PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure out the nutrition content on my box of pasta!!

Tony T
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
It says 2 oz. for a serving size, but unfortunately I don't have a food scale so I can't measure that out! Most people have measuring cups and not scales, so why isn't the serving size measured in cups instead of oz.? It's a box of rotini so it could easily fit in a measuring cup!

Just a vent!

Rickbo
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
how many oz.s does it say the whole package is? Get that then start dividing it up. That's what I do with my chicken breasts :D

baarat
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
It says 2 oz. for a serving size, but unfortunately I don't have a food scale so I can't measure that out! Most people have measuring cups and not scales, so why isn't the serving size measured in cups instead of oz.? It's a box of rotini so it could easily fit in a measuring cup!

Just a vent!
It's universally measured that way......it difficult to measure a cup of spagetti. Like seamless said, divide it up.

The Solution
11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
2 oz yields about 210 calories and about 40g of carbs..

divide them up into even piles and eye it up.. its ur best bet.. pasta is tought so little packs so much which is tough..

but do the best you can

bookv
11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
I believe 2oz of rotini is about 2/3 cup pre-cooked. I have a box of fusilli (pretty similar to rotini), and 3 oz (85g) is 1 cup.

Tony T
11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
You know what? I had actually thought about dividing it up since there are 7 servings in a box, but it's tough to do that when you don't have a full box. I guess I should have just eyeballed it.