PDA

View Full Version : Chec

tweety09
12-11-2007, 12:34 PM
This is a traditional romanian recipe that we usually make this time of the year.. I played with it a little to make it.. keto-ish.. :P
You need:
4 eggs, 120gr flax meal, 2 tbspoon oil, 100gr parmesan (shredded cheddar cheese), finely chopped carrots(or any other veggie),butter, salt, pepper, baking powder.

First mix in a bowl the eggs and oil. Then add the parmesan and the baking powder, mix some more, after that add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
Cover a tray with butter then sprinkle some flax meal over it and pour in the mix.
Leave in the oven for 30-45 min at medium heat.

You can play a lot with this recipe..replace the carrots with anything you want.

deadfingers
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
This looks like a carrot cake, is it? By that I mean is it like sweet carrot cake?

tweety09
12-12-2007, 06:35 AM
This looks like a carrot cake, is it? By that I mean is it like sweet carrot cake?

it`s not a carrot cake.. i just put carrots in because they were the only kind of veggies i had in my house at that time.. i`ll make the normal recipe.. It is actually sweet.. veeeery good.. i think i`m gonna make it this weekend..
this is the normal recipe : http://www.reteteculinare.ro/carte_de_bucate/dulciuri/chec_marmorat-844/

deadfingers
12-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Well I can't read that site, sorry not fluent in that language. I don't get how this could be "sweet" when it has no sugar or sweetner of any kind? Is it like a bread, or more like a cake?

tweety09
12-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Well I can't read that site, sorry not fluent in that language. I don't get how this could be "sweet" when it has no sugar or sweetner of any kind? Is it like a bread, or more like a cake?

if you will use sweetener.. it will be sweet.. i don`t use sweetener cuz i care about my health..