PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Pain!!!!!!!!!!!

Delta Mike
09-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Hey guys,

Quick Question for some of ya....

Lately I've been experiencing wrist pains during dumbell curls as well as barbell curls. It is only in the left wrist that the pain occurs. It is really starting to frustrate me because I ususually use 50lb dumbells and my right wrist is fine, but the left isn't. I think I may have injured my wrist by doing Horizontal wrist curls with too heavy of a dumbell. Stupid me!!! anyway, any of you ever experienced wrist pain and if so...for how long did it last.

Thanks

mushee
09-21-2002, 10:06 PM
lower the weight on db curls and on barbell curls use the EZ bar, it takes the stress off the wrists....
good luck!!

IamaSexyBeast
09-21-2002, 10:27 PM
I had the same pains doing barbell curls for forearms, I switched to a huge barbell and I was fine

fawadk
01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Ive been getting the same type of pain in my wrist,
i dont know why
I need to know whats happening,
it only happens when i weightlift doing bicep curls, with dumbells.
or doing bench press.
Its all in the left wrist areas.

lifter07
01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I've had wrist pain for a few months now from a program that required me to used alot of weight. I was resting it for a while, then started doing other core workouts so at least I was doing something. I started again with basic split-body workouts and the pain wasn't so bad until I started adding more weight to the exercises. I am aware of the soreness when i'm not lifting have been trying to rest it to the best of my ability. What have you guys done to deal with this pain and still get a decent workout in? Not sure if its the pain in a nerve or tendon.

snoblind
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
i get the same problems wrist pain in my right side when doing curls and bench pressing... ive picked up some joint and flex pills i just started taking them so im not sure if its going to help... but lets hope we can all figure this problem out im tired of these set backs in the gym.

Slow-N-Steady
01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I deal with wrist pain in my left wrist every now and then. It usually occurs after EZ bar curls or dips. I ice it on off days, but really the best thing is rest. When I take a week off from lifting, my wrist is fresh again when I get back in the gym. Unfortunately, I can't take a week off too often, so I just deal with it.

Inzer wrist wraps also help, but I try not to use them too often.

lifter07
01-25-2010, 06:34 PM
i get the same problems wrist pain in my right side when doing curls and bench pressing... ive picked up some joint and flex pills i just started taking them so im not sure if its going to help... but lets hope we can all figure this problem out im tired of these set backs in the gym.

I bought glucosamine pills a few weeks ago because I was getting tennis elbow and I still had the pain in my wrist. They immediately helped my Tennis elbow but did not help my wrist as much unfortunately. I just try and stretch out my wrist to get more flexibility but I agree, this pain has been a HUGE set back in in the gym.

braindx
01-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Fish oil for anti-inflams, glucosamine et al can also work.

Stretch flxors.

Strengthen extensors

Work on mobility.

MOst wrist pain is due to muscle imbalance and/or overuse just like the shoulder. Bring up the strength of the extensors, and stretch out the tight wrist and you should improve.

jjmarshall117
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Ive been getting the same type of pain in my wrist,
i dont know why
I need to know whats happening,
it only happens when i weightlift doing bicep curls, with dumbells.
or doing bench press.
Its all in the left wrist areas.

I had the same thing develop recently, it started as a slight pain and I decided to just push through it, that was a big mistake because it hurts to curl 15lbs, gonna have to take some time off, don't let it develop further

Fit_4Life
04-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Fish oil for anti-inflams, glucosamine et al can also work.

Stretch flxors.

Strengthen extensors

Work on mobility.

MOst wrist pain is due to muscle imbalance and/or overuse just like the shoulder. Bring up the strength of the extensors, and stretch out the tight wrist and you should improve.

COmpletely agree with you
you dont want to keep aggravating your wrist - body is telling you something.. the end result could be arthritis..
ide advise you to switch to hammer curls for the time being until it gets better.. do lots of close grip chin ups as it targets the biceps aswell!

Eric225
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Start wearing wrist wraps when you go heavy. You can buy some decent ones for under $10 at Dick's.