PDA

View Full Version : When does the metalbolism start in the morning?

Bodypump
12-23-2001, 08:51 PM
Was just wondering when the metabolism begins to work after a nights fast. 5 am? 6 am? 7 am? 8 am?

Hope you can help!

Bodypump

drew
12-24-2001, 12:13 PM
Your metabolism will raise when you wake up....only because you will be moving and will be burning more calories. Doesn't matter the time. Im sure you can "train" your body if you get up everyday at the same time. From what I have seen, you cant manipulate it that much other than diet/exercise. But even then, you are genetically limited on how fast or slow you can get it to be. Hope that answered your question.

AlexPSU
12-27-2001, 11:02 AM
To kickstart your metabolism make sure you eat something for breakfast. Even if it's Burger King (I'm not recommending this) it'll be better than nothing. Breakfast Is a vital meal as your body will start to burn the stored energy fastest.

My breakfast usually consists of: Bowl of Special K or Rasin Bran, Protein Shake, Wheat Toast with Peanut Butter, and a glass of OJ with Glutamine. If I have the time I'll have 3 eggs instead of the shake but that's rare.

GoodForHisAge
12-29-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally, it depends on person...
But, when you sleep, your metabolism slows down...
When you wake up, and do some exercises, your metabolism becomes faster...

Some people have very fast metabolism, they just burn off calories by sitting down on a chair..

Alex: do you read science books or magazines?
You are very, very wrong about energy...
Organisms can neither create nor destroy energy but can only transform it from one form to another.

str8flexed
12-30-2001, 12:28 AM
Uh your metabolism is working all the time, or you would die.
Peace

AlexPSU
12-30-2001, 08:52 AM
GoodForHisAge... i'm pretty sure I typed what I meant to say wrong. I've taken 2 nutrition classes, so I'd like to think that I'm fairly knowledgeable.

What I was trying to say is that your metabolism slows down while you sleep. Eating something when you wake up will speed up the metabolism, as your body will no longer be in slow burn mode from resting. This theory is also the reason why many bodybuilders will eat 6 or 7 meals a day, because the more often you eat - the less reason the body has to slow the metabolism down to preserve the food you've eaten throughout the day.

GoodForHisAge
12-30-2001, 10:50 AM
Maybe I didn't get you right, whatever...

Salford Reds
07-03-2004, 01:50 PM
"When does the metalbolism start in the morning?"

Around quarter to seven.

bkman4
07-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Eight.

user34566548717114
07-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by str8flexed
Uh your metabolism is working all the time, or you would die.
Peace

owned :p

actually sleeping burns more calories then sitting around and watching tv ;)

Ragadozo
07-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by dvv
owned :p

actually sleeping burns more calories then sitting around and watching tv ;)

If that's true, I just learned something today.