PDA

View Full Version : How to make the Ultimate Burger?

animal2b
09-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I want a burger straight out of the Wendy's/Burger King kitchen, but whenever I make one, it never EVER tastes as good. I'm sure this is because I use the leanest ground beef available...and Wendy's...does not.

Still though, are there any recipes for super delicious burgers that you may have? Lets hear 'em.

forklift
09-30-2005, 06:54 PM
you're missing the taste of all the dirt from their grills.

i would mix up some kind of sauce in the meat before cooking, like A1 or ketchup.

liquidvet
09-30-2005, 06:58 PM
you're missing the taste of all the dirt from their grills.

i would mix up some kind of sauce in the meat before cooking, like A1 or ketchup.

not to mention the fat content from that very unlean meat :)

TinyMan
09-30-2005, 07:05 PM
When working with the raw meat, try adding onions (chopped, obviously), worchester sauce, and bread crumbs if you feel like cheating a bit. The crumbs give it a great texture, without being very detrimental to a diet overall, given that it does not take a large amount to make a difference.

Tinyman

NightTrain
09-30-2005, 09:33 PM
the best leanest greatest burgers you can make are from turkey/chicken chop meat from the butcher,superlean,alot of protein and oh so good.
go to the butcher and ask him for chicken chop or turkeychop or half and half and mix them and make little burger patties and cook them on a forman grill,pan with fatfree spray or on your bbq.

beerman_420
09-30-2005, 10:10 PM
whatever burger your cooking put some bbq sauce on it while its cooking...it`ll be the best tasting burger you`ve ever had

Never2cut
10-01-2005, 04:37 PM
You could also try mixing in 1/4 cup oats and 1 whole egg into about 10 oz ground beef and some worcestershire sauce and some pepper or tobasco. That is the burger recipe I always use. Friends always give me **** about the oats until they try the burger and are amazingly surprised at the flavor and juiciness the above combination provides. Also, be sure not to overcook your burgers or they will get all dry and hard. I don't ever use any grnd beef w/ more than 7% fat.

melon
10-01-2005, 04:40 PM
When working with the raw meat, try adding onions (chopped, obviously), worchester sauce, and bread crumbs if you feel like cheating a bit. The crumbs give it a great texture, without being very detrimental to a diet overall, given that it does not take a large amount to make a difference.

Tinyman
It's all about the onions, listen to this guy :)