i suppose it is better than a fast food store

CrimzonAnger
08-17-2005, 09:12 AM
No.

It's crap.

Stop eating it.

Sherazad
08-17-2005, 01:38 PM
I played football and before a big game, I'd scarf down the pasta the night before. I mean like 2-3 plates not servings. I had crazy amounts of energy the next day. I guess it's good if it's for sport, but looking back on it, it was very unhealthy, I ate that and went to be an hr later, pure fat!

HatesFat
08-17-2005, 01:47 PM
I played football and before a big game, I'd scarf down the pasta the night before. I mean like 2-3 plates not servings. I had crazy amounts of energy the next day. I guess it's good if it's for sport, but looking back on it, it was very unhealthy, I ate that and went to be an hr later, pure fat!

marathon runners do the same carb-loading to the tune of dozens of donuts before a run... however, this is NOT good for losing fat.

If you are looking to maintain, then it may not be that bad... but definitely not on a cut.

Whole wheat pasta at the most...

Taffin
08-17-2005, 06:00 PM
marathon runners do the same carb-loading to the tune of dozens of donuts before a run... however, this is NOT good for losing fat.

If you are looking to maintain, then it may not be that bad... but definitely not on a cut.

Whole wheat pasta at the most...

Bump to that.

GetImpact
08-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Barilla came out with a "Pasta Plus".

It is whole wheat pasta with increased protein content, Omega 3 (from flax), etc. By weight, I beleive it has fewer carbs than regular whole wheat pasta, and it is much higher in usable protein.

I eat perhaps half or 1/3 plate with a no-sugar-added vegetariana (garden vegetable) sauce, ricatta, a sprinkle of cheeses and some small herring (sardines, if you will) for a meal sometimes. This is during a 'mini-bulk' phase in my fat-only cutting program, but I am not gaining weight. I SHOULD eat a whole plate, but it is too difficult when I drink water with this meal.

So... I think there are options out there, and you will not have to give up pasta to still lose fat.

PapaRingo61
08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Pasta is my main thing I am going to devour once I hit my target in a few months more of cutting... I love it, it is the only thing that can even tempt me at this stage in my diet. Bulking phase is going to be awesome :).

Newport Surfer
08-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Pasta is my main thing I am going to devour once I hit my target in a few months more of cutting... I love it, it is the only thing that can even tempt me at this stage in my diet. Bulking phase is going to be awesome :).

Oh it isn't the only thing... try finding a Kit Kat Bar stuck behind the condiments in your fridge. Talk about temptation! Ugh...

Gobster
08-18-2005, 04:10 AM
i always thought pasta was ment to b healthy

but compare to a macdonalds it is the healthier option right

would a subway with chicken teriaka b better .

pasta has loads of carbs but r they good

Worldwide
08-18-2005, 04:16 AM
Pasta is ok in moderation, say once or twice a week, but if you're going to eat it choose whole wheat. As long as you stay within your daily calorie requirements and pay close attention to appropriate portion size you'll be fine.