PDA

View Full Version : The Costs of Bulking

CaptainSwole
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I've been bulking now for months. Its like my bank account shrinks as my body grows. I've gotten Big n' Broke, lol.

I've been trying to eat where ever i can for free (mom's house, college cafeteria, work, etc.) but i still about go bankrupt trying to eat massive amounts of good food. The only supps i use are: Weightgainer (when i'm in a hurry), Whey Isolate (before + after workout), flax oil, fish oil, multi-v, and beef liver pills.

I was just wondering if anyone could post strategies to eat good for less.

I guess i need to get a Costco or sam's club membership....

pm39120
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
well you could live off of rice or oats and chicken but that would get old pretty quick

B.O.L.A.
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
20 lb bag of rice can be bought for about $12 where I am. Eggs, chicken, PB and cottage cheese aren't that expensive, are they? I have the same problem and I've gone supplement free for about 2 months now. It sucks.

eD8y
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
well i live in a part of the world where supplements & many conventional bodybuilding foods are nearly 2x the price so i am constantly trying to build muscle within a budget. I keep expenditures on supplements to a minimum.. whey, a multi, creatine & flax seed are wat i use & that too sparingly. Whole foods are much cheaper & i take whey only after my workout coz thats really the only time fast digesting protien is needed, or maybe half a scoop in the morning upon waking.. unlike many people who consume it 2 - 3 times a day( its 70$ for the 5lb tub here!). i have to make sacrifices on taste also, specially when it comes to veggies & buy the ones that are cheapest.

this might help

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/borland6.htm

more than anything its common sense & one should avoid getting too excited abt someone else's diet & supplementation tat may be hard on the wallet & just train hard in the gym !

gorex
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
why whey shake before workout?

feel any real difference? (I usually eat short term carbs ie dates, banana before my workout)

The Solution
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I've been bulking now for months. Its like my bank account shrinks as my body grows. I've gotten Big n' Broke, lol.

I've been trying to eat where ever i can for free (mom's house, college cafeteria, work, etc.) but i still about go bankrupt trying to eat massive amounts of good food. The only supps i use are: Weightgainer (when i'm in a hurry), Whey Isolate (before + after workout), flax oil, fish oil, multi-v, and beef liver pills.

I was just wondering if anyone could post strategies to eat good for less.

I guess i need to get a Costco or sam's club membership....

yeah a costco and sams club would be a great idea..

and to eat big.. you can keep it very simple.. its what u might start having to do on a tight budget

Protein -- Eggs, Milk, Chicken
Carbs - Oats, Rice
Fats - Peanut Butter + Yolks from Eggs
Fruits/Veggies

u might not get much variety but u can buy these excessivly in bulk and really make a living off of it..

maybe cutdown on the supps for money and spend some more on whole foods.. it will give u the same results in the end as long as ur calories come out the same

health4life
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Coscto is my best friend - quality goods, and everything there in bulk. Word of warning though - you have to know your prices before you buy big - cause you can also get ripped off big!

crazymutha
11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
cutdown on the supps for money and spend some more on whole foods.

That's it.

1) Food

2) Training

3) Sleep

4) Supplements

supplements are optional, food is not.

Cable Curling CincoUno
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
i find when I'm in a bind the first thing to go is the dairy its so freaking expensive. eggs, oats and tuna tend to be my best friend when I'm low on money.