PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Dip Recipe

Casagal
12-02-2007, 07:56 AM
I've make this recipe often and ALWAYS have requests for it. The original recipe calls for brown sugar, but I've made it keto friendly:

1 cup solid pumpkin
1/4 splenda
1 cup sugar free cool-whip
1/2 sour cream
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
chopped pecans or walnuts

Blend together. You can use anything, apples, strawberries, etc. to use as dippers. I've used low-carb torillas. Cut the tortillas into 1/8 wedges, spray with oil (light olive oil works) and sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon. Bake until the chips are crispy.

It also works really good as a topping. I've added it to my cottage cheese and it's really good.

Eileen
12-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Sounds good. What is sugar-free cool whip?

Casagal
12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
It's sold here in the states. They have cool-whip regular, fat free, creamy, chocolate and sugar free flavors.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/coolwhip/

Eileen
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I had a look at that website, but couldn't find out what it was or what was in it. Is it some sort of cream?

12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
COOL WHIP - WHIPPED TOPPING - SUGAR FREE - SUGAR FREE

Ingredients: WATER, CORN SYRUP*, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATES, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM AND ASPARTAME* (SWEETENERS), BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). *ADDS A TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF SUGAR. **PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE.

Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
20 Calories per Serving
1g Fat (1g Saturated Fat), 3g Carbohydrate (0g Fibre, 0g Sugar)

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.htm?SiteId=1&Product=4300001084&

Eileen
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks for that.

I'm pretty sure we don't have anything like that over here. I looked at packets in the supermarket today, and the closest I saw was "sugarfree angel delight" whose first ingredient was maltadextrin!

Casagal
12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I haven't tried it, but I'm sure you can substitute whipped heavy cream for the cool whip. I'm sure it's even more delicious!

RU4A69
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Ingredients: WATER, CORN SYRUP*, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYPHOSPHATES, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM AND ASPARTAME* (SWEETENERS), BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). *ADDS A TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF SUGAR. **PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think I'll pass............ :p

Eileen
12-04-2007, 03:40 AM
I haven't tried it, but I'm sure you can substitute whipped heavy cream for the cool whip. I'm sure it's even more delicious!

Ok, I could go for that. Cream, we've got.