PDA

View Full Version : Eggs and Tuna

deadfingers
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Well I didn't see anything like this, so I figured I'd put this up. This is a favorite of mine ever since I was a little kid, I realized this was a perfect Keto food so I'm going to share it with you all.

Items Needed

Eggs (6-12)
2-3 Cans of tuna
Mayonaisse

Directions:

Basically this one is really simple, boil the eggs, peel them and split them in half. Take out the yolk and put it off to the side. Do this for all of them, then fill each egg with Tuna. Depending on how many eggs you made and how much tuna you like in each one you'll need roughly 2 or 3 cans of tuna total. Once you've filled every egg, smother them with the mayo. I don't have a specific amount, but I'd say maybe a teaspoon per egg is a good amount. Once all the eggs are smothered in mayo, crush the yolks and sprinkle over the eggs. Cover all the eggs evenly with the crushed egg yolks. Now you can either eat these somewhat warm (from when the eggs where boiled) or you can eat them cold. I prefer them cold, but to each their own. I don't have specific macros, but this one should be easy to calculate regardless. There is very minimal carbs in this, and it's high in protein and possibly even in fat. I love this, you can make a ton of these things so fast and it's a great snack. Not to mention you've got your health foods in there as well. Enjoy. :)

BoundbyHate
12-02-2007, 05:17 PM
TALK ABOUT A GREAT SNACK! I am actually going to make these when I get back from the store.

I wonder if I had a little hot sauce what they would taste like...lol I will be doing some experimenting.

12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I usually just mash up the tuna, eggs and mayo together and eat that. Truth be told, it was a favorite as a kid, and forgot about it until I read this. Thanks for the reminder :)

Ironager
12-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Sprinkle the egg yolk, great stuff :D

rowleyslide16
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
haha i ate this even when not doin keto, except i took out the yolks and used one teaspoon of olive oil mayo, little fat per tablespoon

deadfingers
06-11-2009, 04:04 AM
haha i ate this even when not doin keto, except i took out the yolks and used one teaspoon of olive oil mayo, little fat per tablespoon

Yeah I just saw that, I haven't been in the states in 3 years so seeing this new mayo made me think "wow". Can't wait to go back now. Haha.

fallingreason
06-11-2009, 08:59 AM
This is also one of the cheapest recipes. *thumbs up*

rowleyslide16
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
im using salmon instead of tuna, then adding a couple boiled eggs and mayo
tasty tasty

DelijaZauvjek
07-21-2009, 02:31 AM
How about adding some radish relish or onions..

YUM!

Thanks for sharing man this is something i'm definitely going to try tomororow.
Put some bacon bits in there too maybe.. MMM

**** i'm hungry