PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch DII football?

AppleCat
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I know its not as interesting as Division I, but they've got playoffs just like championship subdivison (D-IAA) does.

Its the semifinals this next week with what would be considered a big game.

Grand Valley State (Michigan) has a 40 game win streak and is playing Northwest Missouri State on ESPN 2 at 8 pm. These two teams have met in the national championships the past two years--should be a great game.

On the other side, its Valdosta State (in GA) playing California (from Penn). This game will be shown on ESPNU noon on saturday.

Not sure if anyone pays much attention to DII football, but the first game mentioned would sure be a good one to watch, especially in a week that Divison I is taking off.

why so ez?
12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I don't watch it but I don't doubt that it would be a pretty interesting game. I mean they had ESPN Gameday at Williams College this year and that was a Division III game.

12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
It's hard to find local and DII or III games with directv but if I do find one then I'll watch. Besides the exception of the smaller schools and the ones that are just perennial losers there are actually DIII teams that are pretty damn good. I guess sometimes they get athletes that can't meet academic standards or something else to play DI.

Bulldog0520
12-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Chadron State lost? I try to watch some games if I can find them, just because I'm going to be playing D2 ball next year.

ESPforMe
12-02-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm a fan of Grand Valley. I hardly get to see their games, but I try to keep track of the scores.