PDA

View Full Version : Recipes for Fat Loss

Rocksmtu
10-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I know there is a Recipe thread in the nutrition forum, but I think that we FAT LOSS junkies can come up with some good recipes that suit our needs.

Lunch Time Tuna Salad

One Can Tuna
3 medium stalks of Celery
1/8 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper
1 table spoon Low Fat Mayo

Mixit up and eat it with a fork.
Fat Carbs Protein
8.8 5.8 41.3

Rocksmtu
10-25-2005, 08:45 AM
It seems like there is not much interest in this thread but I'll give it another try.

If you have any good recipes share them. I know that I am getting bored of grilled chicken.

Here is a pretty good substitution for apple pie. Its really easy to make too!!

Apple Crisp

4 Apples (I like McIntosh)
4 Tbsp "Butter" Substitute (I use Smart Balance.)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
4 Tbsp Splenda
cup Oatmeal

Peel, core and slice the Apples and combine with the "butter", Cinnamon, and Splenda. Place apple mixture in baking dish and cover with the oatmeal. Cook at 350 F for 45 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
Fat 5.5 g
Carb 22.5g
Protein 1g

power press
10-25-2005, 11:39 AM
i don`t know the exact p/c/f/ ratio. but i like to eat

1c lf cottage cheese
1 can of tuna
mix it and eat it.

"goes together like lamb and tuna fish"

Emang8
10-25-2005, 05:41 PM
I have trouble eating cottage cheese. So I put 1 cup of it in a blender and some frozen fruit with some splenda and blend it up and tastes pretty good.

skelooth
10-25-2005, 05:55 PM
chicken and broccoli

oatmeal

chicken and walnuts

cottage cheese and walnuts

chicken and salad with olive oil

^^^^^^^^^ There you go, my entire diet complete with recipes for each

rdryden
10-25-2005, 06:13 PM
If you are getting sick of oatmeal, try mixing dry oatmeal with a bit of yogurt..
Or, put blueberries in cooked oatmeal. (mmmm)
Also, I tried cooked oatmeal with yogurt too. It is also pretty good

Also, Im in a huge hurry in the morning, so i usually microwave my eggs... it is fast, but they dont taste as good.
Try throwing some broccoli (and/or any other vegtable) into the eggs before you nuke them. After they are cooked try adding some salsa (note: dont put salsa on beforehand or the eggs wont cook properly)

Almonds + Raisins are good, and very portable. Fill a ziploc bag, throw it in your bag and you are good for a week. However, this may not be great for cutting... This is extremely calorie dense. A serving for me is a handful.. but you would be suprised how much that satisfies your hunger.

Chicken, rice, broccoli and peanuts mixed together is so good its retarded...

Also, I put hot sauce on EVERYTHING

monkeytwoguns
10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
intriguing

KishanS
10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
This is something I've been toying around with:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sautee Chicken with some olive oil and spices.
Get a whole grain roll ( a pain since most have HFCS or enriched flour-stay away from them) and put a small amount of marinara sauce on it-2 tspns, and 2 tblspns of fat free ricotta and mix that on top of a roll to make a cream sauce. After cooking the chicken, put it on the other side of the roll and melt skim mozzarella on the other part of the roll with the sauce. Now put this all in the toaster oven or oven and let the roll toast and cheese melt.

Takes about 20minutes to prepare.

skelooth
10-25-2005, 08:47 PM
This is something I've been toying around with:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sautee Chicken with some olive oil and spices.
Get a whole grain roll ( a pain since most have HFCS or enriched flour-stay away from them) and put a small amount of marinara sauce on it-2 tspns, and 2 tblspns of fat free ricotta and mix that on top of a roll to make a cream sauce. After cooking the chicken, put it on the other side of the roll and melt skim mozzarella on the other part of the roll with the sauce. Now put this all in the toaster oven or oven and let the roll toast and cheese melt.

Takes about 20minutes to prepare.

why not just put chicken breasts in a pan, then once their cooked put on some tomato sauce and skim mozzerella??? You're making something so simple SOOOO complicated! :)

Dawg Pound
10-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Don't know if its good for ya or not, but I take devein'd shrimp and fry them in a skillet with a little butter (enough to make it not stick) and lemon juice.

KishanS
10-26-2005, 06:56 AM
why not just put chicken breasts in a pan, then once their cooked put on some tomato sauce and skim mozzerella??? You're making something so simple SOOOO complicated! :)

It tastes so much better this way! The roll toasts nicely, the ricotta/sauce mixture cooks nicely, and the cheese melts. I guess this is why chicken parmigiana is cooked this way in every pizzeria, restauraunt, or whathaveyou;)

KishanS
10-26-2005, 07:00 AM
Don't know if its good for ya or not, but I take devein'd shrimp and fry them in a skillet with a little butter (enough to make it not stick) and lemon juice.

don't use butter! olive oil would be better for you.

gella
10-26-2005, 07:04 AM
i don`t know the exact p/c/f/ ratio. but i like to eat

1c lf cottage cheese
1 can of tuna
mix it and eat it.

"goes together like lamb and tuna fish"

I eat this too, but I add 2 hard boiled eggs to this mix.

nithos
10-26-2005, 07:33 AM
chicken and broccoli

oatmeal

chicken and walnuts

cottage cheese and walnuts

chicken and salad with olive oil

^^^^^^^^^ There you go, my entire diet complete with recipes for each
I add some homemade vinegrettes for marinades and such, but that's about my meal breakdown as well. Sad.

Last night dinner was a grilled chicken breast with ~1 bag of frozen broccoli. I did have a small scoop of mashed potatoes though. But I am not cutting at the moment, so I can get away with 90% clean, yippie.