PDA

View Full Version : Rajun Canjun on the bcs.

GatorsIn09
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
did anyone see him on First Take? Hes not just blasting the bcs hes calling it corrupt and blasting the people behind it.

i love what hes saying. also said that nobody cares about usc vs illinois. the only reason theyre there is because the big 10 needs some money as nobody "wants their stinkin teams" besides the champion ohio state. just called the rose bowl completely amusing.

hopefully the interview will be up later and i can show it.

GApump
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
James Carville? (sp?)

SGMD1
12-05-2007, 10:11 AM
the only reason theyre there is because the big 10 needs some money as nobody "wants their stinkin teams" besides the champion ohio state.

Did Carville say this? Or are you saying this? Because the Big Ten definitely doesn't NEED money. But I do agree that the BCS is a **** show and they need a playoff like I-AA

GatorsIn09
12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
he said it when he was all fired up.

i dont think he meant it as in theyre folding up show if they dont get it. but they get 4 million dollars guaranteed each year if the rose bowl automatically takes a big10 team over a more deserving team because of tradition. while using a system that was designed to make it fair for all not to be biased based on tradition...........there are 10 teams that deserve a bcs game more than illinois

GatorsIn09
12-05-2007, 10:26 AM
James Carville? (sp?)

yeah i couldnt spell it either so i went with rajun cajun.

hounds
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
did anyone see him on First Take? Hes not just blasting the bcs hes calling it corrupt and blasting the people behind it.

cant really argue with that....

Worst case scenario for the BCS:

1. USC destroys Illinois
2. OU beats WestVA by 40
3. Georgia shows Hawaii doesnt belong
4. LSU and OSU play a very ugly/sloppy game with LSU winning by 3-7 points
5. Finish with five 2 loss teams, four of which have a legitimate claim at the national title.....2003-2004 all over again, split title anyone?

GoldBlue
12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
cant really argue with that....

Worst case scenario for the BCS:

1. USC destroys Illinois
2. OU beats WestVA by 40
3. Georgia shows Hawaii doesnt belong
4. LSU and OSU play a very ugly/sloppy game with LSU winning by 3-7 points
5. Finish with five 2 loss teams, four of which have a legitimate claim at the national title.....2003-2004 all over again, split title anyone?

I SOOOOO want this to happen.

hounds
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I SOOOOO want this to happen.

As an OSU fan i obviously want the buckeyes to win the title, but if they were to lose this would be a dream scenario. The backlash would be incredible...you could even throw VAtech into the mix if they blast kansas.

i dont think the BCS could survive if something like that happened

GoldBlue
12-05-2007, 11:18 AM
As an OSU fan i obviously want the buckeyes to win the title, but if they were to lose this would be a dream scenario. The backlash would be incredible...you could even throw VAtech into the mix if they blast kansas.

Sad thing is it would go on because of greedy bowls.

GApump
12-05-2007, 11:19 AM

I like where your heads at on this, every year I hope for absolute mayhem to come out of the BCS, this year has the potential to be a total trainwreck. The only thing is, while most of the ppl I speak to hate the matchups, all the clowns on ESPN don't speak out against it a damn bit, that pisses me off. I guess they dont' want to shake the boat.

newgene
12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I like where your heads at on this, every year I hope for absolute mayhem to come out of the BCS, this year has the potential to be a total trainwreck. The only thing is, while most of the ppl I speak to hate the matchups, all the clowns on ESPN don't speak out against it a damn bit, that pisses me off. I guess they dont' want to shake the boat.

I think the bigger decision will be to add the extra playoff. If they can't add them, or if they chose not to, the BCS is the best thing otherwise. I agree, and I'm for at least a 4 or 8 game playoff, but if there isn't one, the BCS makes sense.

I just don't ever want to go back to 3 people yelling they all have NCs. Then again, I think USC stills claims an NC from 2003, so the BCS definitely doesn't solve it all. But somehow, I would think you could have a 16 game playoff and still have somebody saying they are additional champs.

hounds
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I just don't ever want to go back to 3 people yelling they all have NCs. Then again, I think USC stills claims an NC from 2003, so the BCS definitely doesn't solve it all.

USC doesnt just claim a NC, they officially have a split title with LSU. I thought the most insulting thing was when they added the "Plus-1" a week after the 4 BCS games, leading everyone to think it would lead to a four team playoff with the real title game taking place jan 7/8.....only to find out it was an excuse to add another unimportant BCS game so teams like Kansas/Hawaii/Illinois could rake in the $$$$. Its pathetic.