PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel guilty after a cheat meal????

Shosh328
11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
i had 4 slices of pizza for lunch today and now ive been pissed at myself all afternoon. just wanted to vent. anyone else ever feel like this??

workout guy
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
hell yes i fell guilty all the time especially last night, i had 4 pounds of wings when i went out then had a bag of cheetos when i got home and some candy too. but the way i think of it is just gotta make up for it in the gym. work harder lift harder. you gotta live your life is what i think, dont get me wrong i eat healthy the rest of the week but you need to cheat once and a while or ur gonna get sick of your life quick and then just give up.

baskam
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
as long as you don't go overboard, i wouldn't feel guilty about a cheat meal. feeling guilty and focusing on one event may distract you from your overall goal. cheat meals also serve to kickstart metabolism if your progress is slowing.

PyroBurns
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't feel guilty as much as pissed off, because I know that I'll be in for some extremely annoying water retention or even worse if I consumed gluten.

user5145
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
If you feel guilty after a cheat meal, then that means you didn't really deserve it in the first place. Plus, four slices of pizza is hardly something worth feeling guilty about.

shoopster
11-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Dont' feeld bad or guilty, cheat days are fine. I usually have 1 cheat day a week, and it's usually a pizza. I will usually get myself a medium size sausage pizza. The 4 slices you had are just fine. Like someone earlier live life

k9nacl
11-30-2007, 03:34 PM
i used to feel really bad about it, but now i could care a less.

after my two thanksgiving cheat meals, everything seems minute.

ozfiz
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Was this a crazy uncontrolled, unplanned binge? Doesn't sound like it. 4 slices is minute in the grand scheme... you shouldn't feel guilty in the least

PatMac
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
No I feel great and my cheat meals are actually big enough to do damage if I didn't workout like a madman. Four slices of pizza is nothing, don't sweat it

The Director
11-30-2007, 03:44 PM
You're supposed to feel guilty, if you don't its not a cheat meal.

PatMac
11-30-2007, 03:47 PM

Not everyone feels bad about eating

Ryan314
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I do. I don't even think cheat meals are worth the guilt you have after. Just not worth it to me...

ozfiz
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM

wtf, no... food should not have that power over you :(

user5145
11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
WOW. Strong poor relationships with food here. You are SUPPOSED to feel guilty? Wow.

If you feel guilty about a cheat meal then you DIDN'T deserve it. That's what I think.

matthor
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
guilty after this? cmon :p

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w310/matth0r/Food/Capricosa1.jpg

ha-y-n-punch
11-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I dont feel guilty... I just think to myself "what could my gains have been if I didn't eat that?"

shoopster
11-30-2007, 05:51 PM
The day after I cheat I wake up and have a protein shake, get to the gym and do at least 30 minutes of cardio, then come home and have another protein shake. I know it doesn't burn all the bad stuf from the cheat, but it does make me feel better. Not that I feel bad when cheating, because I enjoy my cheats, you gotta enjoy life. But doing the cardio makes me feel even better.

rude boy
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
i dont feel guilty, but i do feel like **** when i look in the mirror and see my stomach and face bloated. it pisses me off more than anything and depresses me until all the bloat goes down.

Hazsun
11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
cheat meal is supposed to make you feel better, mentally, not worst. I guess the reason why people feel bad after a cheat meal is because they don't plan it. If you plan your cheat meal, you will not feel guilty.

grapemaster
11-30-2007, 06:37 PM
nope just had some doritos... 16" pizza on the way... its friiiidayyy

shoopster
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
nope just had some doritos... 16" pizza on the way... its friiiidayyy

Enjoy that pizza. By the way, I live near chi-town, where you getting that pizza from?

DrumTech
11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
http://messyandpicky.com/wp-content/themes/messy-and-picky/images/DSC_2377-taqueria-burrito.jpg

guilty after this... common, this is life.. live it up man!

CluelessAsian
11-30-2007, 07:46 PM
1 cheat meal out of 42+ meals in a week wouldn't hurt your progress unless you're competing. Just because you're bodybuilding doesn't mean you have to give up the good things in life.

Just my 2 cents.

Diana Meeque
11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
http://messyandpicky.com/wp-content/themes/messy-and-picky/images/DSC_2377-taqueria-burrito.jpg

guilty after this... common, this is life.. live it up man!

DAYUM

grapemaster
11-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Enjoy that pizza. By the way, I live near chi-town, where you getting that pizza from?
u probably never heard of it...just a local south loop joint
http://chicago.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?restaurantid=10737

4stringslapper
11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
I feel guilty after every meal except for post-workout! I know, it is a bit extreme, but definitely in line with your train of thought. A soccer-playing fitness-freak friend of mine once told me, "You train hard regularly so on occasion you can indulge without guilt." Makes sense... I try to remind myself of that. I mean, what is the point of all the sacrifice if you never make room for certain guilty pleasures? Funny... these days I stress and feel the weight of the world over a slice of key lime pie, while before I started working out I would drink a twelve pack a night without giving it a second thought. We must compusively obsess over something, I guess...

tinyman5000
11-30-2007, 08:00 PM
you owe yourself nothing and the only person you cheat is yourself. i.e if you feel guilty after eating what you want, you have a problem

The Director
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
You don't understand.

A cheat is a cheat, if you deserve it or not. The reason they call it a cheat is because you're going against what you normally do. When a married man cheats on his wife, some feel guilty some don't. Its the same with food..when you're on a planned diet, and wanna get to a certain bodyweight by a date, and you cheat, you WILL feel guilty. But, once you reach that weight, you can cheat all you want and wont feel guilty one bit.

user5145
11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
That is a terrible analogy. Cheating on your wife does not equal cheating with one meal on a diet of 42 meals a week. One is morally and for the religious, Biblically, Koranically, and Talmudically wrong (Yes, made up words), and the other is a simple relaxation of the nutritional routine that one has implemented for themselves throughout the week,

I have not reached my target weight by any means, but I can have a cheat meal at the end of the week without feeling guilty. I know that I worked hard throughout the week, and I know that this one meal will have NO effects whatsoever on my progress. I feel absolutely NO guilt after having a 'cheat' meal. I DO NOT feel guilty. Some of you need to re-evaluate your relationships with food.

you owe yourself nothing and the only person you cheat is yourself. i.e if you feel guilty after eating what you want, you have a problem

I agree. I can honestly say that I feel zero guilt after a cheat meal.

And I am sorry, because I am making judgments based on the limited knowledge I have of people through their posts on an internet message board, but feeling guilty after every meal is a serious mental problem that needs to be addressed. There is no need for that.

tinyman5000
11-30-2007, 09:04 PM
The only reason someone should feel guilty is if they did something wrong. Last time i checked eating food isnt wrong, i dont care if you're scooping margerine out of the tub. Yeah, I'm gonna get flamed because im ****ing lean as hell and skinny and do **** like that, i really dont care. Unless your on precontest i really dont see the need NOT to cheat, if getting sometihng you reallly like helps you stay on a 90% strict diet, then thats more good then bad!

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Looking at your picture, you can eat a cake a day and not feel guilty. My words go out to the guy who weights 250 and is about 25% Bf.

Cheating is cheating..bad analogy, sure, then don't use 'cheating' the term for 'casual eating'.

When I write about something, its my opinion, and only what applies to me.

PatMac
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
You don't understand.

A cheat is a cheat, if you deserve it or not. The reason they call it a cheat is because you're going against what you normally do. When a married man cheats on his wife, some feel guilty some don't. Its the same with food..when you're on a planned diet, and wanna get to a certain bodyweight by a date, and you cheat, you WILL feel guilty. But, once you reach that weight, you can cheat all you want and wont feel guilty one bit.

Did you really just compare adultery to eating a slice of pizza?

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
The only reason someone should feel guilty is if they did something wrong. Last time i checked eating food isnt wrong, i dont care if you're scooping margerine out of the tub. Yeah, I'm gonna get flamed because im ****ing lean as hell and skinny and do **** like that, i really dont care. Unless your on precontest i really dont see the need NOT to cheat, if getting sometihng you reallly like helps you stay on a 90% strict diet, then thats more good then bad!

EXACTLY.

Eating is not wrong, so don't use the word "cheating"..cheating is what bodybuilders who are preparing for a contest use.

Yes, they do feel guilty, I think if you open the search box, and type in "Cheat" you'll see how many threads we get with people feeling guilty, some even cry.

PatMac
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
EXACTLY.

Eating is not wrong, so don't use the word "cheating"..cheating is what bodybuilders who are preparing for a contest use.

Yes, they do feel guilty, I think if you open the search box, and type in "Cheat" you'll see how many threads we get with people feeling guilty, some even cry.

Because too many people here have EDs

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Did you really just compare adultery to eating a slice of pizza?

Cheating only has one meaning.

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Because too many people here have EDs

Yes. And that is who my words go out too..not someone like you, or anyone else arguing against me.

matthor
11-30-2007, 09:10 PM
cheating is a poor term. A freemeal is much more appropriate

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
cheating is a poor term. A freemeal is much more appropriate

There we go, someone to the savior.

The word "Cheat" is used by people who feel guilty. A free-meal is used by people who do not feel guilty, don't use the word 'cheat' if you're not going to feel guilty.

grapemaster
11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
all u whiners, think of it as resetting ur metabolism higher, mixing it up for your body, raising leptin levels, refeeding... in the end there is carbs, protein, fat, and alcohol... however they are disguised, and u only need a certain amount of nutrients to maintain life...

b/c it is doing all of the above.

user5145
I agree that the word 'cheat' has a negative connotation to it, but it is all in the mind of the individual. I consider a 'cheat' any meal that I would normally not eat throughout my regular diet. I do not however feel guilty or slightly bad about said meal. To me, the word 'cheat' just signifies a divergence from the routine diet. It just depends on the value that the individual places with the word.

So in conclusion, I see what you are saying.

Diana Meeque
There we go, someone to the savior.

The word "Cheat" is used by people who feel guilty. A free-meal is used by people who do not feel guilty, don't use the word 'cheat' if you're not going to feel guilty.

I'll make sure to feel guilty the next time I have some cookies :P

edit:

Personally, I think when people use the word "cheat" in reference to eating something which isn't beneficial to their fitness goal, it's just slang. It hasn't kept it's original meaning in these specific parameters. It's happened to plenty of words.

tinyman5000
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
I'll make sure to feel guilty the next time I have some cookies :P

lol i think you and me both need some cookies

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Send some my way, lol. Speaking of free-days, I got my fair share coming up for new years, anyone else hitting up the Vegas buffets?

PatMac
11-30-2007, 09:17 PM
No but the cheap, disgusting 5$ chinese buffet is getting destroyed :D

tinyman5000
11-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Send some my way, lol. Speaking of free-days, I got my fair share coming up for new years, anyone else hitting up the Vegas buffets?

lol enough cheats for me, i've gained 17 lbs on my bulk and i'm still underdeveloped, skinny, and too lean. I'm eatin nothin but steak and eggs and oats and spinach, sugar kills my appetite (weird huh)

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
lol, I was thinking of making a video of all my meals. But I think I would get some serious PM's and messages headed my way. With the amount I eat, and the stuff I'll eat. lol..but we'll see.

tinyman5000
11-30-2007, 09:22 PM
lol, I was thinking of making a video of all my meals. But I think I would get some serious PM's and messages headed my way. With the amount I eat, and the stuff I'll eat. lol..but we'll see.

how much do you eat

matthor
11-30-2007, 09:22 PM

do it@!

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Estimating, id say 6000-8000 calories a day at Vegas buffets. This is also counting the trip to and from Vegas (Car rides, snacks, fast food, etc)

But the best part is, once I get back, all the cravings in the world are gone. I can start a nice cut, and stay on it for a couple of months before getting some cravings.

tinyman5000
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Estimating, id say 6000-8000 calories a day at Vegas buffets. This is also counting the trip to and from Vegas (Car rides, snacks, fast food, etc)

But the best part is, once I get back, all the cravings in the world are gone. I can start a nice cut, and stay on it for a couple of months before getting some cravings.

lol eating dirty just makes me get acne and greasy skin, i had such awful acne before i ate right and worked out. My face was like the surface of the damn moon. Can you get legitamately good food at a vegas buffet

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Funny, I never break out with dirty food. When I get to vegas, eat all those calories, my libido SKY rockets, I feel like a million bucks, I can do anything I want. Last year, once I got back, I went to the gym and had my best lifts, EVER. Added maybe 10-15lb on each bar, and it was amazing. My skin is perfect, its all perfect. Once I start cutting again..here it comes, thinning hair line, I lose my hair, I sleep 8-10 hours a day. I don't wanna wake up, I don't even wanna lift as much, it all crashes.

I think I may just video a days worth or something, just to throw a video out there for matthor and others just to make them feel good about their cheat meals, lol.

matthor
11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
...freemeals :mad:

:p

The Director
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
...freemeals :mad:

:p

lol..your freemeals, and their cheat meals. :p

Diana Meeque
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
lol enough cheats for me, i've gained 17 lbs on my bulk and i'm still underdeveloped, skinny, and too lean. I'm eatin nothin but steak and eggs and oats and spinach, sugar kills my appetite (weird huh)

how long have you been bulking? congrats on the 17lbs man. I'd love to put on 25lbs or so before I started cutting....might take a few years though lol.

Diana Meeque
11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd love to put on 25lbs or so before I started cutting....might take a few years though lol.

x2, I can't imagine what I'd look like 25lbs heavier though.

matthor
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
x2, I can't imagine what I'd look like 25lbs heavier though.

did you just quote and agree with yourself?

Diana Meeque
11-30-2007, 10:11 PM
did you just quote and agree with yourself?

I've been known to x2 myself

TheKansan
11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
i had 4 slices of pizza for lunch today and now ive been pissed at myself all afternoon. just wanted to vent. anyone else ever feel like this??

I don't cheat often, but I always feel guilty. I think its a good thing because it will discourage me from going back to my old habits, where basically every meal was a cheat meal.

Spottydog
12-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I feel guilty if it's unplanned.
Yes, I have planned cheats every 2 weeks if I've eaten clean that entire time, or on occasions like my birthday and Thanksgiving (where I make room in my macros and have time to think it through). I do the every 2 weeks one because I still have SLIGHT ED-ness (just mentally), and i need to get over my "fear of food", so to speak.
Otherwise, if it's out of the blue, I feel REALLY guilty, even if it's not my fault (i.e. my mom serves something like mozzerella stuffed ravioli on my low-carb day and I have to eat it because she says so and it's her house).

I used to go overboard sometimes and eat too much of my cheat meal and feel HORRIBLE, but now I've got enough self-control to eat slowly and gage how much I'm eating, and stop when I'm satisfied.
Funny thing is, when I overeat "clean" food, I DON'T feel guilty, because I'm providing myself with nutrients I need. Which is good, as I'm doing IF.

PatMac
12-01-2007, 01:12 PM

hahaha sooo repped

matthor
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM

hahaha.

Awesome

matthor
12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
hahaha.

Awesome

x2

PatMac
12-01-2007, 01:25 PM
x2

lmao wish I could rep again

tinyman5000
12-01-2007, 01:42 PM
how long have you been bulking? congrats on the 17lbs man. I'd love to put on 25lbs or so before I started cutting....might take a few years though lol.

since july

Diana Meeque
12-01-2007, 01:44 PM
since july

is that when you first started lifting as well? or just when you decided you wanted to bulk

tinyman5000
12-01-2007, 01:47 PM
is that when you first started lifting as well? or just when you decided you wanted to bulk

started lifting SERIOUSLY in july, before that i just did curls and bench press and leg extensions. But i started to do real stuff (squats deads whatever) why do you ask

Diana Meeque
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
started lifting SERIOUSLY in july, before that i just did curls and bench press and leg extensions. But i started to do real stuff (squats deads whatever) why do you ask

Just wondering cause 17lbs is a lot of weight man, congrats on putting on that much so far. I want to put on ~25lbs but I have no idea it's gonna take before I even start to notice a difference.

matthor
12-01-2007, 02:10 PM
tiny was also coming off a ED so was primed for some growth iirc

Shosh328
12-01-2007, 02:12 PM
yea i guess guilty wasnt the best choice of words.

this is pretty much how i felt after..

I dont feel guilty... I just think to myself "what could my gains have been if I didn't eat that?"

but im over it, i had an awesome workout today

tinyman5000
12-01-2007, 02:31 PM
tiny was also coming off a ED so was primed for some growth iirc

indeed lol, im still on the rebound i think i can keep going too, just imagine my avatar with 17 less lbs, thats pretty damn skinny