View Full Version : Fantasy Defense Help

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Sea @ Philly
Ten Vs HOU
Denver @ Oak

T2TL
12-01-2007, 04:38 PM
i think seahawks def. theres no mcnabb so that hurts them a bit. none of those are horrible plays and are pretty even so its a bit of a toss up, i think hawks def has been underrated this year though

kethnaab
12-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Sea @ Philly

@ Philly? Westbrook is healthy? Oh hell no.

Ten Vs HOU

Schaub, Johnson, Johnson and Schaub.

Haynesworth is back this week though, so if he can shut Dayne down, Schaub might be forced into some passing situations and might rush things. Tennessee's rushing D is huge, and that allows them to really focus on Schaub and Johnson (and Davis for that matter)

This is a semi-decent option, but risky, becuase Johnson is DANGEROUS. Tenne's D is the best choice here, however.

Denver @ Oak

ew. Denver has a tendency to let big rushing games occur. Of course, Oakland's offense is TERRIBLE, but I bet Fargas has a solid game.

Tennessee has the best defense here by a mile, but Denver has the best matchup by far.

Risk is that Fargas kicks ass and runs roughshod. Reward is that Oakland might give the ball up like mad, as they have all year.

With Tennessee, Schaub to Johnson could get ugly. Of course, Oakland has given up more sacks and they might start an inexperienced QB.

Both Oakland and Houston give up the ball a lot. A WHOLE lot.

I'd start Denver, just because Oakland tends to make everybody else look good.

"When in doubt, choose whoever plays the Raiders"

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:03 PM
@ Philly? Westbrook is healthy? Oh hell no.

Schaub, Johnson, Johnson and Schaub.

Haynesworth is back this week though, so if he can shut Dayne down, Schaub might be forced into some passing situations and might rush things. Tennessee's rushing D is huge, and that allows them to really focus on Schaub and Johnson (and Davis for that matter)

This is a semi-decent option, but risky, becuase Johnson is DANGEROUS. Tenne's D is the best choice here, however.

ew. Denver has a tendency to let big rushing games occur. Of course, Oakland's offense is TERRIBLE, but I bet Fargas has a solid game.

Tennessee has the best defense here by a mile, but Denver has the best matchup by far.

Risk is that Fargas kicks ass and runs roughshod. Reward is that Oakland might give the ball up like mad, as they have all year.

With Tennessee, Schaub to Johnson could get ugly. Of course, Oakland has given up more sacks and they might start an inexperienced QB.

Both Oakland and Houston give up the ball a lot. A WHOLE lot.

I'd start Denver, just because Oakland tends to make everybody else look good.

"When in doubt, choose whoever plays the Raiders"

When you compare Tenn and Den and look JUST AT NUMBERS Tenn has like 65 less PA, 2 more sacks and 2 more INT but both have scored the EXACT same amount of points. I guess its risk vs reward here. And the risk of starting Tenn is that HOU could score a lot of points in the air. Reward is, if they are down and start making getting pressured there could be lots of sack and interceptions!! Now Denvers risk is Fargas having a huge game...reward is that the OAK offense is just plain bad either way!! IDK....Hmmm :confused:

T2TL
12-01-2007, 05:05 PM
how many points on avg do DEF get in your league? mine its 5-10, i have pitt def and they dont even get me much it sucks

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:10 PM
how many points on avg do DEF get in your league? mine its 5-10, i have pitt def and they dont even get me much it sucks

7-8 points on average, but I have had plenty of 15-30 point defensive games! Lots of Sacks, an Int or FR, low PA=TONS OF POINTS

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
When you compare Tenn and Den and look JUST AT NUMBERS Tenn has like 65 less PA, 2 more sacks and 2 more INT but both have scored the EXACT same amount of points. I guess its risk vs reward here. And the risk of starting Tenn is that HOU could score a lot of points in the air. Reward is, if they are down and start making getting pressured there could be lots of sack and interceptions!! Now Denvers risk is Fargas having a huge game...reward is that the OAK offense is just plain bad either way!! IDK....Hmmm :confused:

Oh and Denver has to play away while Tenn gets the home field advantage!!

T2TL
12-01-2007, 05:15 PM
7-8 points on average, but I have had plenty of 15-30 point defensive games! Lots of Sacks, an Int or FR, low PA=TONS OF POINTS

wow, i wish my league that that. its so little in ours because the year before our commish messed up the scoring for them and bears had the most fantasy point. even more than LT lol. we did an auction draft, LT went for $105 and bears went for about $15, we were all pretty pissed but i guess it was our fault for not looking at the points settings and assuming it was default. this is off topic but can you post your team? j/w how it looks

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
wow, i wish my league that that. its so little in ours because the year before our commish messed up the scoring for them and bears had the most fantasy point. even more than LT lol. we did an auction draft, LT went for $105 and bears went for about $15, we were all pretty pissed but i guess it was our fault for not looking at the points settings and assuming it was default. this is off topic but can you post your team? j/w how it looks

You want me to post my whole starting line up?!

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
QB- Campbell
RB- Bush
RB- K Smith
WR- G Jennings
WR- D Branch
TE- Gates
K- Gostkowski
Def- Ten

T2TL
12-01-2007, 05:27 PM
QB- Campbell
RB- Bush
RB- K Smith
WR- G Jennings
WR- D Branch
TE- Gates
K- Gostkowski
Def- Ten

solid team, i wish i picked up smith but my yahoo wasnt working for a week and i couldnt sign in. i have larry johnson:(. my lineup if healthy, id be in 1st by 1000000 points if it was healthy. i never have luck, last year had alexander lol
QB- Kitna
RB- Addai, LJ, Portis
WR- TO, Moss, Walker
TE- Dallas Clark
WR/TE- Branch
K- Kaeding
DEF- Pitt

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
AH!!!! Albert Hainesworth is only Questionable for the game and he is a HUGE part of the Tenn Defense!! Man....I dont know what to do!!!

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
solid team, i wish i picked up smith but my yahoo wasnt working for a week and i couldnt sign in. i have larry johnson:(. my lineup if healthy, id be in 1st by 1000000 points if it was healthy. i never have luck, last year had alexander lol
QB- Kitna
RB- Addai, LJ, Portis
WR- TO, Moss, Walker
TE- Dallas Clark
WR/TE- Branch
K- Kaeding
DEF- Pitt

I had LJ! My team has completely changed every week! Injuries have F*CKED me over bad!! The only player that hasnt been changed all year is Gates...

Man you got MOSS and TO?! LUCKY BASTARD!!!

kethnaab
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
QB- Kitna
RB- Addai, LJ, Portis
WR- TO, Moss, Walker
TE- Dallas Clark
WR/TE- Branch
K- Kaeding
DEF- Pitt

what kind of a damn league are you in? How the bloody hell did you get Moss and TO?

Starters
QB - Roethlisberger
RB - Steven Jackson, Travis Henry, Ryan Grant
WR - Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Chris Henry
TE - Heath Miller, Tony Gonzalez
WR/RB - (see bench)
WR/TE - (see bench)
Def - Steelers

Bench
Derrick Ward, Andre Hall, Andre Davis, Lendale White, Drew Carter, Nate Washington

T2TL
12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
what kind of a damn league are you in? How the bloody hell did you get Moss and TO?

Starters
QB - Roethlisberger
RB - Steven Jackson, Travis Henry, Ryan Grant
WR - Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Chris Henry
TE - Heath Miller, Tony Gonzalez
WR/RB - (see bench)
WR/TE - (see bench)
Def - Steelers

Bench
Derrick Ward, Andre Hall, Andre Davis, Lendale White, Drew Carter, Nate Washington

seems you had the same luck as me, assuming drafted sjax 2nd? its rough losing him for that long. also i drafted TO 4th, moss 5th pretty sure. there was trash talk about moss before the draft and no one wanted him so i figured someone was bluffing or i could get the steal of the draft. i waited and got him pretty damn late. i dont see why people would think he would have a bad year...

kethnaab
12-01-2007, 06:37 PM
seems you had the same luck as me, assuming drafted sjax 2nd? its rough losing him for that long. also i drafted TO 4th, moss 5th pretty sure. there was trash talk about moss before the draft and no one wanted him so i figured someone was bluffing or i could get the steal of the draft. i waited and got him pretty damn late. i dont see why people would think he would have a bad year...

nope, I got Jackson in a trade early on.

I traded for Moss after the draft, before the season. Gave up Chad Johnson for him. That worked out nicely. :)

I picked up Ryan Grant and Selvin Young along the way and they worked out great for me, obviously. Ended up trading Young away and picked up Chris Henry, so that has worked out well too.

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Dude....did you just go up like 120 points in a couple hours?!

T2TL
12-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Dude....did you just go up like 120 points in a couple hours?!

yea i was at 590ish earlier. i should be at close to 2000 in a couple days from 2 rep bet threads with the boys (1 involving bpp) :). you should get in some of those they are fun. only thing is if you lose you owe reps for atleast 2 days

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 07:18 PM
yea i was at 590ish earlier. i should be at close to 2000 in a couple days from 2 rep bet threads with the boys (1 involving bpp) :). you should get in some of those they are fun. only thing is if you lose you owe reps for atleast 2 days

no way!! Links?! I'm down like a clown!!

T2TL
12-01-2007, 07:21 PM
no way!! Links?! I'm down like a clown!!

this one is 5000+ it seems to be the only big one this week but i may be wrong. you can ask OP if you can join since you are pretty damn close to that many reps. also all rep bet threads are in the sports section. theyll say something like "cowboys vs packers" for example or will say something about betting in the title. it seems king canuck and 5x10 have set up a few in the past so look for their names although now there are a ton of them.

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I dont see any big rep bet threads on the first few pages...

T2TL
12-01-2007, 07:41 PM
I dont see any big rep bet threads on the first few pages...

yea you missed the huge boys game, hope theres more big ones soon though. bpp has been in a couple but looks like he isnt this week:(. also the cowboys packers game was huge so more people got involved in it. this week i guess there arent any big games. also get ready to owe me for the jags and hawaii :)

gymratluke
12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
yea you missed the huge boys game, hope theres more big ones soon though. bpp has been in a couple but looks like he isnt this week:(. also the cowboys packers game was huge so more people got involved in it. this week i guess there arent any big games. also get ready to owe me for the jags and hawaii :)

how can I get you back if I just hit you?! Like wait til I spread and hit you later in like a couple weeks?!

T2TL
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
how can I get you back if I just hit you?! Like wait til I spread and hit you later in like a couple weeks?!

yea but you were nice enough to rep me once so its all good if you cant get around to me again, it would be a long time to rep 2 more times after waiting. i do have really bad luck in these though, the cowboys rep i think was the only one ive won so far lol