PDA

View Full Version : On the Go Meals?

Pak Man
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
There are certain days I lounge around my apartment, and others where I am out for 6-8 hours in the day. My lunch and dinner for those days I pack the night before and take with me in a cooler. For my mid meal snacks though, ive always used a whole wheat bagel and a scoop of protien. Ive kinda layed off the bagels lately and have been eating rolled oats in its place as a snack. The problem is oats are easy when im at home because I can cook them, but they arent very portable. Should I just eat them raw or would it be better if i ground them up and just mixed it with my shake?? I just want my mid morning and mid afternoon snacks to be something low GI and high protien and soemthign I can take with me and not worry about making a mess or refrigeration.

inprogress2
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
There are certain days I lounge around my apartment, and others where I am out for 6-8 hours in the day. My lunch and dinner for those days I pack the night before and take with me in a cooler. For my mid meal snacks though, ive always used a whole wheat bagel and a scoop of protien. Ive kinda layed off the bagels lately and have been eating rolled oats in its place as a snack. The problem is oats are easy when im at home because I can cook them, but they arent very portable. Should I just eat them raw or would it be better if i ground them up and just mixed it with my shake?? I just want my mid morning and mid afternoon snacks to be something low GI and high protien and soemthign I can take with me and not worry about making a mess or refrigeration.

I blend my oats and put in my shake it takes some getting use 2 also when bulkin u might try steel cut oats (twice the cals as rolled)

Pak Man
08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
great thanks!

inprogress2
08-30-2005, 06:43 AM
some blenders don't work as well u may want to get a cofee grinder ($18) but my blender does fine

here is a link to steel cut oats, if u wanna try them, they have more calories. but i let mine soak in water the blend them for my shakes do a search. Im normally in the supplement forum and there are plenty of threads there about oats.

https://www.bobsredmill.com/catalog/index.php?action=showdetails&product_ID=279

rockstarsar
08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
As Cynical would say, search for "tupperware" or "portable."