PDA

View Full Version : interesting piece of information regarding cardio

Buff_Daddy
12-20-2001, 01:31 AM
just thought id share this info, from Paul Cribb, AST researcher

"Short duration, intense exercise aAs opposed to low intensity-long duration exercise, is shown by research to be more effective for fat loss. It more effective because it elevates the metabolism to a greater extent for a longer period of time. While intense aerobic/cardio work is best for overall fat loss, it does catabolize muscle amino acids that would cause muscle breakdown. If you perform intense cardio work without providing the right nutritional environment, then muscle loss is assured. This is one reason many bodybuilders lose too much size when attempting to diet for competition

Performing your cardio work first thing in the AM will "stoke" your metabolism for the rest of the day. This ensures much of your daily calorie intake goes toward muscle recuperation and not fat accumulation. However, performing cardio work on an empty stomach first thing (upon waking) does not "force the body to burn more fat", this is a myth. It does induce muscle breakdown to provide amino acids for fuel during exercise. Performing cardio work in the morning is beneficial, but do not do it on an empty stomach"

Original Poster
12-20-2001, 05:29 AM
I found it Buff, ignor my last post about where are your references about this claim.

Original Poster
12-20-2001, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Buff_Daddy
just thought id share this info, from Paul Cribb, AST researcher

However, performing cardio work on an empty stomach first thing (upon waking) does not "force the body to burn more fat", this is a myth. It does induce muscle breakdown to provide amino acids for fuel during exercise. Performing cardio work in the morning is beneficial, but do not do it on an empty stomach"

Buff,

There is no evidence or explanation why. Where's the science?
The author works for a supp company. Are we really to believe this without proof.

Again I ask...."WHERE IS THE BEEF"

Thanks buff

fitnessman
12-20-2001, 06:38 AM
When dieting down I have always opted for glutamine(10g) before cardio and 1/2 serving protien shake afterwards.

I have found that the whole empty stomach or not thing really varies by individual.

Buff_Daddy
12-20-2001, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Chi_town

Buff,

There is no evidence or explanation why. Where's the science?
The author works for a supp company. Are we really to believe this without proof.

Again I ask...."WHERE IS THE BEEF"

Thanks buff

true, just thought id share it though, i thought he explained the science in the article, if you mean where is his proof, then i dunno

Dorian
12-20-2001, 09:42 AM
I agree that intensive cardio is muscle wasting, but i do not agree about first thing in the morning cardio. I beleive that once you have worked out and glycogen stores are lowered to nil, then is the excellent time to perform a mild cardio session. I myself dislike cardio If I have to do it then I adjust my weight lifting to use it for the cardio segment. I think the last time I did a real cardio session( not talking about a dance routine) was about 2 years ago.To muscle wasting for me.

Original Poster
12-20-2001, 10:14 AM
thanks buff_daddy.

Isn't that how we all learn from time to time.