PDA

View Full Version : Best sources for- Potassium, glycogen, other nutrients

gijoe985
11-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Is a banana the best post workout fruit? I guess I am trying to replensh glycogen and also get some potassium. I can't remember the science, but I reember being explained why potassium (bananas) help get rid of the aching the next day.

Do they make good potassium vitamins?

justanothagirl
11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
i myself sometimes have some potassium and iodine fortified salt dissolved in water PWO, only sometimes though since it tastes nasty.

they also sell potassium supplements in the drugstore.

as for potassium food sources: http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/nutrient-search

gijoe985
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Nutritiondata.com shows ketchup as one of the best sources for potassium... I just found that interesting...

gatsby121
11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
The sugar in fruit (fructose) is not optimal for replacing glycogen...however dextrose (corn sugar) is, you can get it at most health food stores, and its relatively cheap.

in10city
11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
The sugar in fruit (fructose) is not optimal for replacing glycogen...however dextrose (corn sugar) is, you can get it at most health food stores, and its relatively cheap.
Bananas are not 100% fructose. Some fruit after training is fine and bananas are one of the better selections.

pm39120
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
white potatos are real high in potassium

gatsby121
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Bananas are not 100% fructose. Some fruit after training is fine and bananas are one of the better selections.

i agree completely, however like i said when i was addressing his question about replacing glycogen, the sugar in bananas is inadequate.

The Solution
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Is a banana the best post workout fruit? I guess I am trying to replensh glycogen and also get some potassium. I can't remember the science, but I reember being explained why potassium (bananas) help get rid of the aching the next day.

Do they make good potassium vitamins?

http://nhnh.essortment.com/potassiumfoodh_rkyn.htm

ur solution from google.com