PDA

View Full Version : Omega Power JOLT vs. Neurotism + C vs. Ergopharm's AMP vs. Other nrg supps

LightsOut06
08-20-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm looking for a supplement to take for energy and focus not during workout but during school. I have a hard time focusing and staying awake in class. I'm not a morning person at all. No matter how much sleep i find it hard to stay awake in class. I need something to give me a energy spike for the mornings and last throughout the day. I want it to heighten my focus as well throughout the day. Like i said before i dont want this for a workout enhancer as i have no problem with energy, focus, and motivation while working out. I only have these problems with school. I tried taking pure caffien but it makes me jittery as hell and lightheaded. I'm looking for something that doesnt provide jittery energy but smooth energy. And before people come in here and flame, i've already searched all the products in the topic. Alot of the stuff is kinda new so the logs weren't really extensive except for the AMP logs. What are some of you guy's experiences with these products? Did the energy and focus last all day? Did it give you the jitters? Was it worth it? Thanks alot.

LightsOut06
08-21-2005, 11:43 AM
bump

G.W. Hayduke
08-21-2005, 11:56 AM
In terms of school-type energy, I would defnitely go with the NEW Power Jolt. I don't know if BB.com has it yet or not, but the new version has sulbutiamine in it which, along with the rhodiola and ALCAR makes for a great brain-energy combo. And the other ingredients will work well for a smooth energy.

AMP is definitely only for preworkout in my opinion. Neurostim is good all around but lacks the rhodiola which becomes a star both immediately and in longterm usage. Plus, Power Jolt stands out with the sulbutiamine.

You might also take a look at Omega Cerebral.

LightsOut06
08-21-2005, 12:13 PM
In terms of school-type energy, I would defnitely go with the NEW Power Jolt. I don't know if BB.com has it yet or not, but the new version has sulbutiamine in it which, along with the rhodiola and ALCAR makes for a great brain-energy combo. And the other ingredients will work well for a smooth energy.

AMP is definitely only for preworkout in my opinion. Neurostim is good all around but lacks the rhodiola which becomes a star both immediately and in longterm usage. Plus, Power Jolt stands out with the sulbutiamine.

You might also take a look at Omega Cerebral.

thanks. a bunch. Great info. So the power jolt they sell at bb.com isn't the reformulated version? It is pretty cheap so I was kinda leaning towards it. I wonder if the reformulated version will be more expensive.

matpal
08-21-2005, 06:08 PM
BB.com should have the reformulated version sometime this week. It will retail for the same price.

And as Aeternitatis suggested, the new Jolt + Cerebral is wicked good if I do say so myself.

aceman0920
08-21-2005, 06:19 PM
can ya stack the two matt?

kendog
08-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I've been taking neurostim for 3-4 days now. I think it's really weak. The effects are so mild I have to pay close attention to how it's affecting me. I threw in 100mg caffeine with neuro, still not that great. If your looking for hardcore stim, I'd look elsewhere. I guess Neurostim slightly enchances focus, but certainly doesnt give any real energy.

G.W. Hayduke
08-21-2005, 07:39 PM
can ya stack the two matt?
Hell yes!

Cerebral and Power Jolt would be very very noticeable. I haven't used Cerebral but I've used must of what in it before and I know that the combo would be better than anythign out there right now. And I'm talking for all around effectiveness. I mean, if you just wanna get wired, 600mg of caffeine and some ephedrine will do that. But if you want smooth alertness, improved cognition, and the longterm benefits of adaptogens, nothing beats Cerebral and Power Jolt right now. I mean, damn, the rhodiola and bacopa alone feel great but with all the additions... I just can't even speak.... ahhhh.

The only thing similar I can think of is Diesel Fuel.

G.W. Hayduke
08-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I've been taking neurostim for 3-4 days now. I think it's really weak. The effects are so mild I have to pay close attention to how it's affecting me. I threw in 100mg caffeine with neuro, still not that great. If your looking for hardcore stim, I'd look elsewhere. I guess Neurostim slightly enchances focus, but certainly doesnt give any real energy.
Yes, Neurostim can be weak for those who have been too accustomed to the overt stims like ephedrine and caffeine. I personally prefer "sexier" energizers like sulbutiamine, rhodiola, bacopa, chocamine, etc.

G.W. Hayduke
08-21-2005, 07:42 PM
BB.com should have the reformulated version sometime this week. It will retail for the same price.

And as Aeternitatis suggested, the new Jolt + Cerebral is wicked good if I do say so myself.
Mat, if you don't mind me asking, in Cerebral, why did you use DMAE instead of centrophenoxine? From what I understand, CPH does everything better.

LightsOut06
08-23-2005, 11:59 AM
^bump looking for some opinions from AMP users.

drewkowsky
08-23-2005, 05:27 PM
AMP is probably the best enery supp I've ever used

Stormrider
08-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I have used Neurostim as a pre-"study" supplement in the past and did noticed I concentrated better and seemed to retain what I was learning better. To make sure it wasn't just me, I shared my Neurostim with my brother and another friend and they both reported the same thing.

Kledz
08-23-2005, 06:09 PM

bar none

LightsOut06
08-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Just good for preworkout energy, or does it help with focus during the day also? What are your experiences with it? Like I said im not going to be using this for preworkout energy.

LightsOut06
08-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Just good for preworkout energy, or does it help with focus during the day also? What are your experiences with it? Like I said im not going to be using this for preworkout energy.
one more bump and im done with this thread.

matpal
08-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Mat, if you don't mind me asking, in Cerebral, why did you use DMAE instead of centrophenoxine? From what I understand, CPH does everything better.

I did not have access to the centr. at the time it was being formulated.