PDA

View Full Version : getting a pizza tonite, how to minimize damage

DTRG
09-25-2005, 10:23 AM
hey guys im almost being forced to get a pizza tonite haha. anyway, its my refeed day and i wanna minimize the fat from it. heres what i was thinking:

smal pizza
no cheese, or maybe light cheese
brocoli,chicken,spicy chicken,onion,pepper and maybe spinach

sounds good, what do you think?

Johan.Liebert
09-25-2005, 10:42 AM
instead of pizza switch it too oats... yea? lol go ahead and get the pizza its not gonna hurt you, it just depends if your gonna go over board with it.

dsoul27
09-25-2005, 10:55 AM
make it a thin curst pizza... that will take away alot of carbs/caliores and won't take away from the taste.

Linaz_AU
09-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Turn it into a positive
you can cheat - thats great, pity you are doing it at night time... try and stay up extra last if you can do so without messing up you sleeping cycle...

think of the pizza as a kickstart to your energy levels
you have cheated and been a bit naughty thats fine, NOW TOMMORROW go out and do more exercise then what you normally would have.

* you seem pretty keen, goodluck on reaching ur goals

buttaflap
09-25-2005, 11:22 AM
i cheat/refeed bi-monthly(try to have 1 refeed, 1 cheat)

go all out man.

DTRG
09-25-2005, 11:27 AM
i cheat/refeed bi-monthly(try to have 1 refeed, 1 cheat)

go all out man.

whoa,you refeed bimonthly? they say it should be done about once a week!

do you know the difference between a cheat and a refeed?

rockstarsar
09-25-2005, 11:46 AM

Well, you don't ...a pizza does not equal a refeed. I hope no offense was taken by that last statement, I'm not sure if you were asking what the difference was because you know you don't know or you thought you knew and thought the other guy was wrong? Anyway, enjoy your pizza and be compassionate towards yourself afterwards, but don't kid yourself that it's a refeedd. ;)

buttaflap
09-25-2005, 12:15 PM
whoa,you refeed bimonthly? they say it should be done about once a week!

yeah i know the difference. "they" say you should refeed about once a week but "they" also say that its more geared towards those at around 12% bf and lower.

I'm much higher so one refeed a month, one cheat a month seems to be working.

DRP7
09-25-2005, 01:21 PM
hey guys im almost being forced to get a pizza tonite haha. anyway, its my refeed day and i wanna minimize the fat from it.

what do you think?

You won't gain any fat if you eat once ONE pizza. If you do this every day for e.g. 4-5 days, then you will get some fat, but definitely NOT from ONE single pizza.

If you want to do something in addition, you could take a tablespoon sesathin along with 3-4g Omega 3 fatty acids after or together with the pizza.

but again: don't worry about fat from ONE pizza, really!

best regards

david

DTRG
09-25-2005, 02:14 PM
yeah i know the difference. "they" say you should refeed about once a week but "they" also say that its more geared towards those at around 12% bf and lower.

I'm much higher so one refeed a month, one cheat a month seems to be working.

oh word, naw i understand its different for everyone, i just wasnt sure if you were new or somethin. i hope you didnt take it like i was bein a dick, just friendly =)

rockstargirl: ha,dont worry. im weelllllll aware a pizza is not a refeed food. been eating breads and grains all day.

Poker_Face
09-25-2005, 02:18 PM
I eat whatever I want and still make good gains the gym, I guess I dont eat mcdonalds or anything but I will go to pizza hut or eat a pizza on any given day, you only live once, eat what you want and you can still look good just shower and workout every second day :)

orcan
09-25-2005, 02:33 PM
pfft make your own pizza, with low fat products,

I managed one last week that only had like 4 grams of sat fat, and only a few carbs. It tasted better than any pizza i ever bought :D

user903890348904
09-25-2005, 08:17 PM
i love pizza!!!

i had 3 pizza's to myself last weekend! i cant help it!

im only 13%BF tho!

I cheat on weekends, but it seems ok... if anything I go home and I do 40 minutes cycling slowly, burns off like 400cals!! makes me feel better

:D

Par Deus
09-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Good things for minimizing fat gain with actue use are:

SesaThin
Fish Oil
Green Tea
ALA
quercetin or genistein

IRCRomeo
09-26-2005, 06:32 AM
i love pizza!!!

i had 3 pizza's to myself last weekend! i cant help it!

im only 13%BF tho!

I cheat on weekends, but it seems ok... if anything I go home and I do 40 minutes cycling slowly, burns off like 400cals!! makes me feel better

:D

I don't buy it. I cycle for 15 minutes uphill and at 100RPM+ and the machine reads around 100 calories burned. Unless the machine is wrong, you exaggerated just a bit. ;)

RockyIV
09-26-2005, 06:36 AM
If you can get it, try a whole wheat thin crust. That will minimize the damage. Have fun.

tfg
09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Easiest tip for pizza; no meat toppings. Just loaded with tons of fat and hence calories. It's not worth the minimal protein value that it contributes. Just get a small cheese with something like hot peppers, banana peppers, onions, or something similar that adds no or little extra calories. Honestly this really isn't that bad. If you have a few slices and replace it for the meal that you would normally eat, you won't even notice the difference. Especially if this is your cheat or refeed meal. Just remember to stay away from any meat toppings, pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon. I think like a few slices of pepperoni on a pizza adds an extra 100 calories.

VDubb
09-26-2005, 08:30 AM
I always use a paper towel to dab the extra grease from my slices. I heard somewhere that you can reduce the amount of fat considerably doing this. Whether this is true or not, it tastes better to me without the grease, and makes me feel a little bit better about eating pizza.

tfg
09-26-2005, 09:26 AM
I always use a paper towel to dab the extra grease from my slices. I heard somewhere that you can reduce the amount of fat considerably doing this. Whether this is true or not, it tastes better to me without the grease, and makes me feel a little bit better about eating pizza.

I do this as well. I've heard that is saves anywhere from 10-20 calories per slice sometimes. Isn't really much, but you're right. I just feel better about it. I don't like eating really greasy things.

Garage81
09-26-2005, 10:56 AM
haha depends on where and what the pizza is, but i like to turn the box upside, and shake it up too. its kind of disturbing sometimes to see how much grease is on the top of the box.

orcan
09-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't buy it. I cycle for 15 minutes uphill and at 100RPM+ and the machine reads around 100 calories burned. Unless the machine is wrong, you exaggerated just a bit. ;)

Not really i tend to burn 300-400 cals on friday nights, sat & sun when im not lifting.

My secret is

Turn on plasma tv
Turn on Xbox
Insert latest video game
Get on Bike
Play away for some period of time, stop when i reach 400 cals or so.

Honestly i dont think i could ever keep doing it just normally, for some reason my mind just goes to the video game, and i sweat like a pig. Its great :)

ManWithADream
09-26-2005, 02:42 PM
That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of...playing video games while cycling...holy crap I'm bringing my PSP next time I go do my cardio...why didn't I think of that? Too bad all the games suck...lol

korexite
09-26-2005, 07:21 PM
if you are looking for supps to minimize the damage of overfeeding:

r lipoic
Sesamin

Buckeye(OH)
09-27-2005, 05:26 AM
you only live once, eat what you want

This is precisely why we have an obsesity epidemic.

Don't get worked up, Im not saying you are obese.

TDUB
09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Go to the grocery store and pick up a delissio "balance" pizza. Its there new pizza and they're actually not bad for you at all.

VDubb
09-27-2005, 10:21 AM
That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of...playing video games while cycling...holy crap I'm bringing my PSP next time I go do my cardio...why didn't I think of that? Too bad all the games suck...lol

I play Halo 2 and bike ALL THE TIME!!

It makes cardio a lot of fun........in between games I'll push myself a little harder, because during......it gets intense and I'll slow my pace a bit......

Long live Halo, recumbant bikes, and big screen TVs!!

StrongEnough?
09-27-2005, 10:36 AM
I had a pizza last week. Medium, California white pizza. I had three slices, and so did my wife. Didn't effect me at all. But, I also went to a brutal Tae Kwon Do training session 2 hours after that.

GarethCheeseman
09-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Thin crust, mozzarella, olives, mushrooms and maybe tuna or prawns are about your best bets for making sure it isn't complete junk.

And just cut back on carbs somewhere else in your diet that day

paulclayton
09-27-2005, 12:02 PM
This is one of my down falls as well I can't resist pizza but I have found the thin crust is a lot better than the thick so keep it to two or three peices and thin crust you should be fine.

jfknet
09-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Make your own I always make mine with whole wheat flour. If you use meat use 96-97 percent lean beef and canadian bacon. It's actually not bad for you at all if you make them the right way and they still taste great. You can make your own sauce if you want, but there are a couple that don't load up the sugar if you prefer to buy it.

TheKidd
09-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Most pizza places offer whole weat crust (well here in Canada for that matter..)