PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't a playoff system work?

jckedup616
12-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Obviously the people that run college football have good reasons for not implamenting a playoff system.

The only one I can think of is that there are too many teams for the playoff system and it would take too long to decide the winner

AronP24
12-02-2007, 06:14 AM
I just find it amusing that everyone is screaming "playoff" now becuase some of espn's glamour teams (southern cal, etc) may not make it to the media national championship game...meanwhile, we auburn fans, have been screaming this for 4 years since we got hosed out of the championship game after going undefeated in the hardest conference in college football...we had the 4th hardest schedule that year, beat 6 ranked teams, and 4 yes 4 top ten teams...and still got hosed...why ? Because we aren't as pretty as USC or oklahoma I suppose...didn't OK get beat by like 317 points that game anyways? OH WELLLLLLLLL...I'm glad that the sheep are finally beginning to comprehend what we have been screaming for years
/rant

jckedup616
12-02-2007, 06:17 AM
I just find it amusing that everyone is screaming "playoff" now becuase some of espn's glamour teams (southern cal, etc) may not make it to the media national championship game...meanwhile, we auburn fans, have been screaming this for 4 years since we got hosed out of the championship game after going undefeated in the hardest conference in college football...we had the 4th hardest schedule that year, beat 6 ranked teams, and 4 yes 4 top ten teams...and still got hosed...why ? Because we aren't as pretty as USC or oklahoma I suppose...didn't OK get beat by like 317 points that game anyways? OH WELLLLLLLLL...I'm glad that the sheep are finally beginning to comprehend what we have been screaming for years
/rant

dude im a Tennessee fan. I live for SEC football. It is my dream to see an SEC in the national title game. Everybody down South knows the reason all SEC aren't in the top 10 is because they have to play each other so somebody has have a loss.

AronP24
12-02-2007, 06:55 AM
dude im a Tennessee fan. I live for SEC football. It is my dream to see an SEC in the national title game. Everybody down South knows the reason all SEC aren't in the top 10 is because they have to play each other so somebody has have a loss.

exactly..this year was incredible....NEXT year the SEC is going to be FRIGHTENING

Georgia is going to be SCARY
Tennessee should still be strong
Auburn will be very good
Florida is going to be insane
Perilloux will let LSU contend again
Saban should have Bama' up to par
Spurrier's Recruits will finally get play time at south carolina

it's going to be QUITE an interesting year for sure! Not to mention the coaching carousel that is about to take place...

thecooleric
12-02-2007, 09:37 AM
/rant

Everyone has been saying that their should be playoffs for years. This year it is just may more apparent that playoffs are needed.

The truth is that a playoff system would absolutely work. It would generate way more money for the NCAA and teams. The smaller bowls would also still exist. The only problem would be that teams would probably play a few less conference games each year, which isn't a big deal really.

scotyg
12-02-2007, 09:57 AM
/rant
not even close

the reason is because there is arent two clear cut teams that would go to the NC.

just off my head these are all the teams that have a claim to be in the natl title

Georgia
USC
LSU
Ohio State
Kansas
Missouri
Oklahoma
Hawaii

Travis71902
12-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Every other sport in the world has a playoff to decide the champion, jus sayin...

AronP24
12-02-2007, 10:19 AM
not even close

the reason is because there is arent two clear cut teams that would go to the NC.

just off my head these are all the teams that have a claim to be in the natl title

Georgia
USC
LSU
Ohio State
Kansas
Missouri
Oklahoma
Hawaii

wrong oklahoma had no right being in that game in 04' USC did deserve because they were clearly the number 1 team..we were cleary number 2 and got hosed...
oklahoma played 1 top 10 team and 2 addtional ranked teams that season
we played 4 top 10 teams and 5-6 ranked teams...we were better /story