PDA

View Full Version : Abit lost on Carb Loading

LiL_JaY
09-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Iv been reading articles about cutting and im abit lost about this 'carb loading' stuff. does anyone have a page that can explain it?. Im also lost about what days i should load and shouldent load. Is it neccesery while cutting?

Im not getting read for a competition or anything, just for summer.

Much help appreshiated, thanks.

Max Protein
09-26-2005, 08:10 AM
It's not neccessary unless you're on a carb cycle diet.

Phosphate bond
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
'carb loading'

I don't see the point of this unless you are into insulin receptor downregulation at skeletal muscle. Amino acids need those insulin receptors to get in too.

A better way to get your glycogen storage is to rely on the "contraction stimulated" Glucose transporters. In other words training induced glucose uptake rather than insulin induced uptake for the majority of it.

LiL_JaY
09-27-2005, 02:21 AM
so would a normal diet 35C/45P/20F 7 days a week, just eatting below mantainence be ok?

Phosphate bond
09-27-2005, 04:14 AM
so would a normal diet 35C/45P/20F 7 days a week, just eatting below mantainence be ok?

Whatever macronutrient profile you perform and feel best one is probably the one you should use. I mean training is probably just as important for partitioning as diet.

Speaking of protein and partioning I just wrote a little something about it here------------->http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=7152259&postcount=15

Max Protein
09-27-2005, 04:35 AM
Whatever macronutrient profile you perform and feel best one is probably the one you should use. I mean training is probably just as important for partitioning as diet.

Speaking of protein and partioning I just wrote a little something about it here------------->http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=7152259&postcount=15

That's a top post and exactly my feelings on partitioning. This is what people on low-carb/high-fat or high-carb/low-fat diets don't seem to realise, the body needs energy, and can adapt to whatever fuel it gets within reason. I still believe that for high-intensity though, glucose is best. For lower-intensity such as endurance work, fat may be best.
But if you consume too much protein and not enough energy from other sources, the body can dip into excess amino acids and convert them into energy.

LiL_JaY
09-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Yes, i understand that you need carbohydrates for ATP and synthesis of proteins and etc.

Im just trying to workout how much carbs/protein i need since i will working out 2 times a day (morning cardio, and workout in the afternoon). Im thinking something like 35C/45P/20F on rest days, and 40C/40P/20F on workout days.

Doing HITT cardio 3 - 4 times a week.

Phosphate bond
09-27-2005, 04:58 AM
I still believe that for high-intensity though, glucose is best.

Yeah, Most people train better with weights not on keto .

Max Protein
09-27-2005, 05:10 AM
Yes, i understand that you need carbohydrates for ATP and synthesis of proteins and etc.

Im just trying to workout how much carbs/protein i need since i will working out 2 times a day (morning cardio, and workout in the afternoon). Im thinking something like 35C/45P/20F on rest days, and 40C/40P/20F on workout days.

Doing HITT cardio 3 - 4 times a week.

I'd say 50/35/15 carb/protein/fat if you're doing this much high intensity work. As long as you maintain the caloric deficit, you will lose weight.