PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1 of South Beach--Need a no carb shake

IanHummel
08-31-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm currently on phase one of the south beach diet which severely restricts carbs. The cravings are here, but I've been strong. What really sucks is changing my whole partying lifestyle. I go out now, just drink bottled water. When I get a crazy itch, I'll have at most 1 bacardi and diet, but even then it's rarely. I'm wondering what a good tasting no carb protien shake is? I'm in school and highly involved with my fraternity and my work as a bartender and a promoter so I'm always on the move and a quick no carb shake would fit my lifestyle great, however, I dont want some horrible tasting thing that I choke to get down. What are some suggestions of brands that I can get here on Bodybuilding.com?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

SexyChic
08-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm currently on phase one of the south beach diet which severely restricts carbs. The cravings are here, but I've been strong. What really sucks is changing my whole partying lifestyle. I go out now, just drink bottled water. When I get a crazy itch, I'll have at most 1 bacardi and diet, but even then it's rarely. I'm wondering what a good tasting no carb protien shake is? I'm in school and highly involved with my fraternity and my work as a bartender and a promoter so I'm always on the move and a quick no carb shake would fit my lifestyle great, however, I dont want some horrible tasting thing that I choke to get down. What are some suggestions of brands that I can get here on Bodybuilding.com?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Here's some advice so that you don't waste your time/regain all your lost weight...
Diets ARE NOT long term... there is no way that you will be able to stick to this for long periods of time.
If you really want to achieve your goals and if you are serious about making those changes, make it a lifestyle change not a fad diet.

rockstarsar
08-31-2005, 04:47 PM
South Beach Diet is a joke, ditch it.

IanHummel
08-31-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm in the process of making that lifetime change, but it all starts with the diet which is what I'm working on now. I'm not just going for a short term 10 lbs gone then saying **** it. I asked for a good shake, that's all.

AA1826
08-31-2005, 07:00 PM
If i remember correctly..you still eat carbs on phase I..like chick peas and kidney beans. There's a list of acceptable foods..you should look at it again. It's definitely not a low carb diet and it definetly DOES work. It really isn't a diet but a lifestyle but a lot of the people on this board won't give it any consideration just because its become popular (so i guess that means its a fad).

Anyway though to answer your question about no carb protein shakes...Myoplex makes a carb sense protein shake (it has like 5 carbs)..also AdvantEdge Makes a Low Carb shake with 1 net carb. They only taste good if they are very cold. lol and if you're hungry you'll drink them no problem.

Something to consider: Dont' go drinking 10 a day because a) calories b) they contain about 3 grams of fat (depending on brand)....and South Beach restricts fat like no other..

hope i helped

carlh_uk
09-01-2005, 12:45 AM
hi ian, it seems you have the same frame of mind that i had. but you really should listen to these people, i tried a variety of "diets" before i decided i really needed to do it properly.

basically as soon as you come off a diet (you wont do it forever - if you do then its just as bad) your metabolism will b low, meaning that you will simply put on most of the weight you lost. thats why im am faced with having to try and reset my metabolism currently as im finding it near impossible to loose any bodyfat.

it seems you have basically made your mind up, so i guess ill see you in a few months when you realise it hasnt worked. it may not be what you want to hear, but its the truth, we dnt say these things for the fun of it. so take the advice now mate and dont make the mistake most others make.

HOLLA BACK!
09-01-2005, 12:52 AM

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Any of these "wacky" diets are only meant to make you feel like you have newfound power . Like they tell you the "special conditions" will give you an edge you never had before. They are just lying to you and appealing to your sense of desperation.

Adam444
09-01-2005, 02:56 AM
The 3 carbs in Whey will not stop you from losing weight. Stop buying into all these BS diets...

Andrew69
09-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Two scoops of your favourite flavoured whey (preferably wpi) in 16 oz water with three table spoons of heavy whipping cream and a little bit of splenda to taste.
Low carb and tastes almost as good as a milk shake.

I dont want to here any crap about the fat content either guys...OK? :D

L_Asso
09-01-2005, 07:11 AM

Thanks in advance,
Ian

I've heard the S.Beach diet greatly reduces fat, but chances are you're going to regain it (unless you have an amazing self-control) fast when you start eating solids again, why not do a plain simple diet were you watch your calorie count with healthier foods, not drinks, sure it will take some time, but at least you have a less chance of "pigging out" and ruining everything, just avoid sugars and carb loaded foods like white bread, and potatoes, instead eat whole grain bread, etc. Good luck!

JSmile
09-01-2005, 07:19 AM
dude first read my sig, then you'll know where I'm coming from.

Now, it sucks being on one of these fad diets where you can only eat certain food. Try 40/40/20. Eating close to 3000calories everyday has changed my life. I'm never hungry really, just ready for my next meal. My system feels great. I have more energy to work out.

We're trying to help you and not waste your time and effort. You've made the first step, which is trying to lose weight. We're just here to help you on your journey.

MsDominatus
09-01-2005, 08:47 AM
I will answer your question w/out criticizing, to each their own and whatever works for you works for you.

The whey that I use is called Designer Whey. You can get it at GNC. I'm pretty sure it only has like 2 carbs in it - if you click on a flavor (I like strawberry, but have chocolate right now - chocolate doesn't mix so well w/out a blender handY) - it will give you the nutrition information.

http://www.designerwhey.com/

Good luck. This stuff is pretty good!

MsDominatus
09-01-2005, 08:49 AM

Thanks in advance,
Ian

I know plenty of people who have gone from losing on a low carb diet, to slowly working their way back to normal, healthy eating and through exercise and maintenance calories have not gained weight back. Do not listen to these people, as long as you're dedicated to either A) the south beach life style (which isn't as low carb as people think - it's really just about the right carbs.. which if any of these people are folllowing the diet they should be, are already eating anyways.) or B) after you lose the weight, work hard to remain healthy, work out, etc - rather than just assume your work is done - because staying health and fit is ALSO a life style.

Good luck.