PDA

View Full Version : Eating poorly and dropping fat-What gives?

vja2000
10-13-2005, 06:38 AM
I hate to keep harping on the October FLEX magazine supplement article, but I have been following it and folks, it's freakin working! Check this;

Sunday I had a house full of guests. I grilled 6 pounds of ground beef and 10 Beer Bratts. I heated up 3 huge cans of baked beans and pulled out a big container (tub) of store-bought potato salad. Of course, there was plenty of food left over.

Sunday, I ate 2 burgers and 1 bratt along with beans and potato salad. Monday I ate 2 bratts and 1 burger for lunch with beans, then 2 burgers and 1 bratt for dinner with beans. Tuesday I ate 1 burger and 1 bratt for lunch with beans, and 2 burgers for dinner with no beans. Wednesday I ate 2 PB and J's for lunch with a banana, and 2 huge plain roast beef sandwiches from Arby's for dinner.

Right after each meal I downed 1,000mg of fish body oil and about an hour after each meal I downed 500mg of Acetyl L Carnitine. Since Sunday morning my bodyweight has risen 1 full pound and my body fat has dropped from an average 10.5 percent (which its been for a while) to 9.7 percent the last 2 mornings and all my muscle feel fuller.

I don't know what's going on; all I'm doing here is sharing the numbers with all of you. Anyone care to guess what the deal is? This ain't exactly a great diet, but I hate to waste food - know what I mean? The burgers and beef sandwiches were probably pretty lean, but I have absolutely no freakin idea whatsoever what was in those bratts or the potato salad - none! Whaday'all think?

Vince

pu12en12g
10-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Eating poorly and dropping fat-What gives?

ground beef
Beer Bratts
baked beans
potato salad
PB and J
banana
roast beef sandwiches......

Whaday'all think?

For starters... that isn't "eating poorly"... that is eating like a king.

zodawg0079
10-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Fats are supposed to aid in the digestion of proteins and it seems that you ate only a little bit of carbohydrate. I also read an articel in Flex that says periods of macronutrient shifting (high carb and low fat - low carb high fat) are supposed to aid in leaning the body out. I am not an expert but that may be one explanation.