View Full Version : Chocolate Bark

deadfingers
12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 Cup) Virgin Coconut Oil

1-1.5 T. Cocoa Powder

2 oz. nuts (optional)

1/4 t. sweetner of choice

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture. (optional)

Have chilled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for ten minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop it in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let it sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.

CanuckTank
12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Whats the diff between T and t?

tweety09
12-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Whats the diff between T and t?

T - tablespoon
t - teaspoon..

I think i might gonna try this.. doesn`t seem to complicated..

deadfingers
12-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Well I just tried this, took like 5 mins to make. Tastes pretty good, but maybe needs bit more sweetner, either that or my sweetner didn't mix that great. Might use a blender next time.

tweety09
12-16-2007, 03:43 AM
i tried this too.. but changed it.. almost everything.. i used melted butter and protein powder.. and sesame.. it wasn`t liquid.. it was more like a paste..

deadfingers
12-16-2007, 03:49 AM
i tried this too.. but changed it.. almost everything.. i used melted butter and protein powder.. and sesame.. it wasn`t liquid.. it was more like a paste..

That doesn't look anything at all how it should. That looks like oatmeal with cinnamon on top. I made mine and it looked like chocolate, I made 4 times as much, so I multiplied everything by 4. I used Xylitol but most of it seemed to not blend in very well so one side was completely sour, and the other side was incredibly sweet. It made me gag from all the sweetness, I think if it was spread out over the entire thing it would be pretty good. It'll definitely calm your chocolate craving and it's made with coconut oil so it's a plus.

stewaat
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
When I tried it some was sweet, some was bitter. The splenda rose in mine or something crazy like that. Mine looked how it should I just think I needed more splenda or make it thinner.

The cocoa took over the batch is what I'm trying to say.

deadfingers
12-17-2007, 01:11 PM
When I tried it some was sweet, some was bitter. The splenda rose in mine or something crazy like that. Mine looked how it should I just think I needed more splenda or make it thinner.

Yeah same with mine, I don't know why but the sweetener didn't mix in that well. I'm using a blender next time, but I think I lost my taste for that stuff after trying a piece that had way too much sweetener.

stewaat
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah same with mine, I don't know why but the sweetener didn't mix in that well. I'm using a blender next time, but I think I lost my taste for that stuff after trying a piece that had way too much sweetener.

Yea you have to get it just right. One bite was sweet and the next was really bitter...like chemicals.

claycat
12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
You should be able to re-melt it and add more plain cocoa until it is not too sweet, blend well and taste.

Sky22
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
This is the easiest form of candy to make!

I did:

1 tbl of pb (mine has a little sugar in it)
1/4 cup coconut oil BUT minus 1T from it (To make up for the pb i added)
1 1/2 packet of sugar alternative
2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Sprinkled unsweetened coconut flakes on top

SOOOOO good! Like having a keto candy bar in the fidge.