PDA

View Full Version : Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal

TaxG8r00
09-12-2005, 07:35 AM
I didn't do a search, so this might be a redundant, but Quaker has finally made a no sugar added flavored Oatmeal. I bought some of the Bananabread this weekend and it has 160 calories for a packet with 29 grams of carbs. It only has one gram of sugar, it is sweetened with Splenda. If I remember correctly it has 7 grams of fiber. While I usually make my own Oats with the big tub of Quaker, add a little cinn. and splenda, this is a nice change especially when in a hurry or on the road. I know that the Oats a cut up, not whole so the GI might be a little higher, but all in all it looks like a pretty good product.

mjs78
10-10-2005, 06:44 PM
is this as good a product as regular oats??

jtmOBX
10-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Ive had it, tastes pretty good and like he said it does have a lot more going for it than the normal fast oats. Believe it even has some whey isolate in it (almost trivial amount.)

That said, I dont believe its worth the extra money. You could have a tub off rolled oats for less than a box (of 6 packets.) Plus it being "quick oats" means it will digest some what faster than rolled or steel cut. My opinion is stick to home made(rolled or steel cut), the taste just doesnt justify the price difference.

belaglazov
10-10-2005, 08:46 PM
INGREDIENTS: WHOLE GRAIN ROLLED OATS, MALTODEXTRIN, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS (CONTAINS BARLEY GLUTEN), OAT FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE, GUAR GUM, CINNAMON, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHEN, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SUCRALOSE, NIACINAMIDE*, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, REDUCED IRON, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE*, RIBOFLAVIN*, THIAMIN MONONITRATE*, FOLIC ACID

Yes very healthy ingrediants

belaglazov
10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
It also has .5 grams of trans fat http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/WeightControl/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm

It say 1 gram poly 1 gram mono and .5 grams saturated this adds up to 2.5 grams yet the nutrition label says total 3 grams of fat. Here's the trick. If it's .5 or a little less they have the right to say 0 grams trans fat

bodybuilder45
10-10-2005, 09:29 PM
it is most definitely high GI as it contains a considerable amount of malto. they are just using it as a sugar substitiute so the label can claim 1g of sugar. maltodextrin is just as bad.

JamesInLA
10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
It also has .5 grams of trans fat http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/WeightControl/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm

It say 1 gram poly 1 gram mono and .5 grams saturated this adds up to 2.5 grams yet the nutrition label says total 3 grams of fat. Here's the trick. If it's .5 or a little less they have the right to say 0 grams trans fat
It could just as well have 1.1g poly, 1.2g mono and 0.5g sat, or some similar combination that rounds to 3.