PDA

View Full Version : My BUN level is high. What should I do

GJWrestle878
09-10-2005, 03:26 PM
My doctor told me yesterday my BUN level is abnormally high. He said no high protein diets right now. What is considered a high protein diet. Right now my macronutrient ratio is 50Carb:25Fat:25Protein. So I wouldnt necessarily consider that a high protein diet. I am thinking just jacking up the water intake. I am 110 lbs. and take in 120-130 grams of protein everyday. That is an extremely accurate number by the way.

hockeydude27
09-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Honestly if you strict to any kind of strict diet your readings on most medical tests are gonna be off. I have had a ton of tests over the summer for various things (actually just had a BMR blood test this past week and all these doctors thought I was diabetic or hyper glycemic **no idea how a MEDICAL DOCTOR came to that conclusion** because my glucose levels were all messed up but it's really because I eat very little sugar, it's just how my diet works out. But in terms of your BUN readings make your doctors happy until they sort stuff out and make sure your healthy THEN go back to a higher protein diet, because there is nothing wrong with it, but it is nice to eliminate certain variables if there is something wrong with you medically.