PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter and banana sandwich everyday?

CeeGee
09-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Natural PB with an organic banana on 7 wheat bread. I'm bulking so I figure it's got what i need in it... healthy fats, carbs, and protein

saw14
09-27-2005, 03:25 PM
if it fits your macros then more power to you.

~Q~
09-27-2005, 03:29 PM
I eat all three. But not together.

Kraken
09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
The crappy thing is, if you are trying to do a "lean bulk" which is very clean and eating the right macros, fats and carbs together are usually a no no. If you are a hard gainer and need weight desperately, I think Peanut butter and banana or peanut butter and honey are the way to go .

JTrain306
09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
The crappy thing is, if you are trying to do a "lean bulk" which is very clean and eating the right macros, fats and carbs together are usually a no no. If you are a hard gainer and need weight desperately, I think Peanut butter and banana or peanut butter and honey are the way to go .

"No fat+carbs" is a very misleading blanket statement. I urge you to read the posts by Alan Aragon in this thread
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=263317&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

Jules Verne
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Natural PB with an organic banana on 7 wheat bread. I'm bulking so I figure it's got what i need in it... healthy fats, carbs, and protein

Not much protein, and I think even Alan would suggest 20-40g protein with every meal. Substitude the bread for cottage cheese or lean meat and you're good to go!

David77
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM

Hell yeah. PB + banana sandwiches are one my fav foods. Add some protein to it and it would be a good meal.