PDA

View Full Version : How Much BF% is Normal When Bulking Cuz...

sweetmisery
10-17-2005, 10:19 AM
I read we really cant get rid of a bit of fats(belly and such, albeit a small one) when bulking. So how much is expected and healthy?

THANKS!

Screamin
10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
A good, clean bulk can be limited to 2-3% BF gain :D It's tougher, but worth it (I like my abs, thankuverymuch).

image101
10-17-2005, 12:36 PM
I've probably gained about 1.5-2% BF increase since I started bulking about 8 weeks ago. I think i'm probably gaining more than most people, but that's just because I don't really care all that much when i'm on a bulk, and love to enjoy life/food. Being Italian is probably a part of that. Granted, I have a very specific diet (3035 calories to be exact), but it's not rare for me to go long stretches eating over that every day.
I still don't eat fast food or go crazy with junk, and i've gained a TON of muscle so far. It really all depends on the person: I think over a several month bulk, you can keep your fat gain to 1% BF or less with little trouble, and if you're REALLY careful and supplement carefully, you can probably get it even lower than that. I personally don't mind cutting though, and I lose fat with no trouble whatsoever.
The problems arise when people are so paranoid about gaining fat on a bulk, that they end up restricting calories too much (or do too much cardio), and don't gain nearly enough muscle as they should. Fat gain is NORMAL on a bulk! I'm sorry if i'm rambling, but I think the bottom line is don't go crazy with the food, but don't be afraid of the fat. As long as you're eating clean, the fat gains will be limited no matter how much you eat (within reason).