PDA

View Full Version : So yea..i learned the hard way

Itz Pointless
09-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Ive been cutting for a couple of weeks now and its been going pretty good. Ive been feeling better and stronger. Well today (because of my schedule)..i decided to do cardio and lifting at the same session. Today was 45 Minutes of low/medium impact training on a bike and an upper body day for lifting. Im used to waking up, taking a protein shake, and doin the cardio fasted. Well today i forgot i was gonna lift too..so i did the full session, which last about two hours, without any food at all. Ive always heard it isnt good to do that, but i forgot ..ha. After about 45 minutes or so my stomach began to hurt pretty bad...and only got worse. By the end of the workout i felt like i was going to throw up. It hurt to do any of the exercises..but i did complete the workout. Does this sound like a result from waking up and doing a workout fasted?..or should i be worried about something else..ha..thanks

Def2k1
09-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I dunno man, maybe you were pushing yourself too hard. I do fasted cardio/lifting on a regular basis the same way you described what you did and I feel great every time.

madman911
09-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Did you lift first or do cardio first? You should always lift before cardio. I workout fasted regularly and I feel great afterwards, but I imagine I'd feel like crap if I did the cardio first and then did my lifts. You should always lift first. After cardio, you'll have no glycogen to fuel your lifts. It actually enhances the fat burning effects of cardio if you lift first because that will deplete your glycogen stores and you'll start using fat for energy when you do your cardio. Some will say that you'll start burning away your muscles if you do cardio fasted and after lifts but I track my body composition and my LBM has never fluctuated by more than 0.5 lb. It works for me at least but to each his own.

tfg
09-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I usually try to do my cardio in the morning and then lift later on but sometimes it just doesn't happen. So I have to do it after I lift, which kind of sucks. You should try to break it up, but if you have to you have to do it after lifting. My stomach sometimes is a little upset but I never really get to the point of almost wanting to throw up. You should always eat something before doing any kind of activity, but it should be like an hour before and not too heavy of a meal.

Itz Pointless
09-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Yea i did it before lifting..so i guess thats why..I guess from now on if i have to do them at the same session, ill do cardio last. Thanks guys

skelooth
09-01-2005, 04:23 PM
sounds like you were dehydrated. Exercise dehydrated = cramps

Khryz
09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Fasted cardio .. eeeek.

Itz Pointless
09-01-2005, 06:59 PM
awesome guys..thanks for the help... aaaah on a side note...i want pizza so bad...this is killing me hah

Khryz
09-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Have pizza, and tell me how you feel afterwards. Tell me you don't feel weak (mentally), regret it immediately, and actually probably feel sick too.

Having a cheat every once in awhile helps you NOT cheat regularly because you remind yourself of how 'bad' you feel.