PDA

View Full Version : BMR Calculation help.

DogPyro
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Over the summer i used an InBody 3.0 machine which told me I had a bmr of 2200 and body fat percent of 20.3%. I am 5'10' ~180.5 pounds. My question is I've been looking at other bmr calculators and they often give me much higher values for bmr. Which one should I trust?

Also bmr is maintanence levels right? So -500 from that should be cutting levels?

I also do moderate levels of excercise per week. 3x lifting full body. 3x running 13 minute jog at 5.4mph then 17minute fast walking. after weight lifting.

RipStone
10-12-2005, 06:33 PM
this is from a thread i made a while back...

How to find out how many calories to eat...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been a ton of threads latley asking how many calories I need to eat in order to gain/loose weight. I just want to say that there are formulas that factor in your height, weight, and activity levels in order to calculate your caloric needs. However, these formulas dont take into consideration how YOU react to foods. For example, some people are more carb sensitive to others, some have slow metabolism, some can eat everything they look at and not gain an ounce. The point being, o formula can give you the exact number of calories you need in order to accomlish your respective goals. The only way to do actually find out how many calories you need is keep track of everything you eat for a a few weeks and also keep track of your weight and body fat % and see how your weekly caloric intake affects your weekly weight changes. You can monitor your food intake by going to a site like fitday.com or you can just read food labels are use good old pen and paper to keep track. I know this involves some time and effort, but it will be worth it.