PDA

View Full Version : Lazy man cabbage rolls

givenr
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Ok, not really cabbage ROLLS... more like chopped up cabbage with beef.

Different ways of making it*, here's mine:

- 200g cooked ground beef, rinsed and drained
- 150g cooked cabbage
- 1/4 cup all purpose tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- spices

Mix it all together, eat.

Macros: 600cal, 61g protein, 8g carbs (fiber removed), 35g fat

I'm doing the Anabolic Diet, so this meal fits nicely for me... although at the higher end of the carb meals (30g day max).

*You could always use regular ground beef as is (without draining) instead of adding olive oil, I prefer the taste the way I have it above.

Going to try butter with it, instead of olive oil, next meal.

deadfingers
12-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I used to eat something similar when I was a kid. We had cabbage leaves that where rolled up with beef inside. I'm not a big fan of cabbage, but it was pretty decent food.

tweety09
12-13-2007, 05:12 AM
I used to eat something similar when I was a kid. We had cabbage leaves that where rolled up with beef inside. I'm not a big fan of cabbage, but it was pretty decent food.

This is actually a traditional romanian dish.. it`s called sarmale.. here are some pics.. tell me if this is what you mean : http://images.google.ro/images?hl=ro&q=sarmale&btnG=C%C4%83utare+Imagini&gbv=2

I did something similar.. but i used lamb..

Tootella
12-13-2007, 06:37 AM
wow!!! that picture actually looks really really good!

givenr
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
That picture looks close to what I just ate... except no rice (I THINK I see rice in there).

Just tried the recipe with 1 TBSP olive oil (instead of 2) + 2 TSP butter - much tastier IMO.

tweety09
12-14-2007, 05:10 AM
That picture looks close to what I just ate... except no rice (I THINK I see rice in there).

Just tried the recipe with 1 TBSP olive oil (instead of 2) + 2 TSP butter - much tastier IMO.

no.. there was no rice :)) it`s just cabbage and meat.. :P

deadfingers
12-14-2007, 05:12 AM
This is actually a traditional romanian dish.. it`s called sarmale.. here are some pics.. tell me if this is what you mean : http://images.google.ro/images?hl=ro&q=sarmale&btnG=C%C4%83utare+Imagini&gbv=2

I did something similar.. but i used lamb..

It looks somewhat similar, but it was improvised. Pretty sure my mom just did it out of the blue.

SearMeCarefully
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I love this dish as well. I make it into a soup. It's really good with cut up bacon as well. my families cabbage rolls has a slice of bacon wrapped around each roll - it really gives it that tasty flavor.