PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this problem!??

MATT2388
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I think i have adrenal fatigue.

-Morning fatigue -- You don't really seem to "wake up" until 10 a.m., even if you've been awake since 7 a.m.
-Afternoon "low" (feelings of sleepiness or clouded thinking) from 2 to 4 p.m.
-Burst of energy at 6 p.m. -- You finally feel better from your afternoon lull.
-Sleepiness at 9 to 10 p.m. -- However, you resist going to sleep.
-"Second wind" at 11 p.m. that lasts until about 1 a.m., when you finally go to sleep.
-Cravings for foods high in salt and fat
-Mild depression
-Lack of energy
-Decreased ability to handle stress
-Muscular weakness
-Increased allergies
-Lightheadedness when getting up from a sitting or laying down position
-Decreased sex drive
-Frequent sighing

I had everysingle one of these especially the 6PM energy boast even though i eat nothing at this time, and afternoon brain fog fuzzy feeling.

Anyone got any advice on this please?

trevman
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
goto sleep at 10pm get up 7am, drink more and more regularly. that should help for most of it

dodgyone
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
That's not adrenal fatigue, that's clinical depression. Get some counselling or advice from your doctor?

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
drop all stimulants for a while

Spottydog
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Sounds like me. :(

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
That could be overtraining. Or depression. Or a cold. Or mother****ing cancer. It could literally be anything.

burtonridr
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Getting more sleep could really help.. Did you recently try to stop drinking or consuming caffeine?

+1 go see a doctor and get yourself checked out.

Insulin Ihsaan
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
how long have u been cutting? people sometimes experience those things from 4months+ cutting

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
That could be overtraining. Or depression. Or a cold. Or mother****ing cancer. It could literally be anything.lol i know how do these people come up with these lists of symptoms that are just normal really. i mean it could be anything. causes everyone to self diagnose themselves over something really stupid.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
how long have u been cutting? people sometimes experience those things from 4months+ cutting

I'm bulking and i feel like that everyday, its called over reaching and treating your body like crap. Some guys can work themselves up to a level of extreme capacity others cant.

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm bulking and i feel like that everyday, its called over reaching and treating your body like crap. Some guys can work themselves up to a level of extreme capacity others cant.so why dont you stop treating your body like crap then lol.. sounds like it would be counterproductive.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 12:47 PM
so why dont you stop treating your body like crap then lol.. sounds like it would be counterproductive.

so far its working well lol

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
so far its working well lolwell yeah until the day some muscle tears and you're out of the gym (or at the least not training that body part) for months. besides, rest and recovery is very important for growing. who knows you might make even better gains if you take it a bit more easy.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
well yeah until the day some muscle tears and you're out of the gym (or at the least not training that body part) for months. besides, rest and recovery is very important for growing. who knows you might make even better gains if you take it a bit more easy.

I do low/moderate volume but my knees are starting to take alot of damage so i'm tapering off the sprints

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I do low/moderate volume but my knees are starting to take alot of damage so i'm tapering off the sprintsi see, well if they are hurting. ever thought about taking a joint supplement?

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
i see, well if they are hurting. ever thought about taking a joint supplement?

I take the glucosamine stuff my mom bought for my dog and it helps but its just from sprints, its gonna hurt

burtonridr
11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I take the glucosamine stuff my mom bought for my dog...

LOL

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 01:03 PM
LOL

lol im a broke college student gimme a break. My dog refuses to take it anyway

burtonridr
11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
lol im a broke college student gimme a break. My dog refuses to take it anyway

LOL it reminds me of the episode of seinfeld when krammer goes to the vet because his cough sounds like a dogs cough and he takes the dog medicine.... LMAO

rhollan
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I take the glucosamine stuff my mom bought for my dog and it helps but its just from sprints, its gonna hurt

LOL. My friend Sharon gives her dog a "fish pill" (omega3 EPA and DHA) and takes one herself. Though, in this case, it's a "people pill" that the dog gets as well. Works wonders for the dog's coat.

TheDukeUSMC
11-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I think i have adrenal fatigue.

-Morning fatigue -- You don't really seem to "wake up" until 10 a.m., even if you've been awake since 7 a.m.
-Afternoon "low" (feelings of sleepiness or clouded thinking) from 2 to 4 p.m.
-Burst of energy at 6 p.m. -- You finally feel better from your afternoon lull.
-Sleepiness at 9 to 10 p.m. -- However, you resist going to sleep.
-"Second wind" at 11 p.m. that lasts until about 1 a.m., when you finally go to sleep.
-Cravings for foods high in salt and fat
-Mild depression
-Lack of energy
-Decreased ability to handle stress
-Muscular weakness
-Increased allergies
-Lightheadedness when getting up from a sitting or laying down position
-Decreased sex drive
-Frequent sighing

I had everysingle one of these especially the 6PM energy boast even though i eat nothing at this time, and afternoon brain fog fuzzy feeling.

Anyone got any advice on this please?

Drink water as soon as you get up. People don't understand water is the fuel that powers your body (besides food)

vata
11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
That was me before and yes it is adrenal fatigue/exhaustion.
Main points to know is that increased environmental stress coupled with low nutrition (likely due to sluggish digestion) will wear out the adrenals and this can create a vicious cycle.
Environmental stress: infections, heavy metals (dental amalgams), general stress.

Those who typically get adrenal fatigue are ones who have very fast metabolisms, (ectomorphs) so they need constant nourishment (generally hard to gain weight). Fast metabolizers need "slow burning" fuel to maintain stable levels of energy, hence the typical crave for protein and fats (diet should be mostly protein/fat/vegetables no sugar). Salt craving is always present due to the sodium deficiency (weak adrenals represent a low sodium to potassium ratio, shown in hair analysis - since depression is due to low sodium, most adrenal fatigued people experience depression).

Several cofactors are needed to quickstart energy production (metabolism) and feed the starving adrenals.

Priorities are:
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic Acid) - 1mg - 10mg/day (critical)
- vitamin B9 (folic acid) - 0.8 - 5mgs/day
- vitamin B3 (as inositol hexanicotinate) - 250mgs - 1.5grams/day
- biotin - 500mgs - 2.5grams /day (involved in fatty acid metabolism)
- vitamin C - 3-5grams/day
- Coq10 - 10 -100mgs/day
- Essential fatty acids (ratio 4:1 of omega 6 to 3) (critical for hormone production).
Both zinc/copper (food sources preferred).

Diet ideally would be similar to Atkins and put special emphasis on high purine proteins (organ meats, sardines, anchovies etc).
Digestive enzymes may be beneficial if digestion is weak.

Another way to this would be to take an ayurvedic approach and study your dosha (your likely an out of balance vata).

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
LOL. My friend Sharon gives her dog a "fish pill" (omega3 EPA and DHA) and takes one herself. Though, in this case, it's a "people pill" that the dog gets as well. Works wonders for the dog's coat.thats pretty gross if the dog doesn't know not to chew it but just to swallow it...ew lol.

vata, won't your skin dry out horribly from that much vitamin B-5? i took 500 mg daily for a while in effort to get rid of blemishes but instead my skin just went dry so i quit taking it.

Drumkid20
11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
well yeah until the day some muscle tears and you're out of the gym (or at the least not training that body part) for months. besides, rest and recovery is very important for growing. who knows you might make even better gains if you take it a bit more easy.

Can't stress how important that is. For 2 years I overtrained, I now realize.

Finall one day, I got up to try a PR, 120 dumbell incline chest press. Got it up (with a spotter lift) and came down and I just felt something shear apart on the lower portion of my right pec. It didn't hurt really, but doing dips a few days later I got terrible pain. I took a month off from chest training, then took it very easy, switching to light weight high rep work, 65 and 75's at a 45+ degree angle.

I haven't been the same since (about a year ago) I'm just getting close to where I was before this injury. Nothing sets you back like injury.

In the last year I've learned sleep and off time is very important. My workouts have improved and with ample rest I'm able to push it to beast levels for 2 or more hours. Learn to sleep and eat right.

Start some cardio too, 20 mins a day on a cross trainer if your knee is bad. Look into cissus RX for a joint supplement as well as glucosamine and chondroitin.

EDIT: b5 is really important IMO, take IM injections weekly. Just great for overall well being.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Can't stress how important that is. For 2 years I overtrained, I now realize.

Finall one day, I got up to try a PR, 120 dumbell incline chest press. Got it up (with a spotter lift) and came down and I just felt something shear apart on the lower portion of my right pec. It didn't hurt really, but doing dips a few days later I got terrible pain. I took a month off from chest training, then took it very easy, switching to light weight high rep work, 65 and 75's at a 45+ degree angle.

I haven't been the same since (about a year ago) I'm just getting close to where I was before this injury. Nothing sets you back like injury.

In the last year I've learned sleep and off time is very important. My workouts have improved and with ample rest I'm able to push it to beast levels for 2 or more hours. Learn to sleep and eat right.

Start some cardio too, 20 mins a day on a cross trainer if your knee is bad. Look into cissus RX for a joint supplement as well as glucosamine and chondroitin.

lol the only thing that hurts on me is my knees, i feel like a monster when i lift

Drumkid20
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM
You sure its nothing mental going on?

Serious question, I broke up with a gorgeous funny girl (cheatin on me, a ripped up freak with a 240 pounder guy who works at an internet based job!?) lost 25 pounds after that happened....basically had all the same stuff you were describing.

Reps to the guy who suggested depression, could very well be the heart of the problem...

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
EDIT: b5 is really important IMO, take IM injections weekly. Just great for overall well being.

how much do you take? seriously just a 500mg daily dose dries my skin out.
and you're right rest and recovery are very important. there are so many people on this website who have suffered horrible injuries at some point.

by the way tinyman if you run/do sprints on an incline it hardly puts any pressure on your knees at all. i used to get sore knees or nagging injuries in my knees quite regularly while i was running out. ever since i switched to a treadmill and use the incline my knees haven't gotten sore in any way at all.

willldabeast
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
overtraining.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
how much do you take? seriously just a 500mg daily dose dries my skin out.
and you're right rest and recovery are very important. there are so many people on this website who have suffered horrible injuries at some point.

by the way tinyman if you run/do sprints on an incline it hardly puts any pressure on your knees at all. i used to get sore knees or nagging injuries in my knees quite regularly while i was running out. ever since i switched to a treadmill and use the incline my knees haven't gotten sore in any way at all.

I would but i make a ton of noise and almost broke a treadmill at my gym doing sprints and our director got PISSSEEEDDD

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I would but i make a ton of noise and almost broke a treadmill at my gym doing sprints and our director got PISSSEEEDDDlol really how do you make that much noise on it? must be a crappy treadmill with a low grade rubber band then. the most noise i make while sprinting is from gasping during recovery time lol. the band hardly makes any noise at all and the music covers it up.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
lol really how do you make that much noise on it? must be a crappy treadmill with a low grade rubber band then.

Im a fatty...lol i love our gym (strong sarcasm), we have one squat rack, 1 power lifting mat, 2 flat benches, one incline bench, every hammer strength machine except chest (the only good one), a ****ty assortment of dumbbells, about 20-30 treadmills that look clean, sleek, and expensive but are in reality crappy and fall apart constantly. One pull up bar.....5 lat pull downs.

justanothagirl
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Im a fatty...lol i love our gym (strong sarcasm), we have one squat rack, 1 power lifting mat, 2 flat benches, one incline bench, every hammer strength machine except chest (the only good one), a ****ty assortment of dumbbells, about 20-30 treadmills that look clean, sleek, and expensive but are in reality crappy and fall apart constantly. One pull up bar.....5 lat pull downs.lol i see...yeah my gym is pretty crappy too that's why i hardly lift there, just do my cardio there which is cool. i miss my old gym. it was so old school and convenient lol. just simple basics. my uni gym is just full of useless machines.

tinyman5000
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
lol i see...yeah my gym is pretty crappy too that's why i hardly lift there, just do my cardio there which is cool. i miss my old gym. it was so old school and convenient lol. just simple basics. my uni gym is just full of useless machines.

i usually train at home but next semeseter im gonna be training in my ****ty school gym.At home all i have is a mini bar a bench an i beam in my garage an incline sit up thing i use for decline bench a dip bar and adjustable db's, but i get my best workouts there.

vata
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE= vata, won't your skin dry out horribly from that much vitamin B-5? i took 500 mg daily for a while in effort to get rid of blemishes but instead my skin just went dry so i quit taking it.[/QUOTE]

That is the reason why vitamin B5 is so effective with acne prone skin - as the lipid metabolism normalizes it will make it less oily; if your getting dry skin that means the B5 is working but now your on the other side of the balance, you need more essential fatty acids + saturated fats (and at least low doses of the other B-vitamins).

RagingDemonJ
11-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I feel most of those things too except for
-Muscular weakness
-Increased allergies
-Decreased sex drive
but it's just mainly from thinking and worrying about things at home, so makes me feel down, going to the gym helps get rid of those feelings for the time I'm there.

Drumkid20
11-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Usually I'll inject b5 @500mg/day, b6@1g/day, b12@1g/day when I choose to take it. Probobly a bit much honestly. Feel great and I've never had problems.

Makaveli0
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I had some of your symptoms...I went to the doc, got a blood test. Turned it was my thyroid, got some meds, and now I feel amazing. Get it checked out.

The Director
11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Happens all the time..actually normal on a cut for me.

Drumkid20
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
^ On Synthroid?

Yeah OP I still say mental issues/depression...

In all honesty, I notice I'm extremely mood dictated by women, in all seriousness. Generally I go for what end up to be whores or have serious mental issues, or the girls tend to just think I look like the kind of guy who will play around at the drop of a hat so its them cheating first.

E90335i
11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I have definitely had all of those same symptoms. It could be something as you are 19 and your body is still going through puberty. Almost all males are going through puberty at that age and your body could be oging through a swing. I would say, try not to nap or anything through theday. Definitely drink a lot of water, which is hard this time of year with less sunlight and cold weather, basically feelings of depression. Drinking a lot of water and even going tanning may help. Try taking a week off and making sure you are eating properly. If I eat pastas, I am extremely sluggish and get random bursts of energy throughout the day. For some reason, potatos and rice never make me feel sluggish and I did get better sleep at night. I would take some omega fatty acids as that will help with your mental sharpness. Stick with it man, you will be fine. Let us know if you are feeling worse.

MossyOak89
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Sounds exactly like me! i experience ALLL of this. I finally went to the doctor after having a MAJOR allergic reaction in the gym and breaking out into full-body hives. I went to the emergency room and had 2 or 3 shots and was hooked up to an IV for about 3 hours. They determined that i simply was overtraining, not eating enough, and not eating the right foods (I ate a suuuupperrrrr low carb diet). Simply, my body finally played out after not getting enough fuel/nourishment. Mom then took me to my doctor, who weighed me....130pounds....and a year and a half ago i was around 180. I hadn't even realized i was dropping this much weight....just trying to get cut. So basically now i'm eating everything i can fit into my body. Opting for 3000+ Calories a day. And hopefully bulking back to my old self, maybe even 200lbs. I do feel much better and i finally realized that its not important to have cut/defined abs and muscles and veins popping out every single day of the year. In the whole reality of things, who really cares unless you get paid to do it for competition???? Sooooo, all this just happened over Thanksgiving, and i am looking forward to seeing if my new diet and training only 3 days a week instead of all 7 will enhance how i feel and my overall health, regardless of how my abs look.

sweety_
11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
diet! cut out grains!

Diana Meeque
11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
most of those describe me to a tee, holy ****. pretty much all of them except the muscular weakness. that part is my own fault for slacking off

MarkVI
11-28-2007, 07:32 PM
diet! cut out grains!

Good idea but that is NOT what causes this -- you guys need to eat eat eat (I speak from experience)

The Director
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Good idea but that is NOT what causes this -- you guys need to eat eat eat (I speak from experience)

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

--

No, wasn't on synthroid.