonfat cottage or depends how i feel, sometime nothing\

I usually drink coffee

I am doing the usualt 6 day split,

Back (light bi), Chest (light tri), Legs, Shoulders, Arms, Random (calves, traps abs) Cardio is usually an 30-60 mins split between walking on incline or bike.

I seem to be losing alot of muscle, maybe i am just being paranoid but if someone could please help with some suggestions I would be happy. I have also gotten really weak on chest aswell

Dylon
10-20-2005, 08:58 AM
morning bump

P01Shooter
10-20-2005, 09:19 AM
What do your bf% measurements say? This is key for you to know what is going on with your lbm in my opinion. It's funny but somedays I look great and other days I feel like I'm small. It's frustrating as hell but as long as the calipers show I'm losing fat and not lbm I can live with it.

nithos
10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Why doesn't anyone eat fruits and veggies anymore?

My first guess will be that you are flat from not consuming any carbs postworkout. Put some dextrose or ground oats in your post workout shake and move the carbs from meal 3 to your post workout meal (60-90 minutes following your workout).

goldstrikn
10-20-2005, 09:36 AM
I know the feeling man, don't be despaired. I definetaly agree with the above post, eat a lot of clean carbs after a workout and good amount as a PWO. Also what may help is drink a protein shake 20min. before the end of your workout. I felt the same way as you, but I changed my routine, first thing that I don't do as much is CARDIO, as a fact I only do it once a week, if I remember. My body fat at the moment is @ 11%, I don't worry at the moment of higher body fat, unless I start hitting 15% then CARDIO will be what the BB order ;) I would just eat like a pig but clean, no junk food and eat carbs, once you see good mass to your body then start slowly cutting calories and incorporate Low Intensity Cardio. I speak for myself, but I noticed whenever I do high intensity cardio or HITT I loose LBM. Lastly your CARDIO routine should not last more than 40min. Remember to loose fat is easier than gaining muscle. Good luck.

dropxxzone
10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I am currently dieting to get to around 8% bf from around 15%

I have been doing this for 6 weeks now I have noticed fat loss but it also seems that I am losing muscle and shrinking alot

Here is my diet

7:00am 1 cup oatmeal (with nonfat milk) 8 egg whites

9:30am 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese (maybe 1 tbs of preserve or splenda)

12:00pm 1 cup brown rice and 1 check breast or can tuna

2:30pm 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese (splenda)

5:00pm 1 cup brown rice and 1 check breast or can tuna

5:15pm gym

6:30pm Post Work Out Shake (40 g of protein mixed with water)

6:35pm cardio

8:00pm 2 cups nonfat cottage or depends how i feel, sometime nothing\

I usually drink coffee

I am doing the usualt 6 day split,

Back (light bi), Chest (light tri), Legs, Shoulders, Arms, Random (calves, traps abs) Cardio is usually an 30-60 mins split between walking on incline or bike.

I seem to be losing alot of muscle, maybe i am just being paranoid but if someone could please help with some suggestions I would be happy. I have also gotten really weak on chest aswell
So your diet is a little chicken, little brown rice, cottage cheese and a little oats. I would say get some diversity in there, maybe fish, lean beef, healthy fats, veggies. Problem solved. :)

MsDominatus
10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Why doesn't anyone eat fruits and veggies anymore?

My first guess will be that you are flat from not consuming any carbs postworkout. Put some dextrose or ground oats in your post workout shake and move the carbs from meal 3 to your post workout meal (60-90 minutes following your workout).

I do I do! I eat green peppers and cucumbers just about every day plus mixed varieties of salad.. oh and cauliflower. Bananas, strawberries and blueberries are my favorite fruits to eat and my fridge is always stocked with these as well. I"m with ya.. I don't see a lot of this in the diets that have been posted lately. I've just always assumed 'clean' meant as close to nature.. and well.. these ARE nature. Not that you care what I'm eating...

Abyss
10-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Eat more protein, thats the problem.

Dylon
10-20-2005, 10:25 AM
First off I eat veggies, I didn't add them in because they have no caloric value, but my vegetable repertoire consists of broccoli, red peppers, green peppers, tomatoes and a little guacamole.

I already consume 230 grams of protein. is that not enough

turbos10
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Main problem is you are not eating anything after you workout. You need to be getting a fat dose of carbs PWO and then the meal PPWO. Since you are working out late, you will have to kindof limit the PPWO carbs, but you gotta eat that last meal every single day whether you work out or not...whether you are hungry or not. It is particularly important when you are working out shortly before going to bed.