PDA

View Full Version : The Yankee organization makes fools out of themselves once again

Deviant
11-15-2007, 04:42 PM
After declaring...

"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Hank Steinbrenner told the Daily News last night. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field. I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be a Yankee."

just two weeks ago, the Yankees are on the verge of signing A-Rod to the largest contract in major league baseball history. Largest contract in MLB history to a guy with half the postseason RBI's of Red Sox starter Daisuke Matsuaka over the past three seasons.

Everyone laughed at Tom Hicks when he gave A-Rod his record $252 million dollar contract. Well, the Yanks have topped that, to an A-Rod who is 7 years older.

"We're not going to back down," Steinbrenner said. "It's goodbye."

May the Yankee playoff futility continue for years to come :)

http://www.waswatching.com/archives/HanktoARod.jpg

Mikehc69
11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
u mad? ;)

Huse
11-15-2007, 05:58 PM
u mad? ;)

I think all sox fans are happy :)

FBDEDICATED83_gone
11-15-2007, 05:59 PM
it just shows you...dont take anyones word for anything in the world of sports....

Deviant
11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I think all sox fans are happy :)

Amen to that.

I didn't want this scumbag in a Red Sox uniform. He can continue to lead the Yankees to first round exits.

yanksbgood
11-16-2007, 12:22 AM
hank steinbrenner is an idiot just running his mouth and not backing it up

as for arod, he has great regular seasons and you cannot deny that. HE carried the team this year, although yes when october comes he just dissappears

JIGSAW
11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Amen to that.

I didn't want this scumbag in a Red Sox uniform. He can continue to lead the Yankees to first round exits.

BLAH BLAH BLAH...we would'nt even make the playoffs without A-Rod Last year.........and 56 HR's, 156 RBI's.....can't replace that. I'm glad we got him locked up for 10 years. Who cares about the $$$, I ain't paying it.....

97srad750
11-16-2007, 06:00 AM
BLAH BLAH BLAH...we would'nt even make the playoffs without A-Rod Last year.........and 56 HR's, 156 RBI's.....can't replace that. I'm glad we got him locked up for 10 years. Who cares about the $$$, I ain't paying it.....

Yeah 10 more years of not delivering in crunch time.

stone fox
11-16-2007, 06:09 AM
That s quite the U-Turn isnt it. How do the Yankee fans feel about this?? After all they werent that happy with Mr. NOctober to begin with....

yanksbgood
11-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Amen to that.

Youre going to be a hypocrite on this issue because you knew if the yanks didnt sign him they would have a much inferior team to the sox next year, while if they did sign him you can just rip on the yanks for doing so. Its a win-win situation for you.

Huse
11-16-2007, 11:10 AM
hank steinbrenner is an idiot just running his mouth and not backing it up

as for arod, he has great regular seasons and you cannot deny that. HE carried the team this year, although yes when october comes he just dissappears

you're right, but having a monstrous regular season means diddly squat if you play like complete garbage in the post season. I would take a Red Sox team that placed second place and made wild card every regular season if that meant I had a better post season team, anyone would

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
i already stated

but somehow yankees fan spin it to make it look like the yankees didnt just back down in their word and bow down to arod and let him do what wants

ny fans cant see it that way cuz it makes the yanks seem soft

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
i cant wait for arod to NOT have an april like he did last year and the fans start booin him and he'll realize why he wanted to leave new york in previous years

yanksbgood
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
i already stated

but somehow yankees fan spin it to make it look like the yankees didnt just back down in their word and bow down to arod and let him do what wants

ny fans cant see it that way cuz it makes the yanks seem soft
I dont think they really bowed down to him. I think its just negotiations. Both sides were playing hard ball, and then both sides caved in.

Either way hank showed up boras because boras had arod opt out of that contract during the WS and create all that stir and then in the end boras wasnt even present when arod came crawling back to the yankees.

So really neither side did what it said. Arod didnt skip town, and hank didnt cease the negotiations. But, it was the fact that hank was willing to let arod go, that got the yanks this cheaper deal. Obviously there was some risk to the yanks involved because they let arod go on the FA market.

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
dude arod did exactly what he wanted to do

the yankess the did exactly what they werent gonna do

arod got to opt out and STILL get payed more by the yankees

yanks said if he opts out they will not go after him

and they end up paying him MORE

who won?

clearly arod

yanks got a cheaper deal?

arod was making 25 mil
now hes making 27.5

before texas was paying part of the contract
cuz he opted out, now the yanks have to pay ALL of his ****

yanksbgood
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
The yanks planned on offering him an extension that would have been 10 years 300 mill.

Boras said he would not accept a deal under 350 mill. The deal was 275 mill. How can you say boras didnt lose anything?

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
boras didnt lose money he never got
he llost it in his head

but in the yanks bank account, they are paying him more money

if i lose money i only imagined on getting, i didnt really lose real money, i lost imaginary money

the yanks paid extra actual money a guy they just said they dont want if he opts out, he opted out, the yanks gave him extra money

97srad750
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
The yanks planned on offering him an extension that would have been 10 years 300 mill.

Boras said he would not accept a deal under 350 mill. The deal was 275 mill. How can you say boras didnt lose anything?

With incentives, that he will reach. Yeah he didn't get what he had hoped, but let's no kid ourselves it's 275 million dollars no matter how you spin it. Noboby lost out, except the Yankees in October.

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 11:31 AM
the major incentive is breaking the all time record, he can break that but it will be a long time from now and alot of things have to go right

i just dont know why arod would sign a contract for 10 years in NY, i think just like they cheered him last year, they were booin him all the years past and he wanted to leave, he starts to phuck up and the boos will rain down real quick, dont doubt that
but yea, 10 years is job security to the max in pro sports

yanksbgood
11-16-2007, 11:32 AM
With incentives, that he will reach. Yeah he didn't get what he had hoped, but let's no kid ourselves it's 275 million dollars no matter how you spin it. Noboby lost out, except the Yankees in October.
Hes due for a good october. Can he honestly play the next 10 years in NY with a MAXIMUM of 5 postseason RBI assuming the yanks make the postseason every year?

Rationally one would have to expect him to break out of the slump eventually.

97srad750
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Hes due for a good october. Can he honestly play the next 10 years in NY with a MAXIMUM of 5 postseason RBI assuming the yanks make the postseason every year?

Rationally one would have to expect him to break out of the slump eventually.

The law of averages certainly says so, but for a guy that has everything going for him he is overly sensitive. Yeah he is definately due.

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 11:47 AM
idunno....to me the playoffs are special, you can throw numbers out the window.....its all about who performs and who wants it more....thats how a team like the yankees who always have a roster that supposed to easily win the series hasnt done so.....numbers go out the door, the series is great cuz anything can and will happen.....numbers dont matter....its possible he never really does break out of his postseason slump like everyone wants him to, but it is logical to think he's due and so it will happen

BIG JOHNNY C
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Why are the Red Sox fans bitchin, they overpaid for Dice K last year its what you guys (Sox, Yanks) do

97srad750
11-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Why are the Red Sox fans bitchin, they overpaid for Dice K last year its what you guys (Sox, Yanks) do

Overpaid in the bonus, but he was only a rookie last year. And it's hard to argue the Red Sox moves with two rings in 4 years.

Negatron617
11-16-2007, 12:02 PM
we're not bitchin

we're actually laughin

i think you might be tho

BIG JOHNNY C
11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Not a Yankee fan so no not bitchin

GatorsIn09
11-16-2007, 12:24 PM
lol im a yankee fan and im laughing.

cause we threw down 270, now we're throwin down 55 mill to try to intice lowell.

man its awesome when youre team wants to win so much that its willing to overpay and not care.

must suck for you guys that like teams who pocket the money, and care about overspending- me ill stick with the yanks and enjoy watching arod play for the next 10 years cause man watchin him hit HRs all year is damn fun

Mikehc69
11-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I firmly believe that he will be apart of a World Series team at least ONCE in the next 10 years. Its bound to happen.

JIGSAW
11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
lol im a yankee fan and im laughing.

cause we threw down 270, now we're throwin down 55 mill to try to intice lowell.

man its awesome when youre team wants to win so much that its willing to overpay and not care.

must suck for you guys that like teams who pocket the money, and care about overspending- me ill stick with the yanks and enjoy watching arod play for the next 10 years cause man watchin him hit HRs all year is damn fun

I'm glad we kept him too....Barry Bonds was a postseason choker, REMEMBER BOSTON FANS? Then against anaheim he broke out......they didn't win the series but he BROKE OUT OF THE SLUMP...A-Rod will too............its only a matter of time.......

natespeer
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Overpaid in the bonus, but he was only a rookie last year. And it's hard to argue the Red Sox moves with two rings in 4 years.

i don't care if they got 2 rings or not, JD Drew was a horrible move

97srad750
11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
i don't care if they got 2 rings or not, JD Drew was a horrible move

Check those september through the playoffs numbers and you wouldn't think so. It was his first year in the American League.

In the end Arod will make 300 million off of this contract.

BIG JOHNNY C
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Sox fans like to bring up 2 rings in 4 years, the rest of us laugh and look at the real picture 2 rings in a hundred years. They have lots of catchin up to do

Huse
11-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Sox fans like to bring up 2 rings in 4 years, the rest of us laugh and look at the real picture 2 rings in a hundred years. They have lots of catchin up to do

and the rest of us laugh at yankee fans who are still caught up with events that happened way before they were born. I mean ****, ido you even realize how pathetic you look when you can only cling onto events that you weren't even there for?

BIG JOHNNY C
11-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Forgot your just a babe

Huse
11-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Forgot your just a babe

And you're "38" who has a username in all capitols. I thought that was only reserved for 13 year olds looking for attention

BIG JOHNNY C
11-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Big man big letters skinny

yanksbgood
11-16-2007, 11:23 PM
and the rest of us laugh at yankee fans who are still caught up with events that happened way before they were born. I mean ****, ido you even realize how pathetic you look when you can only cling onto events that you weren't even there for?
Excuse me, but I lived through the 90's dynasty. We won the world series 3 years in a row, and we were an innning away from making that 4 in a row. The sox still have alot of catching up to do.

NYY
11-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Excuse me, but I lived through the 90's dynasty. We won the world series 3 years in a row, and we were an innning away from making that 4 in a row. The sox still have alot of catching up to do.

Same here.

It's amazing how Red Sox fans are becoming what they always hated. 2 world series going to your head?

Huse
11-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Same here.

It's amazing how Red Sox fans are becoming what they always hated. 2 world series going to your head?

I don't understand, where do Sox fans brag about their WS wins?

Deviant
11-18-2007, 09:21 AM
I dont think they really bowed down to him. I think its just negotiations. Both sides were playing hard ball, and then both sides caved in.

Of course the Yankees front office bowed down to him.

Imagine telling your workplace that you weren't happy and you were going to find another place of employment. After realizing that nowhere else is going to give you the kind of money you were looking for, you go back to your old job - the one you voluntarily left - and they give you MORE MONEY.

A-Rod and Scott Boras PLAYED the Yankees.

Deviant
11-18-2007, 09:23 AM

Who's bitching about the resigning? I'm happy the Yanks resigned A-Rod; just look at what they've done the last 4 years with him on the team.

As for Dice-K, he had a disappointing first year, but he was adjusting to a new league and a new country. Look at Josh Beckett's first season in 2006, and the season he just had.

And even with a "bad" Dice-K, the Sox were still able to win it all.

GatorsIn09
11-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Of course the Yankees front office bowed down to him.

Imagine telling your workplace that you weren't happy and you were going to find another place of employment. After realizing that nowhere else is going to give you the kind of money you were looking for, you go back to your old job - the one you voluntarily left - and they give you MORE MONEY.

A-Rod and Scott Boras PLAYED the Yankees.

lol its amazing that you could know so little about what actually happened.
The yankees were going to give him that money before too, but boras wanted 350 mil. So they said no, go somewhere else, the yankees knew nobody had the money. The owner of the angels said he didnt even have half. So then alex couldnt even use his agent to negotiate with the yankees because boras is such a prick.

arod got 270 mil
the yankees didnt pay 350 mil and still got the best player in baseball back, and already planned on paying it.

how did they get played? oh thats right youre just looking for a reason to say something bad about the yankees. obviously they dont care about spending 270 mil so why do you? bowing down woulda been giving him the full amount, but good call pal

Deviant
11-18-2007, 09:30 AM
how did they get played?

Maybe because two weeks after declaring A-Rod didn't want to be a Yankee and that "It's Goodbye", he's signed to the largest contract in the history of sports? Just a thought.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/10/28/2007-10-28_hank_steinbrenner_says_goodbye_to_arod.html

"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Hank Steinbrenner told the Daily News last night. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field.

"I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be a Yankee."

"We're not going to back down," Steinbrenner said. "It's goodbye."

GatorsIn09
11-18-2007, 12:23 PM
BECAUSE THE YANKEES WOULD NOT GO TO THE TABLE WHEN SCOTT BORAS DEMANDED A 350 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!

how do you not realize that? the yankees said no and arod couldnt get 350. so now he had to go backchannel with the yankees without his agent and sign for 80 million less. can you just not comprehend this? they said they didnt want him back because he wanted 350 then and didint communicate with them. so all the sudden he comes back, wants less, and youre willing to pay what he wants, because thats what their orignal offer was anyway!

you serious have a comprehension problem. Or your kiddy crush on the red sox is blurring you judgement

oh btw i just repped you in another thread so its not that I have a problem with you, I just think you dont really understand what happend man

yanksbgood
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
BECAUSE THE YANKEES WOULD NOT GO TO THE TABLE WHEN SCOTT BORAS DEMANDED A 350 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!

how do you not realize that? the yankees said no and arod couldnt get 350. so now he had to go backchannel with the yankees without his agent and sign for 80 million less. can you just not comprehend this? they said they didnt want him back because he wanted 350 then and didint communicate with them. so all the sudden he comes back, wants less, and youre willing to pay what he wants, because thats what their orignal offer was anyway!

you serious have a comprehension problem. Or your kiddy crush on the red sox is blurring you judgement

oh btw i just repped you in another thread so its not that I have a problem with you, I just think you dont really understand what happend man
He does, hes just being immature because hes a red sox fan.

Negatron617
11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
say what you want

i will simplify

yankees: if arod opts out we dont want him, he can leave, we wont take him

arod: hey im opting out

yankees: fine leave, we said if you opt we dont want you

arod: guys, wassup, i wanna come back, and you still have to pay me more

yankees: you did opt out, and we did say we wouldnt take you back, okay phuck it, we'll take you back AND pay you more than you were making

i dont see how yankee fans can say that Arod didnt get what he wanted, more money, and that the yankees didnt go back on their word which they repeated multiple times

if you cant admit that you shouldnt ever argue anything, what i just said is undeniable

SpeedDemon9
11-18-2007, 01:52 PM
say what you want

i will simplify

yankees: if arod opts out we dont want him, he can leave, we wont take him

arod: hey im opting out

yankees: fine leave, we said if you opt we dont want you

arod: guys, wassup, i wanna come back, and you still have to pay me more

yankees: you did opt out, and we did say we wouldnt take you back, okay phuck it, we'll take you back AND pay you more than you were making

i dont see how yankee fans can say that Arod didnt get what he wanted, more money, and that the yankees didnt go back on their word which they repeated multiple times

if you cant admit that you shouldnt ever argue anything, what i just said is undeniable
Yes, the Yankees went back on their word. ARod did get the money, but not the money his agent Boras wanted. This is a business and "The Boss" didn't want him to go. The Yankees locked up the best player in baseball for the next 10 years. Postseason stats aside, the Yankees needed him to help usher in the new Yankee Stadium.

JIGSAW
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Listening to all these Boston fans bash A-Rod is hilarious.......secretly they wanted him on the Red Sox.............they all did, and they ALL KNOW IT.

You can deny it all you want...but we all know you would have loved it if BOSTON SIGNED HIM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHA

Deviant
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
You can deny it all you want...but we all know you would have loved it if BOSTON SIGNED HIM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAHA

Actually, I've been saying all along I didn't want A-Rod on the Red Sox. You can search the Red Sox thread, and right after the World Series I said I hoped that the front office didn't go after him.

I'm glad the Red Sox didn't acquire him in 2007, and I'm glad the Red Sox didn't acquire him in 2004, either. With that clubhouse cancer on our team, no way Boston wins 2 World Series titles in 4 years.

JIGSAW
11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
If the Sox signed him you'd be on here bragging about it.......its a fact..........

If you wouldn't want .320 56 HR's 156 RBI's on your team hitting between Manny and Ortiz............you shouldn't be watching baseball. Maybe bowling suits you more....its easier to follow.................jus sayin.................

Deviant
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
If the Sox signed him you'd be on here bragging about it.......its a fact..........

If you wouldn't want .320 56 HR's 156 RBI's on your team hitting between Manny and Ortiz............you shouldn't be watching baseball. Maybe bowling suits you more....its easier to follow.................jus sayin.................

There's no doubt A-Rod is the best player in baseball, and without him, the Yankees probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2007. But once you're in the postseason, it's a whole new A-Rod, and you better hope someone else is producing runs or you're screwed.

Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka has more postseason RBI's over the past three seasons than Alex Rodriguez. Seriously.

JIGSAW
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
There's no doubt A-Rod is the best player in baseball, and without him, the Yankees probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2007. But once you're in the postseason, it's a whole new A-Rod, and you better hope someone else is producing runs or you're screwed.

Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka has more postseason RBI's over the past three seasons than Alex Rodriguez. Seriously.

Like i've said a million times.....Barry Bonds was the biggest postseason choker, and then what happened when they went to the World Series against Anaheim? That whole postseason, he went bonkers....hit like 10-11 HR's whatever it was...............A-Rod will come around, just like Bonds did.......Bonds was juiced up yeah, but still................A-Rod will make his mark.......

Huse
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM

No, we don't want gay-rod

Deviant
11-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Barry Bonds was the biggest postseason choker, and then what happened when they went to the World Series against Anaheim?

Barry Bonds' team lost. That's what happened.

JIGSAW
11-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Barry Bonds' team lost. That's what happened.

But his postseason slump ended...as will A-Rods............

Deviant
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
But his postseason slump ended...as will A-Rods............

Yeah. And I'm going to win the lottery.

JIGSAW
11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah. And I'm going to win the lottery.

I hope you do......................

GatorsIn09
11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
sweet arods gonna give us what happened "A-Z" after the contract is signed.
im pretty sure it wont include anything that says the yankees made fools of themselves. lol again? 86 years of foolishness must be rough

niospecv
11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Props to the Yankees even though no other team was willing to take Arod's ridiculous money seriously. lawl

JIGSAW
11-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Props to the Yankees even though no other team was willing to take Arod's ridiculous money seriously. lawl

Its not like its comming out of my pocket...................give him whatever the fcuk he wants, as long as he's in the line-up i'm happy.....