PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine and coffee... when NOT to have it

TheFitnessGuru
09-13-2005, 03:43 PM
There are probably a lot more great choices of when to have coffee then when NOT to have it. so to make the list shorter, please tell me when I shouldnt have it

BESIDES right before bed time... ie. including workouts... say like "dont have it directly after a workout b/c it will impede transportation of nutrients to muscles" or something like that... not taht that is correct.. but you get my point :)

jamieo
09-13-2005, 04:28 PM
For me, I'd say "never have it". I've been avoiding caffeine altogether for over a year now. It took a few days to get over it, but once the initial headaches passed, I felt fine. I never did get into drinking coffee but I did drink a lot of diet colas and tea. I've switched to drinking decaffeinated tea now and water primarily.

MattM
09-13-2005, 05:01 PM
personally i drink a sobe lite energy drink before workouts, great energy booster.

shana
09-13-2005, 05:56 PM
what is in that drink??

PureMotivation
09-13-2005, 08:00 PM
In my opinion there isn't a specific time NOT to have coffee excpet before bed. The only thing is you cant be drinking coffee ALL the time. So i think the better response here is the BEST time to drink coffee. And my answer to that would be at 1-2 of these times during the day. But of course if you don't need the caffeine don't drink it. I however like coffee for the taste as well as the caffeine and antioxidant positives to it. So I try and limit myself to 1 cup a day. Sometimes won't have any for a couple of days and the reward myself. Or have decaff.

1.Very early in the morning to wake you up
2.Pre-Workout for an energy boost
3.Mid day around 12-1pm if you are dragging at work or have classes or a test you need energy and concentration for.