PDA

View Full Version : My diet

-Nostalgia-
10-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah so i have been trying to lose the fat on my chest and stomach(seen a little results so far). But i have completely changed my diet in the last two weeks...and i workout three times a week now(mon/wed/fri split), and do HIIT on tuesday thursday and saturday(running). Here's a typical Meal for me -

7:00 am -

1 Bowl of oats+pb(pb okay for pre-workout?)
2 pieces of wheat toast.
Piece of fruit(apple or bannana)
1 glass of non-fat milk.

8:00 am - Workout.

9:00 am -

1 shake(2 scoops whey, ice, pb or fruit, non-fat milk)

11:30 or 12:30pm(depending on day) -

2 slices of turkey breast w/ 1 piece of cheese and two pieces of whole wheat bread.
Fruit(usually an orange)

3:00 pm -

2 slices of whole wheat bread/ 1 spoon of pb.
1 glass of milk.
1 non-fat yogurt.

6:00 pm -

Whatever my mom decides to make, although she's a health nut so it's usually chicken or veggies or both or something.

8:30 pm -

1 non-fat yogurt
Left overs from dinner...problem with this time is that sometimes i'm still hungry at night and can't go to sleep but i'm working that out. Anyways.
I drink water and green tea throughout the whole day, and i'm also taking fish oil pills. So yeah what do you guys think?

vanbiberjr
10-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah so i have been trying to lose the fat on my chest and stomach(seen a little results so far). But i have completely changed my diet in the last two weeks...and i workout three times a week now(mon/wed/fri split), and do HIIT on tuesday thursday and saturday(running). Here's a typical Meal for me -

7:00 am -

1 Bowl of oats+pb(pb okay for pre-workout?)
2 pieces of wheat toast.
Piece of fruit(apple or bannana)
1 glass of non-fat milk.

8:00 am - Workout.

9:00 am -

1 shake(2 scoops whey, ice, pb or fruit, non-fat milk)

11:30 or 12:30pm(depending on day) -

2 slices of turkey breast w/ 1 piece of cheese and two pieces of whole wheat bread.
Fruit(usually an orange)

3:00 pm -

2 slices of whole wheat bread/ 1 spoon of pb.
1 glass of milk.
1 non-fat yogurt.

6:00 pm -

Whatever my mom decides to make, although she's a health nut so it's usually chicken or veggies or both or something.

8:30 pm -

1 non-fat yogurt
Left overs from dinner...problem with this time is that sometimes i'm still hungry at night and can't go to sleep but i'm working that out. Anyways.
I drink water and green tea throughout the whole day, and i'm also taking fish oil pills. So yeah what do you guys think?
if you're trying to lose weight, i would suggest cutting out the yogurt at night and replacing it with something like a low-carb protein shake or a couple of spoons of peanut butter. the sugar and carbs in the yogurt may be what's making you hungry at night. your body processes them and then the spike in insulin increases not only your appetite, but also the likelyhood of storing bodyfat. try to get most, if not all of your carbs before you work out. you can have some right after you exercise to replenish what was lost, but after the afternoon/evening (about 6:00) try to curb the carbs out. breakfast is the best time to get the bulk of your carbs for the day, because it'll kinda kick-start your metabolism, and it'll give you fuel for the day. personally, i try to stick to the keto-style diet (high protein, high fat, LOW carb).
fats may have more calories per gram than carbs do, but the are also more satisfying. meaning, after you eat them, you stay fuller longer. if you were to eat a snickers bar vs. some chicken and cheese, which would keep you fuller longer?
OH! also stick some protein in the breakfast, dude! some eggs or egg whites, lean bacon, turkey sausage, lean low-sodium ham, or whatever.
just keep learning and you'll be good though.
other than that, sounds like you've got a pretty solid plan.
it'll take time, but you'll get there, bro.